Newcastle United v Luton Town FA Cup 3rd round sat 6/1/18

Tdansmith

42 minutes ago, beatty said:

It is nice to have taken the cup much more seriously than in recent years, but I genuinely feel we needed to rest the key players today.  

Woodman being proper nervy is really disappointing. 

Ugh 

• Like 1

He's clearly highly rated, trained with the England first team a couple of months back.

SJP isn't a good environment for bedding in young players tbh. The other players were giving him a couple of touches of the ball to calm him & a section of the crowd just wanted him to fucking launch it.

Against Luton.

54 minutes ago, beatty said:

It is nice to have taken the cup much more seriously than in recent years, but I genuinely feel we needed to rest the key players today.  

Woodman being proper nervy is really disappointing. 

They're not playing again for a week, man.

22 minutes ago, Tom said:

Ugh 

To be mores specific: I think we could have rested a handful of really important players and still got the result today.  I'm not talking about wanting us to have made wholesale changes, like we have done in previous years, but maybe left a couple more players out who are essential to our Premier League survival.  Particularly Lascelles and maybe even Ayoze.  

It looks like hindsight talking with Lascelles having to go off as a precaution today, but I wasn't comfortable with him playing before kick-off.  He seems like a guy who is going to suffer with injuries playing week in week out and probably needs a game or two off here and there.  And he is so incredibly important to us staying up.

Edited by beatty

16 minutes ago, ewerk said:

Give the lad a break. Most of you hadn’t touched a girl’s tit by the age of 20. Never mind making your debut at SJP.

How do you keep abreast of such trivia information ewerk, is it based on your personal experience?

Incidentally my first touch was at 15.:) 

17 minutes ago, Tom said:

He's clearly highly rated, trained with the England first team a couple of months back.

SJP isn't a good environment for bedding in young players tbh. The other players were giving him a couple of touches of the ball to calm him & a section of the crowd just wanted him to fucking launch it.

Against Luton.

Like I say the goal was entirely Clark's fault, Woodman couldn't do much about it if an experienced defender makes the wrong decision. Other than that he didn't do anything wrong so the criticism is a piss take to be fair. 

11 minutes ago, Noelie said:

How do you keep abreast of such trivia information ewerk, is it based on your personal experience?

Incidentally my first touch was at 15.:) 

I’m talking about under the bra, Noelie.

I'm glad we put out a strong lineup. This team need confidence and this builds on that. We were lucky in that we came out unscathed, and the players have enough time to rest. We need to stick a rocket up Swansea now and kick on. I'm desperately hoping we get a couple of additions before the next game just to ease the burden on our relatively trim squad. 

Glad Woodman got blooded, just to get that under his belt will do the world of good. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Tdansmith said:

This was the first match day thread I've started, in fact it was the first thread ive started ever.

We win. 100% record for me :D

You have to start the next one too