Craig Levein

Shearergol

What about Gemmill ?

To be honest I think Gemmill would make a very similar Chairman to Shepherd. Clued up financially, but clueless about football! ;)

84999[/snapback]

I would make a fucking superb chairman. Charming, debonair, good with figures, professional. And looking sooooooo good in front of the camera. :lol:

85000[/snapback]

... speaking of your alleged appearence, the similarities to Shepherd are actually even more frightening... :unsure:

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

What about Gemmill ?

To be honest I think Gemmill would make a very similar Chairman to Shepherd. Clued up financially, but clueless about football! :razz:

84999[/snapback]

I would make a fucking superb chairman. Charming, debonair, good with figures, professional. And looking sooooooo good in front of the camera. :lol:

85000[/snapback]

... speaking of your alleged appearence, the similarities to Shepherd are actually even more frightening... :unsure:

85004[/snapback]

They'd only see the top of your speccy little head, Dr. Teenwolf. ;)

What about Gemmill ?

To be honest I think Gemmill would make a very similar Chairman to Shepherd. Clued up financially, but clueless about football! B)

84999[/snapback]

85000[/snapback]

85004[/snapback]

85007[/snapback]

Still better than filling out the whole screen with your pie-munching-Fat-Fred-lookalike head. :razz:

What about Gemmill ?

To be honest I think Gemmill would make a very similar Chairman to Shepherd. Clued up financially, but clueless about football! :rolleyes:

84999[/snapback]

85000[/snapback]

85004[/snapback]

85007[/snapback]

Still better than filling out the whole screen with your pie-munching-Fat-Fred-lookalike head. :razz:

85010[/snapback]

Aye I can just see you at the press conference sat in a fucking highchair. B)

What about Gemmill ?

To be honest I think Gemmill would make a very similar Chairman to Shepherd. Clued up financially, but clueless about football! :rolleyes:

84999[/snapback]

85000[/snapback]

85004[/snapback]

85007[/snapback]

85010[/snapback]

85011[/snapback]

At least I only need one chair... :blush:

What about Gemmill ?

84999[/snapback]

85000[/snapback]

85004[/snapback]

85007[/snapback]

85010[/snapback]

85011[/snapback]

At least I only need one chair... :blush:

85013[/snapback]

With cushions.

So who is to blame for appointing Souness then LM? You yourself wanted Souness out from day one but you refuse to criticise the bloke who appointed him.

84745[/snapback]

for about the hundredth time Alex, one bad appointment doesn't make a bad chairman ..... Are Liverpool a bad board for appointing Souness ?

A straight answer from all of you will suffice, yes or no

84796[/snapback]

Shepherd backs the managers at the Toon, but surely this is down to the fact that the club's large fanbase (couple with TV revenue) provides him with the opportunity to do this.

84735[/snapback]

Exactly. Pointing at chairmen of clubs that make no money and comparing Shepherd to them is ridiculous.

84750[/snapback]

So how come othe big clubs don't tap their fanbases so well as us ?

A straight answer will do

84797[/snapback]

I love the way you keep finishing off with "a straight yes/no will do" Leazes....

You know damned well that there is a lot more to it. And comparing Shepherd with some other selected chairman and our previous 'efforts' does not excuse him from being shite...

Keep it up lads, I can see Leazes breaking here. I think he's just about to come round to the other side of the argument........! :lol:

84810[/snapback]

not a chance mate, I know I'm right ....

just like about Luque :razz:

... and Kluivert B)

... and Souness :rolleyes:

... and Bellamy :blush:

84818[/snapback]

Kluivert and Luque are rumoured to be Shepherd signings.

84822[/snapback]

no chance

84831[/snapback]

You 'know' this, I take it :unsure:

84833[/snapback]

Does he shite....but it'd destroy his argument if he didn't say that! ;)

I love the way you keep finishing off with "a straight yes/no will do" Leazes....

thats because you keep avoiding them ...

You know damned well that there is a lot more to it. And comparing Shepherd with some other selected chairman and our previous 'efforts' does not excuse him from being shite...

85071[/snapback]

I've told you what a chairman is responsible for and what a manager is responsible for. You are wrong about comparisons, I'm showing you what shite ones are and asking how Shepherd stands against them.

Point is, you have NO idea of what really makes a crap chairman, you are just jumping on a hype bandwagon.

Shepherd has appointed 3 managers the supporters wanted/agreed with, with successful track records, and gave them enough freedom and backing to be successful. FACT. And THAT is his job, and the limit of a good chairmans involvement with team matters.

Have pointed out several times the decisions Shepherd has made which has set us into decline. Yet you conveniently overlook these....

As has been pointed out, Look at where we are now compared to where we were when Shepherd took over.

How you consider him to be a success is ludicrous!

Shepherd:

- was the force behind the Dalglish appointment when SJH actually wanted Robson

- openly admitted that the club were ripping off the fans

- sacked Robson at the worst possible point in a season with no idea who was to replace him.

- Made a ridiculous bid for Rooney which wasted time and effort that should have been spent finding a suitable replacement for Woodgate

- appointed Souness

- continuing to this day to support Graeme Souness

I totally agree with what Gemmill says, for him to regain any dignity, he (and the rest of them in the boardroom) should forego their dividend for this year to pay Souness off and get us out of the horrid mess he got us into in the first place!

Have pointed out several times the decisions Shepherd has made which has set us into decline. Yet you conveniently overlook these....

As has been pointed out, Look at where we are now compared to where we were when Shepherd took over.

I don't, but considering we have played in the Champions League 2nd phase, and the top 5 3 times, and been the 3rd top spenders in the country in the last decade, how you consider him to be a total failure is ludicrous.

Shepherd:

were you happy with Dalglish at the time.

Also - SJH was the biggest shareholder, so I don't believe he wasn't happy himself with Dalglish or he would have vetoed it

so what ? you know this, everyone else does it, you know this too, if you don't like it don't buy anything.

Fancy gloryfying NOTW gutter press when you knock The Sun when it suits you - I hope I don't see you taking the piss out of the tabloids in future ....

I simply don't understand why people keep thinking things like this, effect what happens on the pitch, which is what matters.

- sacked Robson at the worst possible point in a season with no idea who was to replace him.

were you happy he sacked Gullit, or not ? As it was "the worst possible point" [seeing as you didn't answer earlier

- Made a ridiculous bid for Rooney which wasted time and effort that should have been spent finding a suitable replacement for Woodgate

I answered this earlier, I'm still waiting for a reply to that too

- appointed Souness

this is a no-no for you, because you have backed him like Shepherd to be successful. You simply can't criticise someone for making a decision that you yourself agreed with

I've also suggested some reasons for him not sacking Souness, why don't you read the thread properly and comment on them instead of continuing your paranoid stance.

I totally agree with what Gemmill says, for him to regain any dignity, he (and the rest of them in the boardroom) should forego their dividend for this year to pay Souness off and get us out of the horrid mess he got us into in the first place!

85124[/snapback]

fair point as i said, but its a token gesture that would not have much impact,

it's no use buying 2 Amdy Fayes, or half a Boumsong or Luque [or even the full crap version]. No, it would only impact if they spent it extremely well, such as buying Craig Bellamy back

Edited by LeazesMag

I don't, but considering we have played in the Champions League 2nd phase, and the top 5 3 times, and been the 3rd top spenders in the country in the last decade, how you consider him to be a total failure is ludicrous.

Managing to overlook the fact that the CL qualification criteria is somewhat different these days to what it was prior to Shepherd being Chairman...

Shepherd:

Also - SJH was the biggest shareholder, so I don't believe he wasn't happy himself with Dalglish or he would have vetoed it

I've answered the question about Dalglish before. I had no opinion of him when he was appointed, I prefer to see how they get on in the job before passing judgement. But for the record, I recall wanting them to appoint Robson as I trusted SJH's judgement. Was widely known that Hall wanted Robson but Shepherd and deadly Doug got their own way!

so what ? you know this, everyone else does it, you know this too, if you don't like it don't buy anything.

Fancy gloryfying NOTW gutter press when you knock The Sun when it suits you - I hope I don't see you taking the piss out of the tabloids in future ....

I simply don't understand why people keep thinking things like this, effect what happens on the pitch, which is what matters.

not the point, we all know it happens, but why's he feel the need to boast about it?

were you happy he sacked Gullit, or not ? As it was "the worst possible point" [seeing as you didn't answer earlier

For starters, he didn't sack Gullit, he asked him to resign. Secondly, it wasn't the "worst possible point" back in 1999 as the current transfer window policy didn't exist!

I answered this earlier, I'm still waiting for a reply to that too

You pointed out that it was ambition I seem to recall? I'd much preferred him to have got his head out of the clouds and concentrate on buying what we needed (a Woodgate replacement). Instead we went 6 months without one and even now we haven't replaced him IMO.

Who's this web_admin character? :lol:

85283[/snapback]

Whoever he is, he can quote better than Craig can ;)

85284[/snapback]

Thank you boss! :unsure:

- appointed Souness

this is a no-no for you, because you have backed him like Shepherd to be successful. You simply can't criticise someone for making a decision that you yourself agreed with

I've also suggested some reasons for him not sacking Souness, why don't you read the thread properly and comment on them instead of continuing your paranoid stance.

Never once 'backed' Souness. If you go to the thread on toonchat (http://s7.invisionfree.com/toonchat/) you'll see I was firmly against the appointment from the outset.

fair point as i said, but its a token gesture that would not have much impact,

it's no use buying 2 Amdy Fayes, or half a Boumsong or Luque [or even the full crap version]. No, it would only impact if they spent it extremely well, such as buying Craig Bellamy back!

Token gesture??? I think it's the least he can offer considering the fucking mess his actions have left us in! Besides, I'm not (and I presume Gemmill isn't either) talking about them using the dividend to buy more players, he should use it to pay Souness off and get a decent manager in!

Managing to overlook the fact that the CL qualification criteria is somewhat different these days to what it was prior to Shepherd being Chairman...

well OK then....when did we previous to Hall/Shepherd 1992 finish in the top 3, 4 or 5 in the top division, if you want to be pedantic ....

I've answered the question about Dalglish before. I had no opinion of him when he was appointed, I prefer to see how they get on in the job before passing judgement. But for the record, I recall wanting them to appoint Robson as I trusted SJH's judgement. Was widely known that Hall wanted Robson but Shepherd and deadly Doug got their own way!

Do you think Shepherd can see how they get on first before you pass judgement on his judgement as well then ?????

not the point, we all know it happens, but why's he feel the need to boast about it?

no need, but what has it got to do with results on the pitch, which is what you are complaining about

For starters, he didn't sack Gullit, he asked him to resign. Secondly, it wasn't the "worst possible point" back in 1999 as the current transfer window policy didn't exist!

hhmm...still point down the plug and a bad start to the season though...fact is also if Souness was sacked in September and replaced by Arsene Wenger you wouldn't give a rats arse about the timing ..

Made a ridiculous bid for Rooney which wasted time and effort that should have been spent finding a suitable replacement for Woodgate

You pointed out that it was ambition I seem to recall? I'd much preferred him to have got his head out of the clouds and concentrate on buying what we needed (a Woodgate replacement). Instead we went 6 months without one and even now we haven't replaced him IMO.

85279[/snapback]

We bought Boumsong....the manager YOU backed picked him to replace Woodgate, and quite a number of people on here and Newcastle Online also backed Boumsong.

And no, I still say if we had bought Rooney the vast majority would have been happy with that, we finished 5th without seeing too much of Woodgate and looking to build on that, you won't catch manu etc unless you have players that they want.

Consider you have just stated we STILL haven't replaced Woodgate and the response to signing Owen if you disagree with the above.....unless you are going to go off on a hindsight trip again.

Edited by LeazesMag

well OK then....when did we previous to Hall/Shepherd 1992 finish in the top 3, 4 or 5 in the top division, if you want to be pedantic ....

Shepherd:

Also - SJH was the biggest shareholder' date=' so I don't believe he wasn't happy himself with Dalglish or he would have vetoed it[/quote']

Do you think Shepherd can see how they get on first before you pass judgement on his judgement as well then ?????

so what ? you know this' date=' everyone else does it, you know this too, if you don't like it don't buy anything.

I simply don't understand why people keep thinking things like this, effect what happens on the pitch, which is what matters.[/quote']

no need, but what has it got to do with results on the pitch, which is what you are complaining about

were you happy he sacked Gullit' date=' or not ? As it was "the worst possible point" [seeing as you didn't answer earlier[/quote']

hhmm...still point down the plug and a bad start to the season though...fact is also if Souness was sacked in September and replaced by Arsene Wenger you wouldn't give a rats arse about the timing ..

I answered this earlier' date=' I'm still waiting for a reply to that too[/quote']

85279[/snapback]

We bought Boumsong....the manager YOU backed picked him to replace Woodgate, and quite a number of people on here and Newcastle Online also backed Boumsong.

And no, I still say if we had bought Rooney the vast majority would have been happy with that, we finished 5th without seeing too much of Woodgate and looking to build on that, you won't catch manu etc unless you have players that they want.

Consider you have just stated we STILL haven't replaced Woodgate and the response to signing Owen if you disagree with the above.....unless you are going to go off on a hindsight trip again.

85333[/snapback]

.........I havent even attempted to read it, but that one looks like a real fooookin headache waiting to happen. :lol::unsure:

Leazes has screwed up the quotes then? (Think you'll find there is a limit to the amount of referential quotes you can have! :lol:

85335[/snapback]

In turn it screwed up my being able to properly quote him by the looks of things. But that would account for it I spose.....