NEWCASTLE UNITED v Burnley , St James' Park KO 7.45pm (Wed 31st Jan 2018)

Tdansmith

I guess, all in all, it's been a positive day. Kenedy looking like the bright attacking spark we've needed. Slimani now in and we finally have a decent striker. Should have won today, but those two players could be the difference in games exactly like today.

We've got 1 point off Burnley when, quite frankly, we were definitely the better team across 180 minutes.

19 minutes ago, trooper said:

For anyone like me that missed the goals, what was Darlow thinkihg ?

Not sure what you want him to do there? He's made a good reaction save and been very unlucky that it's bounced directly behind him which mean't it was both impossible to get out of the way and very difficult to claw back out. He was just unlucky IMO.

To be fair to Darlow he was trying to push it over the bar.  It was more or less point blank.  He's got really unlucky there that its came back and hit him on the head and gone in.  If that had been an inch or two higher everyone would be praising a great save.

1 hour ago, Isegrim said:

I am really struggling to understand what Rafa sees in Joselu. He offers absolutely nothing to our game at all.

Apparently he offers work rate, but all I saw yesterday, again, was a light weight target man, unable to retain possession, running through quicksand and incapable of hitting the target. Get him dropped 

27 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

Apparently he offers work rate, but all I saw yesterday, again, was a light weight target man, unable to retain possession, running through quicksand and incapable of hitting the target. Get him dropped 

for who?

1 hour ago, wykikitoon said:

To be fair to Darlow he was trying to push it over the bar.  It was more or less point blank.  He's got really unlucky there that its came back and hit him on the head and gone in.  If that had been an inch or two higher everyone would be praising a great save.

Aye.

8 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

gayle

then silami, when he's fit

Slimani for sure, when he's fit.

Gayles been no better this season, missed two (at least) proper sitters against swansea.

i can't - did you see the match last night? we dropped two points again because of that useless donkey. created more than enough chances to win the game, most of which he fluffed. i'd drop it if he were contributing anything else, but his hold up play and work off the ball was invisible too

Edited by Dr Gloom

5 hours ago, trooper said:

Aye on reflection  your right lads my apologies to yourselves & Darlow 

If anyone's to blame it's the two defenders who failed to win headers from the corner. Balls into our box late in the game have caused us bother all season, concentration levels seem to drop late on.

I thought Atsu and Yedlin were fucking terrible last night.  Diame was good though and his recent performances have been quite pleasing.  Unsurprisingly they've happened when he's played in midfield instead of as a number 10. 

Hopefully Slimani is fit enough to play some part on Sunday and we play Kenedy and Murphy on the wings.  That might give us some hope of getting something out of the game.