VAR... really??

PaddockLad

• 3 weeks later...
9 hours ago, Tdansmith said:

It was absolutely shocking, not least because all they needed to do was check the Fox Sports coverage, which clearly showed the offside.  Frankly, the linesman should have picked it up, but it makes them look really stupid, because the only person in the Country watching the game who could not see it was the VAR :aussie:

7 hours ago, RobinRobin said:

It was absolutely shocking, not least because all they needed to do was check the Fox Sports coverage, which clearly showed the offside.  Frankly, the linesman should have picked it up, but it makes them look really stupid, because the only person in the Country watching the game who could not see it was the VAR :aussie:

And they would have seen it on the big screen at the stadium as part of the replay for the goal.

The whole thing was a fucking farce, with the referee giving Melbourne carte blanche to man handle the Newcastle players and that lineman was blindingly bias, a bit like the cunt that gave the penalty against NUFC on Saturday.

VAR is just an excuse for referees not to make decisions and for the VAR referee to re-referee the game on matters they should have no say in, as has been obvious this season with the a-league.

Offsides and dubious goals should be all VAR is used for.

Edited by sammynb

• 1 month later...
21 minutes ago, Howmanheyman said:

When goals can't be properly celebrated then the games fucked.

Really good point which I hadn't considered, so now I'm back on the fence.

Thanks for that, you cunt. <_<  

42 minutes ago, Howmanheyman said:

When goals can't be properly celebrated then the games fucked. Wrong decisions have been around since the game started in the 19th century. We managed just about. :lol:

Yeah, we also managed in the 19th century with workhouses and smallpox but things move on.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Howmanheyman said:

When goals can't be properly celebrated then the games fucked. Wrong decisions have been around since the game started in the 19th century. We managed just about. :lol:

This does bug me like I must admit 

29 minutes ago, Alex said:

This does bug me like I must admit 

We've just about managed all these years without it tbf. This var from all I've seen of it so far is definitely taking something away from the game, a goal goes in and you half feel people looking around to see whether there's going to be a look at it and refs walking around looking at a screen while everyone waits around. It's fucking bollocks, man. The goal line technology seems to work fine and is instant so that's great but I just think this is spoiling the whole event of a goal being scored. 

• Like 2

Would you be happy with AI that made the call in a split second with 99% accuracy so we could celebrate it instantly?

5 minutes ago, adios said:

Would you be happy with AI that made the call in a split second with 99% accuracy so we could celebrate it instantly?

No

8 minutes ago, adios said:

You need to get back on the drink you worky fucka. :lol: ;)

You luddites need to get with the program, AI makes movies now.  AVAR will be officiating robofut by 2020.

Has there been a VAR disputed goal yet like? Genuine question cos I don’t remember one. I just remember VAR being used to correctly call 2 penalties so far.

3 minutes ago, strawb said:

Has there been a VAR disputed goal yet like? Genuine question cos I don’t remember one. I just remember VAR being used to correctly call 2 penalties so far.

I know what HMHM means like, it's slowed down the instant joy of a goal going in while we process that extra bit of uncertainty.  I feel like you can see it in the players too sometimes.

Maybe it's just teething problems.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, strawb said:

yes, its done its job