Craig Levein

Shearergol

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Aye a good post from Renton.  I will always remember this moment.

84880[/snapback]

Gemmill is seething

84885[/snapback]

wobbling tbh

84893[/snapback]

Oi, that's my joke. Do they call you Mags? :lol:

84903[/snapback]

I've got better knockers tbh :unsure:

84880[/snapback]

Gemmill is seething

84885[/snapback]

wobbling tbh

84893[/snapback]

84903[/snapback]

84907[/snapback]

If that's the case, check your PMs ;)

84880[/snapback]

Gemmill is seething

84885[/snapback]

wobbling tbh

84893[/snapback]

84903[/snapback]

84907[/snapback]

If that's the case, check your PMs ;)

84918[/snapback]

They do get a bit larger during PMs. More tender too mind.

Personally I would credit John Hall for turning us into a big club from a sleeping giant; it has almost nothing to do with Shepherd. Shepherd has reinvested a lot of the club's money (not his own or ours), but overall to very little effect. If you judge him on results, which surely you should, he has been a complete failure. And this is before you take into account his horrendous PR gaffs and the fact he awards himself a salary and dividend far in excess what is considered justifiable by most experts.

Leazesmag, time and time again you use the argument that we have had worse chairmen in the past as an argument to support Shepherd. Football was in a different era then, it's a bygone age, and as such it is entirely irrelevant. Why don't you compare Shepherd's performance to the other big clubs like ManU, Arsenal or Liverpool? This is where we should be because of our support, and whatever you say, that support does not exist because of Shepherd.

84862[/snapback]

It makes a change for someone to recognise the fact that we at least are trying to compete. I agree about his PR gaffes, but don't agree the old era is "a bygone age". It may be for us [or has been] because we moved forward, it isn't a bygone age for clubs like the mackems who didn't move on, however we could easily slip back into the way we used to be...just think how many of us would have entertained the thought 2 years ago we would be in a relegation fight ...

I agree that Shepherd inherited a well run club, but he's kept it that way !

I still can't accept that players not performing on the field are anyone elses fault other than the team manager, and the most the chairman can do is appoint someone with a winning record and back him 100%, and tbh can't see how anyone can say that players not performing is anyone elses fault other than the managers', when he has been allowed to do what he wants.

Now, we are all mostly agreed that Souness should go now, even Gemmill can now see he was wrong, so do you think Shepherd isn't making the move because he hasn't got the man he wants, is leaving the manager in because the players do support him, or because he can't get the money to pay him off ?

In the event of these scenarios, rather than slag him off later if things go badly, what would YOU do to counteract these problems ? [thats for anyone BTW because I know you think like me Souness should have gone, in fact if it had been up to me I'd have brought Robert back and flogged Luque to get the money to pay Souness off]

Edited by LeazesMag

84880[/snapback]

Gemmill is seething

84885[/snapback]

wobbling tbh

84893[/snapback]

Oi, that's my joke. Do they call you Mags? :unsure:

84903[/snapback]

I've got better knockers tbh ;)

84907[/snapback]

If that's the case, check your PMs :razz:

84918[/snapback]

They do get a bit larger during PMs. More tender too mind.

84924[/snapback]

That's bad, even for you :lol:

84880[/snapback]

Gemmill is seething

84885[/snapback]

wobbling tbh

84893[/snapback]

84903[/snapback]

84907[/snapback]

didn't realise you were a lady tbh.

Is that your photograph ;)

84880[/snapback]

Gemmill is seething

84885[/snapback]

wobbling tbh

84893[/snapback]

84903[/snapback]

84907[/snapback]

84950[/snapback]

Pre-op tranny tbh. :razz:

84880[/snapback]

Gemmill is seething

84885[/snapback]

wobbling tbh

84893[/snapback]

84903[/snapback]

84907[/snapback]

84950[/snapback]

Pre-op tranny tbh. :razz:

84951[/snapback]

you should be on big brother then

He hasn't. He's spent big on transfers, and he's kept the books balanced - relatively easy on our revenues.

The day to day running of the club is a shambles - outside of ambition and financial clout, most clubs in the Premiership (and some in the Championship) are run better than NUFC.

In the event of these scenarios, rather than slag him off later if things go badly, what would YOU do to counteract these problems ? [thats for anyone BTW because  I know you think like me Souness should have gone, in fact if it had been up to me I'd have brought Robert back and flogged Luque to get the money to pay Souness off]

84947[/snapback]

If I was Shepherd I would forego my dividend this year in recognition of the mistake that was made in sacking Robson at the start of a season, and appointing Souness. I would use this cash to pay off Souness, but not before I had explored all possible avenues for securing a replacement.

Personally I would credit John Hall for turning us into a big club from a sleeping giant; it has almost nothing to do with Shepherd. Shepherd has reinvested a lot of the club's money (not his own or ours), but overall to very little effect. If you judge him on results, which surely you should, he has been a complete failure. And this is before you take into account his horrendous PR gaffs and the fact he awards himself a salary and dividend far in excess what is considered justifiable by most experts.

Leazesmag, time and time again you use the argument that we have had worse chairmen in the past as an argument to support Shepherd. Football was in a different era then, it's a bygone age, and as such it is entirely irrelevant. Why don't you compare Shepherd's performance to the other big clubs like ManU, Arsenal or Liverpool? This is where we should be because of our support, and whatever you say, that support does not exist because of Shepherd.

84862[/snapback]

It makes a change for someone to recognise the fact that we at least are trying to compete. I agree about his PR gaffes, but don't agree the old era is "a bygone age". It may be for us [or has been] because we moved forward, it isn't a bygone age for clubs like the mackems who didn't move on, however we could easily slip back into the way we used to be...just think how many of us would have entertained the thought 2 years ago we would be in a relegation fight ...

I still can't accept that players not performing on the field are anyone elses fault other than the team manager, and the most the chairman can do is appoint someone with a winning record and back him 100%, and tbh can't see how anyone can say that players not performing is anyone elses fault other than the managers', when he has been allowed to do what he wants.

Now, we are all mostly agreed that Souness should go now, even Gemmill can now see he was wrong, so do you think Shepherd isn't making the move because he hasn't got the man he wants, is leaving the manager in because the players do support him, or because he can't get the money to pay him off ?

In the event of these scenarios, rather than slag him off later if things go badly, what would YOU do to counteract these problems ? [thats for anyone BTW because I know you think like me Souness should have gone, in fact if it had been up to me I'd have brought Robert back and flogged Luque to get the money to pay Souness off]

84947[/snapback]

OK, starting from a clean slate now, I'd demote Souness and try and get him to resign by humiliating him as much as possible in the press (this is already happening). If there is no way of getting rid I would sack him - either I would try to come up with a mutually beneficial agreement or I'd just continue paying his wages, rather than give him a lump sum. Anyway, the point is I would get shot of him NOW, as he is obviously a negative influence on our performances.

After getting shot, I would get a caretaker in to see us through to the end of the season. I firmly believe that there are stacks of candidates who could see us through the short term without getting us relegated. In the meantime, I would spend my time ensuring we get a top class manager in after the world cup. O'Neill would be my choice, but everyone has their opinion. In this respect money would be no object, because the manager is easily the most important staff member of the club.

I have to say though, that Shepherd will find it hard to get a decent manager, because he has damaged his reputation very badly, especially during the Robson debacle. I'm not sure how many top managers will want to come here with him in charge. I'm afraid I don't have an answer for that one...

He hasn't. He's spent big on transfers, and he's kept the books balanced - relatively easy on our revenues.

rubbish, you cut your cloth etc ....

The day to day running of the club is a shambles - outside of ambition and financial clout, most clubs in the Premiership (and some in the Championship) are run better than NUFC.

strange no one thought we were badly run when we were in the CL. There was nothing wrong with Newcastle United then, and still isn't aside of the fact that we have a fuckwit manager, as you werte told.

In the event of these scenarios, rather than slag him off later if things go badly, what would YOU do to counteract these problems ? [thats for anyone BTW because  I know you think like me Souness should have gone, in fact if it had been up to me I'd have brought Robert back and flogged Luque to get the money to pay Souness off]

84947[/snapback]

If I was Shepherd I would forego my dividend this year in recognition of the mistake that was made in sacking Robson at the start of a season, and appointing Souness.  I would use this cash to pay off Souness, but not before I had explored all possible avenues for securing a replacement.

84953[/snapback]

Fair enough, but I don't think 400/500k will make much of a difference to the performance on the field.

Do you ? [because you are implying that it will]

84862[/snapback]

84947[/snapback]

OK, starting from a clean slate now, I'd demote Souness and try and get him to resign by humiliating him as much as possible in the press (this is already happening). If there is no way of getting rid I would sack him - either I would try to come up with a mutually beneficial agreement or I'd just continue paying his wages, rather than give him a lump sum. Anyway, the point is I would get shot of him NOW, as he is obviously a negative influence on our performances.

After getting shot, I would get a caretaker in to see us through to the end of the season. I firmly believe that there are stacks of candidates who could see us through the short term without getting us relegated. In the meantime, I would spend my time ensuring we get a top class manager in after the world cup. O'Neill would be my choice, but everyone has their opinion. In this respect money would be no object, because the manager is easily the most important staff member of the club.

I have to say though, that Shepherd will find it hard to get a decent manager, because he has damaged his reputation very badly, especially during the Robson debacle. I'm not sure how many top managers will want to come here with him in charge. I'm afraid I don't have an answer for that one...

84954[/snapback]

totally agree, especially the bold bit, without the right manager for you, you are pissing in the wind - i don't think Shepherd/the board won't attract a top manager, everyone knows how fantastic the rewards would be to succeed, anyone with the bottle to strive for that will take this job and I think that is the only thing that will scare them off

Fair enough, but I don't think 400/500k will make much of a difference to the performance on the field.

84957[/snapback]

I'm really not sure what you mean by that? I'm talking about using the £4m that normally goes out in dividends to pay Souness's contract up.

Speaking of Souness (which people are intermitently!) i've just read an article where he tries to defend his decision to get rid of loads of players and as ever he comes up with a piss poor defence:

"Craig Bellamy, Patrick Kluivert, Laurent Robert, Jermaine Jenas, Aaron Hughes, Andy O'Brien and Darren Ambrose all left St James' Park during the summer or just after the start of the new campaign, while Nicky Butt, Hugo Viana and James Milner were sent out on loan." (from the article)

And now that he (more than any other manager in history) is whinging about injuries and a small squad how does he justify the above, by saying O'Brien and Hughes would have stopped Taylor and Ramage emerging and that's it!!!

Firstly that's bollocks because a decent manager would pick the best two players of the four whether younger or older and had the other 2 there as cover for, wait for it...inujuries!

And secondly i see he hasn't got a single fucking defence as to the booting out of the other players mentioned and the mess we now find ourselves in.

As for the Fat Fred debate, whetehr you're a fan of him or not, whether you think he was right over Gullit and Dalglsih initiall and so don't blame him, he was the only person in the city who would have hired Souness, he was the only person who would have paid Blackburn for him, paid Souness millions, left him with no clauses for failure in his contract ad who wouldn't have sacked him by now, so any defence of Fat Fred is ignoring some of the biggest fuck ups in the history of this club which could be catastrophic.

Yes there are worse chairman, yes we've had worse ourselves and he has backed managers and seen them waste it, but by any standards of the job he should be doing he's fucked up big time.

84957[/snapback]

I'm really not sure what you mean by that? I'm talking about using the £4m that normally goes out in dividends to pay Souness's contract up.

84962[/snapback]

you said Shepherds dividend, how much is his dividend

Speaking of Souness (which people are intermitently!) i've just read an article where he tries to defend his decision to get rid of loads of players and as ever he comes up with a piss poor defence:

"Craig Bellamy, Patrick Kluivert, Laurent Robert, Jermaine Jenas, Aaron Hughes, Andy O'Brien and Darren Ambrose all left St James' Park during the summer or just after the start of the new campaign, while Nicky Butt, Hugo Viana and James Milner were sent out on loan." (from the article)

And now that he (more than any other manager in history) is whinging about injuries and a small squad how does he justify the above, by saying O'Brien and Hughes would have stopped Taylor and Ramage emerging and that's it!!!

Firstly that's bollocks because a decent manager would pick the best two players of the four whether younger or older and had the other 2 there as cover for, wait for it...inujuries!

And secondly i see he hasn't got a single fucking defence as to the booting out of the other players mentioned and the mess we now find ourselves in.

he just won't accept he's done wrong mate

As for the Fat Fred debate, whetehr you're a fan of him or not, whether you think he was right over Gullit and Dalglsih initiall and so don't blame him, he was the only person in the city who would have hired Souness, he was the only person who would have paid Blackburn for him, paid Souness millions, left him with no clauses for failure in his contract ad who wouldn't have sacked him by now , so any defence of Fat Fred is ignoring some of the biggest fuck ups in the history of this club which could be catastrophic.

Yes there are worse chairman, yes we've had worse ourselves and he has backed managers and seen them waste it, but by any standards of the job he should be doing he's fucked up big time.

84980[/snapback]

What about Gemmill ?

As stated mate, a contract is a contract, football managers don't have get out clauses [although I agree they should]

There is nothing wrong with Newcastle United that a good manager who knows what he is doing will correct fairly swiftly and get us back where Bobby Robson had us

84957[/snapback]

84962[/snapback]

you said Shepherds dividend, how much is his dividend

84988[/snapback]

Well they would have to declare no dividend which, going on the last two years, would be around £4-5m. That would mean the Halls got nowt too, but they would need to take their share of the blame as well.

What about Gemmill ?

To be honest I think Gemmill would make a very similar Chairman to Shepherd. Clued up financially, but clueless about football! :unsure:

84999[/snapback]

I would make a fucking superb chairman. Charming, debonair, good with figures, professional. And looking sooooooo good in front of the camera. :lol: