Newcastle United v Swansea City St James' Park, Premier League 13 Jan 2018 KO 300pm

Tdansmith

2 hours ago, Andrew said:

But you know, Diames two shots from outside the box are definitive proof that its Rafas fault we dropped points today.

10 minutes ago, Billy Whitehurst said:

Was that the one towards the end where it wouldn't come down quick enough for him to get over the ball and keep it down? Nobody in our squad would have scored that, it barely a half chance.

I've criticised Diame over and over again (with a fair amount of justification) but he has been decent the last few weeks and I thought he did ok today too.

His selection was not responsible for us not winning today, that was again down to our owner and his his unwillingness to buy or loan a premier league quality striker.

Looks like someone thinks like I do, and not what you do Mr. Whitehurst.

And you might have had a different opinion had Diame's hand ball resulted in a penalty and red card.

The bottom line is this ...

The players are doing the best they can it's NOT their fault

Rafa's doing the best he can with what he's got it's NOT his fault

Lard Arse ont help Rafa buy better players that would help these players its HIS fault.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Noelie said:

Looks like someone thinks like I do, and not what you do Mr. Whitehurst.

And you might have had a different opinion had Diame's hand ball resulted in a penalty and red card.

You want to watch out for the sarcasm Noelle. I categorically don’t agree with you at all.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, trooper said:

The bottom line is this ...

The players are doing the best they can it's NOT their fault

Rafa's doing the best he can with what he's got it's NOT his fault

Lard Arse ont help Rafa buy better players that would help these players its HIS fault.

Yeah. And we’re never going to get a better manager than Rafa as long as this cunt is in charge. 

• Like 2

Shelvey for all his ability, is not intelligent enough to grow up and keep himself out of trouble. He also needs to find some sleeves to roll up when they need to be rolled. 

Despite this, I don't think we should be selling anyone. Does Ashley honestly think its good business to sell someone now rather than in 6 months when the difference could be getting money for one player and relegation or holding off for survival and all the money it brings? 

We are wasteful with the chances we are creating and we can't afford to be. Joselu took his goal well, full credit to him where its due. The others though, need to be more consistent and not just finishing. We give too many balls away from errant simple passes.

Yeah, get rid. But who is coming in to take his place?  No one good, I'm sure of it,   So we're stuck with him and the rest of these guys this season.  Hope you all have plenty of panties because it's going to go right to the last week again! 

1 hour ago, Andrew said:

....................................................... Noelle. I categorically don’t agree with you at all.

Frankly ........, I don't give a damn.:)

3 hours ago, strawb said:

Record at home is terrible, because fans get on the teams back.

Even though knowledgable fans would know we have a team that isn’t premier league quality but is giving it’s all.

We are in a relagation battle and we have been all season, as 100%of newly promoted teams are, forget our past when we were good. We are scrapping and with this owner it’s all we can do.

Spot on. 

Today was a frustrating one, our lot just couldn’t put their chances away. It’s positive that we created so many though. 

Imagine if Rafa had a PL level squad of players, we’d probably be safe already man :lol: what a fucking wanker Ashley is. Even if he’d just let Rafa get a PL level striker he could comfortably guide us away from the rabble below imo. 

Edited by Howay

I don't think there's a single player we can sell for money worth having that we'll also replace with someone better.

It looks like loans will be our only hope, so we've got to rely on Ings deciding he wants to move and us being in pole position I think. Doesn't seem like there's a lot of other choice out there. 

In terms of fixtures ahead, there are three winnable games in the next 6. And tbh 4 points would probably be enough to keep us out of the drop zone. As someone mentioned, Burnley at home might come at just the right time to give us a boost. Just a narrow defeat would have to do us at City I feel.

On 13/01/2018 at 20:38, Noelie said:

And you might have had a different opinion had Diame's hand ball resulted in a penalty and red card

Had on, wouldn't it have been a goal but for Diame's elbow? Given this, seems strange to criticise him for this particular act. 

On 13/01/2018 at 23:24, Howay said:

Record at home is terrible, because fans get on the teams back

And this. Wasn't at the Swansea game but been to most others. I've not noticed fans on players backs any more than usual. Our record at home is poor because most players aren't PL standard and in particular we don't have a goal scorer, which is obvious to everyone. Our away record is also pretty shit. 

4 hours ago, Renton said:

And this. Wasn't at the Swansea game but been to most others. I've not noticed fans on players backs any more than usual. Our record at home is poor because most players aren't PL standard and in particular we don't have a goal scorer, which is obvious to everyone. Our away record is also pretty shit. 

I didn’t say that tbf, I was more agreeing with the other parts of Strawb’s post as I can’t really speak on the atmosphere. Last match I was at was the Watford home match. 

3 hours ago, Howay said:

I didn’t say that tbf, I was more agreeing with the other parts of Strawb’s post as I can’t really speak on the atmosphere. Last match I was at was the Watford home match. 

Aye, I know you didn't say it and not knocking Strawb but it's a bit of a cliche that irritates me. Thing is, the atmosphere at least at the start of matches has been good under Rafa. But it's a symbiotic relationship, which can either go the way of positive or negative feedback depending on the players performance. Watford being a case in point. Utterly garbage performance killed the atmosphere (worst this year, unlucky for you).

I don't think our fans are uniquely good or bad. However, they turn out in huge numbers no matter how shit we are which is massively to their credit. Implied criticism is unfair imho and counter productive. 

My point was that the fans should know that the players aren’t world beaters and should probably pack in the whinging, especially when those average players are giving it their all. The manager has implied as much all season.

I also don’t think my point about the atmosphere on an Internet forum is counter productive, because there is about 40 active users on here. 

Me dad moved back down to Cheshire after mam died all the other famiky live down there. Most of them are Man Utd or City fans dad always gets their backs up saying the best supported club in this country is Newcastle United. They always counter with we've got bigger grounds. Dad says to the Man Utd fans when you had that bad run loads stayed away. No matter wich way Newcastle play there'-s always a full ground it soon shuts them up :D:nufc: