Ant

Newcastle United vs Brighton & Hove Albion - 30/12/2017 - 3pm

Not a bad recent record against them

27 Aug 2016    Newcastle United v Brighton and Hove Albion   W   2-0    League Championship
28 Feb 2017    Brighton and Hove Albion v Newcastle United    W   1-2    League Championship
24 Sep 2017    Brighton and Hove Albion v Newcastle United    L    1-0    Premier League

We should have everyone bar Gamez available, who Rafa ends up picking god knows

Brighton only missing Sidwell

Is this the last home game before the January transfer window opens?  Must be.

It's never going to happen, but I'd like to see Mitro start. Not for sentimentality before he leaves us, but because I think he's the better option than Joselu. I'm convinced the things he does better than him without question is holding the ball up, passing,  and flick-ons.  

2-0 the good. (NUFC)

Edited by LooneyToony

Nary a doubt in my mind,  I will be surprised at Rafa's starting line-up once again.

I too would like to see Nitro given a start if he's fit, I think his type of play is suited to go against Brighton.

7 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

These are the games we’ve got to be winning if we’re going to stop up. We’ve already lost too many at home 

Aye, not to go all @trooper but lose this game and Newcastle will immediately be demoted to the Conference.

14 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

I’d like to see Gayle start. 

I'd also like to see him have a shot instead of diving to try and win us a penalty ( he should know by now we never get penalties) 

4 minutes ago, Ayatollah Hermione said:

Another win that recent performances have warranted, I reckon. A tight 2-1 with Merino coming back in to run the show.

I really liked how Merino and Atsu played in the late game v City, if they bring that same attitude/positioning into this match they'll cause brighton no end of problems.

Lots of snow on Tyneside at the moment, freezing conditions for tonight.  ( yellow warning ) 

I know the pitch can handle it but the surrounding areas around the ground might be a bit hazardous tomorrow.   

19 minutes ago, essembeeofsunderland said:

Put some tennis rackets on your feet,soft twat.

Yeah i am a bit soft i guess, I just like socks and shoes, or sometimes boots. you must come from a rough area if that's all you wear, especially when it thaws. 

1 minute ago, Tdansmith said:

Yeah i am a bit soft i guess, I just like socks and shoes, or sometimes boots. you must come from a rough area if that's all you wear, especially when it thaws. 

It's all the blue pop & cheesy chips makes him nails 

• Haha 1

41 minutes ago, Anorthernsoul said:

What time is the draw for the starting lineup?

Fingers crossed for a goalkeeper eh?

These are the key points from Rafa Benitez’s press conference.

He takes responsibility for the way his team set up against City but maintains they nearly got a ‘fantastic’ result

Is very happy with the effort and response from the players following the West Ham game

Does not want to talk about the January transfer window; just wants to concentrate on Brighton

Feels that TV pundits ‘have to say something’ 

Has great respect for Chris Hughton and feels like he is doing a good job at Brighton.