Newcastle United vs Manchester City - 27/12/17 @ 7:45pm (Live on Sky)

Haydnator

1 hour ago, Dr Gloom said:

I wouldn’t change the formation - don’t Man City play three at the back too?

I dont really think it'll matter too much what formation we send out mate im expecting nothing but a hiding anything less is a bonus.

1 hour ago, trooper said:

I dont really think it'll matter too much what formation we send out mate im expecting nothing but a hiding anything less is a bonus.

Of course you are

• Haha 1

26 minutes ago, TheGingerQuiff said:

It's got home win written all over it this one. Can see Matt Ritchie opening the scoring, he's been unlucky lately.

Someone’s got to beat these cunts this season. Maybe they’ll get complacent. We could do with a few dodgy decisions going our way for once

46 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

It would be typical Newcastle to beat the best team in the league after losing to every other cunt going 

Not today Gloomy they're excellent

Edited by trooper

Do people want to see a reversion to 4-2-3-1 or sticking with 4-4-2?

I'm undecided but we're likely to see a dry bumming anyway, so why not compete with the best attacking team in the world with Joselu and Gayle leading the line?

I'd honestly just play what we did against West Ham, theres little to be gained from just trying to park the bus against this lot but we murdered west ham on the break, its the only way I see us doing anything positive.

They've got to make a mistake some time but thats the only way we're getting owt.

23 minutes ago, adios said:

I'm undecided but we're likely to see a dry bumming anyway, so why not compete with the best attacking team in the world with Joselu and Gayle leading the line?

I don't think we've been playing 4-4-2 anyway, just a conclusion that gets jumped to when Joselu and Gayle start together. Joselu was deeper than Gayle vs West Ham for sure

1 minute ago, TheGingerQuiff said:

What are the rumours?

Nothings been confirmed publicly but its something to do with his wife being pregnant and not well.

49 minutes ago, adios said:

4-4-2, throw men in the box, try and get behind their full backs on the counter - shit or bust.

25 minutes ago, TheGingerQuiff said:

I don't think we've been playing 4-4-2 anyway, just a conclusion that gets jumped to when Joselu and Gayle start together. Joselu was deeper than Gayle vs West Ham for sure

It’s been flat banks of four and two up top the past two games and we’ve done alright tbf. As you were 

No matter what, I expect to be surprised at Rafa's starting line-up, as I always am.

With Shelvey available after suspension,  Merino and Hayden apparently available, and Dummett lurking on the bench, I don't expect to see Rafa starting with the West Ham starting line-up.

1 hour ago, Noelie said:

No matter what, I expect to be surprised at Rafa's starting line-up, as I always am.

With Shelvey available after suspension,  Merino and Hayden apparently available, and Dummett lurking on the bench, I don't expect to see Rafa starting with the West Ham starting line-up.

Agree 100%.  I wonder if Saivet might maintain his place. :o