Newcastle United v Swansea City St James' Park, Premier League 13 Jan 2018 KO 300pm

Tdansmith

9 minutes ago, Kid Dynamite said:

Richie’s end product is disappointing but he’s got the best football brain in the team 

I disagree. I don't think he thinks or acts quickly enough so by the time it comes to delivering a ball he's giving himself too much to do which in turn has a negative effect on his end product. I think he's got enough quality in his feet but ultimately isn't sharp enough at this level

6 minutes ago, Noelie said:

I fault Benitez for that loss of 2 points.

Diame ahead of Merino............Bullshit.

Bringing Merino on in the last 10 minutes.......Bullshit.

Wake-up Rafa.

Game should have been won in the first half with the chances we  had and the amount of possession.

Lost the plot in the second and have easily thrown the game away.........nearly did.

So the midfield selection was wrong but the team created enough chances to put it to bed in the first half?

Baffling.

4 minutes ago, adios said:

So the midfield selection was wrong but the team created enough chances to put it to bed in the first half?

Baffling.

Not really baffling, I didn't say the midfield selection was wrong, I said Diame was wrong, and Diame played his part in missed chances.

2 points lost today, next saturday away to Man City :D

In fact we've an awful run of games coming up in the prem our next 6 are...

Man City (a)

Burnley (h)

Palace (a)

Man Utd (h)

Bournemouth (a)

Liverpool (a)

Edited by trooper

The team was about as strong as we could put out with the exception perhaps of Merino for diame. My only criticism of Rafa is I’d like to have seen Murphy introduced for Ritchie on about 70 minutes as he was having a shocker. 

We had more than enough chances to have had it wrapped up after the first 45. If anyone is to blame it’s perez and Gayle, who both missed sitters. And shelvey for an absurd attempt at a free kick practically in the penalty area when all he had to do was blast it on target.

we are massively in the relegation mix and I suspect we will be until the death. If I was Ashley watching today and I wanted to sell the club, I’d be making sure we brought in a couple of forward options ASAP. But fuck knows what the fat controller is thinking, or if he was even watching. 

10 minutes ago, Noelie said:

Not really baffling, I didn't say the midfield selection was wrong, I said Diame was wrong, and Diame played his part in missed chances.

He didn't

That header from Gayle when it was harder to miss the target and Perez’s woeful finish in that one on one are what cost us the points. You’ve got to be taking those chances 

1 minute ago, Dr Gloom said:

That header from Gayle when it was harder to miss the target and Perez’s woeful finish in that one on one are what cost us the points. You’ve got to be taking those chances 

Gayle had two headers he should've scored and the run through where he took on the shot early and put it wide.

But you know, Diames two shots from outside the box are definitive proof that its Rafas fault we dropped points today.

15 minutes ago, trooper said:

Man City (a)

Burnley (h)

Palace (a)

Man Utd (h)

Bournemouth (a)

Liverpool (a)

Three winnable games there. 9 points out of those and the job is almost done 

Edited by Dr Gloom

3 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

Three winnable games there. 9 points out of those and the job is almost done 

Today was very winnable look how that turned out we need reinforcements quick. Btw i expect Shelvey to be sold, it's no good shaking his head as he was coming off. The way he was he was a red card waiting to happen Rafa couldn't chance it.

3 minutes ago, trooper said:

Today was very winnable look how that turned out we need reinforcements quick. Btw i expect Shelvey to be sold, it's no good shaking his head as he was coming off. The way he was he was a red card waiting to happen Rafa couldn't chance it.

Fuck him. Get rid.

42 minutes ago, trooper said:

Man City (a)

Burnley (h)

Palace (a)

Man Utd (h)

Bournemouth (a)

Liverpool (a)

Its not that bad, 3 could wins and 3 nee chances

It’s still so tight. All you need is to put a couple of wins together and you climb half the table. Look at West Ham all of a sudden. They were bottom three after we beat them the other week. The bottom half of the table is way more interesting than the top this season 

50 minutes ago, Noelie said:

Oh sorry, you didn't say the midfield selection was wrong, you just said the wrong midfielder was selected, my apologies.

The team that Rafa picked produced the chances to win the game.  The strikers that Rafa wasn't allowed to buy didn't score.  Diamé had a good game.

Baffling.

Record at home is terrible, because fans get on the teams back.

Even though knowledgable fans would know we have a team that isn’t premier league quality but is giving it’s all.

We are in a relagation battle and we have been all season, as 100%of newly promoted teams are, forget our past when we were good. We are scrapping and with this owner it’s all we can do.

19 minutes ago, strawb said:

Record at home is terrible, because fans get on the teams back.

Even though knowledgable fans would know we have a team that isn’t premier league quality but is giving it’s all.

We are in a relagation battle and we have been all season, as 100%of newly promoted teams are, forget our past when we were good. We are scrapping and with this owner it’s all we can do.

Yup, blaming the manager is futile. He’s doing a great job given the hand he’s been dealt. And the players deserve some credit too for grafting their arses off despite their obvious limitations. If we go down it’s because they’re ultimately not good enough for the league (blame the fat one again), but you can’t fault their attitude. Not like the spineless cunts who were all way more talented but took us down the last two times. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Andrew said:

He didn't

Yes he fucking did. He took 2 goal scoring chances and missed by a mile.

In fact you said he had 2 shots outside the box.

Edited by Noelie

6 minutes ago, Noelie said:

Yes he fucking did. He took 2 goal scoring chances and missed by a mile.

In fact you said he had 2 shots outside the box.

Was that the one towards the end where it wouldn't come down quick enough for him to get over the ball and keep it down? Nobody in our squad would have scored that, it barely a half chance.

I've criticised Diame over and over again (with a fair amount of justification) but he has been decent the last few weeks and I thought he did ok today too.

His selection was not responsible for us not winning today, that was again down to our owner and his his unwillingness to buy or loan a premier league quality striker.

• Like 2