FA Cup 4th Round - Chelsea (or Norwich) v Newcastle

wykikitoon

2 minutes ago, Dougle said:

How so dan? They hit us on the break for their goals.... decent team on the pitch.... what else could we do?

I just thought the first 25 mins or so Chelsea were half asleep, that was our chance but we never really looked like scoring .

I always thought it was just a matter of time before they scored. The scoreline was just about fair and they beat us in 2nd gear. We were of course outclassed in every position but never got stuck in, maybe it's because the players ( and Rafa ) have Burnley on their minds.

I don't know why anyone would be upset about yesterday's performance.  We obviously set up defensively but we still tried to attack when we could.  The simple fact is that group of players aren't anywhere near good enough and it's completely understandable that Rafa rested a few ahead of a far more important game on Wednesday.  I would be pissed off if we just played kids like we did under Pardew but I can't get wound up because we lost to a far superior team who has an owner who wants success for them and not just his tatty sports shops.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, David Kelly said:

I don't know why anyone would be upset about yesterday's performance.  We obviously set up defensively but we still tried to attack when we could.  The simple fact is that group of players aren't anywhere near good enough and it's completely understandable that Rafa rested a few ahead of a far more important game on Wednesday.  I would be pissed off if we just played kids like we did under Pardew but I can't get wound up because we lost to a far superior team who has an owner who wants success for them and not just his tatty sports shops.

Spot on