Tdansmith

NEWCASTLE UNITED v Burnley , St James' Park KO 7.45pm (Wed 31st Jan 2018)

1 minute ago, Dr Gloom said:

play better away though, don't we? massive game against palace but fancy us to win there more than i did today

Means fuck all when you can't put your chances away like this shower. If Joselu starts another game this season they deserve to go down.

Great effort 

Kenedy was a breath of fresh air - lots to offer in attack as was Murphy when he came on. Could potentially start ahead of Astu Sunday. 

Joselu - honest to god, what a massive pile of dog shite he is...! I don’t know who he was praying too when he missed as I guarantee they would have been trying to reach down to wipe their arse with him...! 

Perez played as usual like an overgrown toddler getting knocked off the ball and Yedlin just looking average as per-usual. 

Sloppy goal to give away, but a nice piece of play for the header. The keeper stood no chance.

overall - great effort, but the sooner we get Slimani on, possibly alongside Gayle or even Murphy playing off him, the better. 

3 minutes ago, TheGingerQuiff said:

Say it so I can go to bed 

It was a shame tonight because for most of the game (whike Kenedy was on) we played well. But yet again we dropped another 2 home points we all know why Fanks you fat cockney bastard get out of our club.

• Thanks 1

I guess, all in all, it's been a positive day. Kenedy looking like the bright attacking spark we've needed. Slimani now in and we finally have a decent striker. Should have won today, but those two players could be the difference in games exactly like today.

We've got 1 point off Burnley when, quite frankly, we were definitely the better team across 180 minutes.

19 minutes ago, trooper said:

For anyone like me that missed the goals, what was Darlow thinkihg ?

Not sure what you want him to do there? He's made a good reaction save and been very unlucky that it's bounced directly behind him which mean't it was both impossible to get out of the way and very difficult to claw back out. He was just unlucky IMO.

To be fair to Darlow he was trying to push it over the bar.  It was more or less point blank.  He's got really unlucky there that its came back and hit him on the head and gone in.  If that had been an inch or two higher everyone would be praising a great save.

1 hour ago, Isegrim said:

I am really struggling to understand what Rafa sees in Joselu. He offers absolutely nothing to our game at all.

Apparently he offers work rate, but all I saw yesterday, again, was a light weight target man, unable to retain possession, running through quicksand and incapable of hitting the target. Get him dropped 

27 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

Apparently he offers work rate, but all I saw yesterday, again, was a light weight target man, unable to retain possession, running through quicksand and incapable of hitting the target. Get him dropped 

for who?

1 hour ago, wykikitoon said:

To be fair to Darlow he was trying to push it over the bar.  It was more or less point blank.  He's got really unlucky there that its came back and hit him on the head and gone in.  If that had been an inch or two higher everyone would be praising a great save.

Aye.

8 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

gayle

then silami, when he's fit

Slimani for sure, when he's fit.

Gayles been no better this season, missed two (at least) proper sitters against swansea.

Gayle gives you a threat in behind at least, and an out ball. I really am struggling to see what the point of Joselu is

25 minutes ago, Alex said:

I've found Gayle and Mitrovic always do better when they don't play.

We should sign Carlos Kaiser, he'd be a fan legend.