man city v NEWCASTLE UNITED, etihad sat 20th Jan 2018 KO5.30pm Live on BT

Tdansmith

Not the worst performance or result, didn’t take a big dent to our GD. Boys worked their bollocks off. Chances at the end despite the massive gulf in class.

cue Noelle moaning about rafa’s Selection and trooper shitting himself about Rafa leaving.

on the bright side, none of the teams around us picked up results other than stoke.

Just now, Kid Dynamite said:

I honestly don’t get why Manquillo starts ahead of Yedlin some games? He’s almost always responsible for us conceding a goal a game 

I was also wondering what the fuck that was about.  Played one of theirs onside at least two or three times in dangerous positions.

I thought it went exactly as expected.

Keep it tight, have something to cheer about with 20 minutes to go, get done by the ref, lose comfortably.

Good day's work.

7 minutes ago, Kid Dynamite said:

I honestly don’t get why Manquillo starts ahead of Yedlin some games? He’s almost always responsible for us conceding a goal a game 

I agree, especially with the pace in their team. Yedlin's by far the better option.

And the broadcasters/pundits can get to fuck saying shite like Newcastle made a negligible attempt to win the game.

It was fucking 33/1 for a win before the game.  That's not down to Rafa or Newcastle, that's down to a fucked league that is partially their fucking fault.

The gulf between best and (not even) worst in the league should not be that big, regardless of any other factors.

Just now, Anorthernsoul said:

I agree, especially with the pace in their team. Yedlin's by far the better option.

I think he likes Yedlin because when we're stretched he's rapid and often gets us out of trouble. His thinking today might have been that we're playing so deep that he didn't need to utilise that?

7 minutes ago, TheGingerQuiff said:

I think he likes Yedlin because when we're stretched he's rapid and often gets us out of trouble. His thinking today might have been that we're playing so deep that he didn't need to utilise that?

But we needed his pace for their runs into the channels, they try the same thing every attack. I'd say more than half their goals this season will be from the same strategy, runners into the channel then just pass it into the net. Manquillo got caught 4 times at least today. I just can't see what Rafa was thinking.