Jump to content
Ant

Newcastle United vs Brighton & Hove Albion - 30/12/2017 - 3pm

Recommended Posts

Fucking pathetic, cheers Mike. This is what happens when you try and run club on a shoestring budget. Sell up and fuck off please.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

very worrying performance as well as result. i thought we might have turned a corner after the west ham performance but that was about as clueless as we've been all season. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

very worrying performance as well as result. i thought we might have turned a corner after the west ham performance but that was about as clueless as we've been all season. 

 

Indeed. The stage was set and we barely turned up for rehearsal.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That was a bad result and a pretty pathetic performance. So annoying to see how Watford are playing after they smashed us, and to see Everton roll over after their smash and grab win here. We need big results against Stoke and Swansea now, the latter looking like they're getting a bit of a bounce.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Neither team should get any points for that performance, should both be immediately relegated from the Football League, and Rafa and Hughton should be set on fire.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We don’t seem to be able to play on the front foot. All very well sitting deep and counter attacking away from home or against vastly superior opposition but it’s very disappointing to see we don’t have the plan, or the players, to play more assertively when the onus is on us to get a result.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Dr Gloom said:

We don’t seem to be able to play on the front foot. All very well sitting deep and counter attacking away from home or against vastly superior opposition but it’s very disappointing to see we don’t have the plan, or the players, to play more assertively when the onus is on us to get a result.

 

It's really fucking odd playing more attacking players and relegating your best ball playing midfielder to the bench. I accept the theory behind his rotation policy but when our squad is this shit there comes a time when you need to just make sure your best players play. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Disappointing? ........ better fucking believe it.

One point is better than none, but that's piss poor consolation when it should have been three.

Needless loss of possession, two brilliant saves by their keeper, and little threat up front sums it all.

No complaints about the starting line-up, but have to question Rafa's subs and timing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This is all part of Rafa's plan.

If we were mid table looking safe, the fat twat wouldn't get his asking fee and he wouldn't have buy any knew players.

 

( well that's my excuse and I'm sticking with it ) 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Noelie said:

Disappointing? ........ better fucking believe it.

One point is better than none, but that's piss poor consolation when it should have been three.

Needless loss of possession, two brilliant saves by their keeper, and little threat up front sums it all.

No complaints about the starting line-up, but have to question Rafa's subs and timing.

Ritchie was having a mare so no complaints with that one from me. He should have introduced shelvey on the hour mark, or sooner. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

Should play merino and shelvey in the games we’re trying to dominate.

 

Now that's something I agree with Dr. Gloom, and I don't understand why Benitez doesn't agree.:mad:

I think their individual styles would compliment each other and give us a creative midfield duo.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Where's Andrew defending Benitez now? Persisting with Joselu is nothing short of criminal. I'd rather have Shelvey in there, at least he wants the ball and can actually create something. It's easy to play against us, dominate the ball early on and the we are more than happy just to sit back and allow it. There's zero urgency in our system.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Anorthernsoul said:

Where's Andrew defending Benitez now? Persisting with Joselu is nothing short of criminal. I'd rather have Shelvey in there, at least he wants the ball and can actually create something. It's easy to play against us, dominate the ball early on and the we are more than happy just to sit back and allow it. There's zero urgency in our system.

 

:lol: I've really upset you by not agreeing with you on the city game haven't I?

While I'm here then, I've nothing to say on defending rafa here, which I didn't do particularly when you accused me of being a fan of our manager (weird that innit, one of our fans liking the manager?)

Today was shit, but it wasn't Rafa making Ritchie be incapable of delivering a set piece or a cross, it wasn't him makling Atsu not take on the 37 year old right back, the players were garabge today.

 

We could've played Merino and Shelvey in midfield aye, thats about the only change to make but Shelvey didn't exactly light the game up when he was on so what?

 

You were touting Gayle in as he offers pace for balls over the top, but he doesn't look to have the beating of anyone and won't take a shot if he does work a bit of space, he looks like exactly the sort of player we bought, good enough for the championship, not good enough for the PL.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

But hey, for a random picker Rafa has managed to get a goalkeeper in the side yet again. Something to be thankful for.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Anorthernsoul said:

Totally avoided the direct issue I've made about starting Joselu in every game even though he's the biggest pile of SHITE we've seen since Xisco. Well well well.

 

Who else? Mitro wants to leave and clearly is missing something for the manager to trust him, Gayles just as bad so far this season, Perez isn't a striker.

 

Shall we have Matt Ritchie as a false 9?

 

The fault lies with the owner not fronting up for a decent stirker, not the manager picking what hes got

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


Recent tweets

Toontastic Facebook

Donate to Toontastic

Keeping the lights on since... well ages ago
TT-Staff


×