VAR... really??

PaddockLad

3 hours ago, essembeeofsunderland said:

I'd welcome a win in the Charity Shield. 

I’m sure we all would as it generally means you’ve won something else. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

• 3 weeks later...
22 minutes ago, Renton said:

England's penalty there. If VAR is going to be introduced into the men's game like this football is ruined.

Fortunately none of us give a fuck any more fanks to Mike. It's perfect timing!

• Haha 3

• 2 months later...
6 hours ago, PaddockLad said:

Anyone want to hazard a guess as to why there's been no pitch side reviews in 49 games so far this season, bearing in mind  they happened regularly during the world cup last summer? 🤔 

If I remember correctly the PL opted not to add the pitch side reviews piece, I think they wanted to try and speed up the VAR process. 

Edited by Howay

5 hours ago, Howay said:

If I remember correctly the PL opted not to add the pitch side reviews piece, I think they wanted to try and speed up the VAR process. 

the pitch-side reviews were fucking farcical 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
18 hours ago, Andrew said:

Where's your Danny Baker now eh?! :razz:

The Sheff Utd players stopped. They wouldn't have last season. "Play to the whistle" is of course correct but if it had been the other way around it we'd have been just as pissed off as Wilder. 

I've only been to one game this season. The last time I went to as few as that was more than 30 years ago. It's not just VAR but it is playing a large part. Prefer to watch a game at any level without it now. 

On 05/12/2019 at 21:43, Howmanheyman said:

Clear and OBVIOUS mistake getting overturned is what it's there for. Been a few where this hasn't been the case. Juries still out.

Exactly. Whilst it was onside, it was a linesman getting a very marginal decision wrong 

Just now, Alex said:

Exactly. Whilst it was onside, it was a linesman getting a very marginal decision wrong 

The clear and obvious part doesn't apply to offsidss apparently because you are either onside or offside. Its not an objective decision