Newcastle United vs Manchester City - 27/12/17 @ 7:45pm (Live on Sky)

Haydnator

1 minute ago, Tdansmith said:

Nope, he cheated. Never a pen

Not cheating, not a pen. There was contact but it was minimal and their player was pulling out.

52 minutes ago, LooneyToony said:

Love what Rafa is doing with the lineup.  Some he's forced into and others rotate in with a congested schedule still coming up.  

No sense playing Ritchie, Merino, Atsu, and others every game in December and the beginning of January.

Aye, got our cup run to think of :D

Neville and Carraghers comments smack of a pre ordained agenda, sky want an attractive product, ok fair one. Who created the massive wealth in the premier league Jamie? The same fuckers who are keeping you in a job after you packed in playing by any chance? What a fuckin cunt. 

Didn't hear the pundits at the match and it was hard to watch especially first half but we were well in with a chance at the death and I thought Benitez more or less did what he could. I spoke to a couple of man city fans after the game and they were very complementary although to be fair they did shit themselves when I correctly identified them as man city fans even when I was being nice to them. Tbh Carragher and Neville have some sort of cult following from the younger fans that baffles the fuck out of me. 

I totally expected the game plan from Benitez, he's played negatively at home against lesser sides than Man City this season so it was no surprise in the way he set them up. What was surprising was the team selection, dropping Atsu and Gayle while continuing with Joselu was baffling to say the least but continues his run of head scratching team selection. I say this because Joselu doesn't hold the ball up very well so to play him in that system was pointless, I'd rather have Gayle playing as he has a turn of pace so offers more on the break or from a ball over the top. Also, he just randomly sticks Shelvey in there after dropping him last game and omits Saivet from the squad? Aarons hasn't played all season and Atsu was MOTM at the weekend but he gets dropped? Strange. Man City have had harder games in training than that last night.

Edited by Anorthernsoul

On the flip side of that I fully expected a spanking and on another night it could have been but for Rob Elliot, but it wasn't so Benitez is probably thinking he's damned if he does and damned if he doesn't. Big game against Brighton on Saturday that is for sure.

7 hours ago, Howmanheyman said:

Didn't hear the pundits at the match and it was hard to watch especially first half but we were well in with a chance at the death and I thought Benitez more or less did what he could. I spoke to a couple of man city fans after the game and they were very complementary although to be fair they did shit themselves when I correctly identified them as man city fans even when I was being nice to them. Tbh Carragher and Neville have some sort of cult following from the younger fans that baffles the fuck out of me. 

Tbf mate the other channel is Michael Owen, Robbie Savage and Steve McMannaman 

45 minutes ago, Anorthernsoul said:

I totally expected the game plan from Benitez, he's played negatively at home against lesser sides than Man City this season so it was no surprise in the way he set them up. What was surprising was the team selection, dropping Atsu and Gayle while continuing with Joselu was baffling to say the least but continues his run of head scratching team selection. I say this because Joselu doesn't hold the ball up very well so to play him in that system was pointless, I'd rather have Gayle playing as he has a turn of pace so offers more on the break or from a ball over the top. Also, he just randomly sticks Shelvey in there after dropping him last game and omits Saivet from the squad? Aarons hasn't played all season and Atsu was MOTM at the weekend but he gets dropped? Strange. Man City have had harder games in training than that last night.

We're in the middle of a run of games playing Saturday/Wednesday/Saturday/Monday where we can actually go toe to toe with all but last nights opponents and get points.

Is it really such a logical leap for people that they can't get their heads around rotating the squad so that we have the right players available for games we've actually got a hope of winning?

Also, he just randomly sticks Shelvey in there after dropping him last game and omits Saivet from the squad?

Love this, much as I've been annoyed with Shelvey this season what exactly has saivet done in his newcastle career to get this much backing? He absolutely gave away west hams first then made up for it, a neutral. Before that game he was one of the worst signings we'd ever made, totally pointless, and now hes some sort of trump card marquee player. 

49 minutes ago, Anorthernsoul said:

I think he approached it almost like a friendly. New formation, bringing in players that aren't match fit and resting our better players. Can't blame him with the next 2 matches so close together really

Just now, wykikitoon said:

Aye. 

Re the Gayle pen. I've seen em given. There was contact albeit minimal and in today's game you're entitled to go down. Cheating would be no contact and to go down. 

I've seen them given against us plenty, saw Alli get his against burnley a few days ago and every british pundit under the sun call the snidey prick "clever" and "cute" and all the other shit they come up with when a favourite does it.

I thought last nights match was hilarious, showed the likes of Neville and Carragher up badly on sky and Shearer piped up on twitter as well with his hot take on *non-england players* terrible dive.

The only thing I missed last night was *non-england players* tackle which was apparently awful (I'm presuming it actually wasn't) anyone got a replay of it?

• Like 1

4 hours ago, wykikitoon said:

Aye. 

Re the Gayle pen. I've seen em given. There was contact albeit minimal and in today's game you're entitled to go down. Cheating would be no contact and to go down. 

Exactly. It would have been a soft penalty but they’re definitely given by some refs. In no way was it a yellow 

Happy with that, yesterday. Nothing else we could do really and we did it well despite losing. Proud of the lads. 

Sky shagging us off can fuck off. Saying the PL is now a joke due to the gulf in class? They're the ones mainly fucking responsible for it! :lol: Get to fuck. Prefer the siege mentality anyway.

5 hours ago, Andrew said:

We're in the middle of a run of games playing Saturday/Wednesday/Saturday/Monday where we can actually go toe to toe with all but last nights opponents and get points.

Is it really such a logical leap for people that they can't get their heads around rotating the squad so that we have the right players available for games we've actually got a hope of winning?

Love this, much as I've been annoyed with Shelvey this season what exactly has saivet done in his newcastle career to get this much backing? He absolutely gave away west hams first then made up for it, a neutral. Before that game he was one of the worst signings we'd ever made, totally pointless, and now hes some sort of trump card marquee player. 

Rafa fanboy alert.

You've completely misunderstood what I was saying, where have I said Saivet is a marquee player? What I was saying is the team could benefit from some continuity,  not some slap dash names in a hat team selection that we've seen all season.

Edited by Anorthernsoul

11 minutes ago, Anorthernsoul said:

Rafa fanboy alert.

You've completely misunderstood what I was saying, where have I said Saivet is a marquee player? What I was saying is the team could benefit from some continuity,  not some slap dash names in a hat team selection that we've seen all season.

Aye, thats what's happening, tell you what we lucked out that we ended up picking an 11 that could play in their favoured positions eh?