NEWCASTLE UNITED v Burnley , St James' Park KO 7.45pm (Wed 31st Jan 2018)

Tdansmith

1 minute ago, Andrew said:

Merino, he has some measure of composure

You wouldn't have said that before the game though, you'd have given Joselu the chance. 

Hopefully Slimani will complete the medical without a hitch and score the future penalties we're not awarded.

1 minute ago, The Fish said:

You wouldn't have said that before the game though, you'd have given Joselu the chance. 

Hopefully Slimani will complete the medical without a hitch and score the future penalties we're not awarded.

I would

Just now, wykikitoon said:

It sounds like we're still on top though 

we're playing like the home team for once. pressing hard, retaining the ball. we look hungry for 3 points

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, wykikitoon said:

Kenedy sounds instrumental to a lot of it too

Hes been decent, won the penalty with a good turn and took that shot on that hit the post.

12 minutes ago, The Fish said:

Where the fuck are you getting that from?  As soon as it was given I was praying it'd be Merino (or feckin' Darlow) taking it.

Very poor decision from Rafa.

Just now, adios said:

Where the fuck are you getting that from?  As soon as it was given I was praying it'd be Merino (or feckin' Darlow) taking it.

Very poor decision from Rafa.

Think most people would give their striker a shot of scoring from the spot unless he'd consistently failed from previous penalties.

You mean apart from every other Newcastle fan just then?

He's bereft of confidence, he's shown he can't handle the pressure.  It was fucking stupid.

2 minutes ago, The Fish said:

Think most people would give their striker a shot of scoring from the spot unless he'd consistently failed from previous penalties.

bit generous, calling joselu a striker

it was just as terrible a penalty as i imagined it would be. powder puff. i can sort of understand why rafa gave it to him, hoping it might boot his confidence, which must be rock bottom after his horror show of a season. i wouldn't have given it to him

I was thinking the same as most of you.  Yes! a penanlty!  Oh, who's going to take it? 

Fucking Joselu, man. Okay, Mitrovic missed plenty of chances two seasons ago during the regulation stretch that helped sink us, but overall he's just a better footballer than Jose.  I think he could have helped us a little more this season than him.

Just now, TheGingerQuiff said:

Whenever that happens and we fail to capitalise we lose 1-0 In an abject 2nd half

i think you have probably read the script. a side as shot shy as ours needs to score when they're on top