man city v NEWCASTLE UNITED, etihad sat 20th Jan 2018 KO5.30pm Live on BT

Tdansmith

At first glance, Diamé in an advanced position looks like suicide but I guess he's going to stay compact, hoof it for knockdowns or a Shelvey Hollywood ball for the counter?

Surprised he's starting Shelvey for this game unless he expects his other midfielders to pick up his lack of work rate. We haven't had a player sent off for a good while so think today's the day. Hope we give BT viewers a fucking stinking game to watch and sneak a point or three. (Aye, ah knaa. :lol: )

iirc Shelvey and Diame started in central midfield last time, I think probably the case again today, similar to last time but with Hayden in there too to shut down de bruyne a little more?

If we ever counter get Atsu and Murphy running and that's about the plan I reckon.

1 minute ago, Andrew said:

iirc Shelvey and Diame started in central midfield last time, I think probably the case again today, similar to last time but with Hayden in there too to shut down de bruyne a little more?

If we ever counter get Atsu and Murphy running and that's about the plan I reckon.

I'd be quite happy to see a 4-5-1 with Hayden behind Shelvey and Diamé as opposed to Diamé off Joselu so I hope you're right.