Newcastle United vs Manchester City - 27/12/17 @ 7:45pm (Live on Sky)

Haydnator

1 minute ago, Dr Gloom said:

Gd could keep us up. At least it wasn’t the hiding trooper was confidently predicting 

Lets not pretend it was just Troops, I was definitely expecting a hiding.

As it is I though that was hilarious.

TBF to us there were some good performances today and we should take some confidence that we can get proper points from our next couple of games after that.

Happy enough with that tbh given what could have happened.  Solid performance overall.

Whatever was said about Gary Neville as a player/person/cunt, never thought I'd see the day he was gargling Man City's balls so eagerly.

Well i was wrong about the score but they are a very good side. We might well have wrote the blueprint on how to beat them. Let them come at you for the first 30 minutes then have a go at them 

Staying in the game isn’t a bad tactic when you’ve got a squad as limited as ours. They were genuinely panicking at times at the end when we finally started having a go at them. 

Fuck me,Sterling makes Michael Owen sound interesting 

I would have liked to see us open up and attack with 20 minutes to go instead of 10. That said, it could have resulted in a 2 or 3 goal defeat, but we may well have nicked something 

19 minutes ago, Andrew said:

Lets not pretend it was just Troops, I was definitely expecting a hiding.

As it is I though that was hilarious.

TBF to us there were some good performances today and we should take some confidence that we can get proper points from our next couple of games after that.

I genuinely thought we might nick something. Very similar performance to arsenal the other week, except we didn’t threaten them as much or as quickly towards the end of it.

Easy to criticise rafa for a 5th straight home defeat but I get the reason why he wants to play like this against certain opposition given the state of the squad. 

5 minutes ago, wykikitoon said:

Fuck. Me. 

That nob giving MOM to Sterling. 'well done on another big victory' get the fuck off. What utter fucking wank football is now. 

I don't really understand what you're angry about. :lol: 

C'mon Rafa, Diame is a detriment.

C'mon Rafa, Shelvey's not much better.

C'mon Rafa, ye shudda brought Ritchie on.

C'mon Rafa, ye shudda started Atsu, he was MOM at West Ham.

C'mon Rafa, where was Saivet?