man city v NEWCASTLE UNITED, etihad sat 20th Jan 2018 KO5.30pm Live on BT

Tdansmith

2 minutes ago, Kid Dynamite said:

Rafa does himself no favours with Ashley sometimes. £9mil on Lejeune, £9mil on Merino and they don’t even get into the squad. Not saying they were bad signings, but at least pretend they are part of your plans 

Lej injured and Merino was on the bench

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, Anorthernsoul said:

Chelsea away next week.

Itll be interesting to see what team he puts out. Mitro and Aarons could get a look, maybe Saivet. I’d play Ritchie too, save Murphy for the league 

7 minutes ago, Kid Dynamite said:

Rafa does himself no favours with Ashley sometimes. £9mil on Lejeune, £9mil on Merino and they don’t even get into the squad. Not saying they were bad signings, but at least pretend they are part of your plans 

£9m on Merino? 

40 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

Itll be interesting to see what team he puts out. Mitro and Aarons could get a look, maybe Saivet. I’d play Ritchie too, save Murphy for the league 

Both of them can't even get on the bench mate, what makes you think they'll be starting at Stamford Bridge?

2 hours ago, Anorthernsoul said:

Both of them can't even get on the bench mate, what makes you think they'll be starting at Stamford Bridge?

Because it’s a Cup game away from home against a top team that we’re not expected to win and premier league survival is absolutely key to this takeover going through.

if it had been weaker opponents at home we might have seen a strong lineup like the last time but I’d be very surprised if he doesn’t ring the changes for this one.

that said, if mitro is on the verge of leaving, I doubt he’ll play him in case an injury scuppers the deal.

@Anorthernsoul plus we’re playing Burnley  in the league three days later then Palace three days after that. Big week of football, but those two premier league fixtures are probably the priority. 6 points in those two and the job is half done.

4 minutes ago, ewerk said:

A little reminder from MoTD that our second most expensive transfer was 22 years ago. Is there any other top flight club in the major leagues can say that?

Nice little upsum of our transfer dealings from Shearer too, and a reminder that 9 of our starting 11 played in the championship last season 

Edited by Dr Gloom

43 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

Because it’s a Cup game away from home against a top team that we’re not expected to win and premier league survival is absolutely key to this takeover going through.

if it had been weaker opponents at home we might have seen a strong lineup like the last time but I’d be very surprised if he doesn’t ring the changes for this one.

that said, if mitro is on the verge of leaving, I doubt he’ll play him in case an injury scuppers the deal.

I thought it was a league game, but I still very much doubt either will start that game. Personally I would play them, Mitro perfect foil for Aarons from the wing but Rafa either can't see it or won't see it.

14 hours ago, TheGingerQuiff said:

I thought it was a pen, though it's exactly the kind that we never get given. Unbelievable that we haven't had one yet, or an opposition red card 

My thoughts to a tee. 

3 hours ago, Kid Dynamite said:

I thought we loaned him. Didn’t realise we triggered the the purchase clause.

Still don’t agree with your point. Rafa picks the players who are fit or in form, as any good manager does.

3 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

I thought we loaned him. Didn’t realise we triggered the the purchase clause.

Still don’t agree with your point. Rafa picks the players who are fit or in form, as any good manager does.

+ rotates for fresher legs in the home stretch. Teams like Brighton will be paggered come March