Rafa's resurgent willy wavers vs moaning Mourinho's mancs

Dr Gloom

That’s the player Shelvey can be. Pogba looked half fit but he made Matic look like a pub player too. Justice for that diving cunt Smalling, we scored direct from the free kick he gave away for fuckin cheating.  Best Newcastle debut since Mickey Quinn too for the goalie. It all clicked, the best performance since Rafa came to the club :ok:

1 minute ago, Howay said:

They fought like animals - I hope they take that as a compliment. The gods of football were on their side. It wasn't going to happen for us today. Newcastle gave what they have and what they don't have, that's a beautiful thing in football.

"They fought for their point, a point is what they had in mind. We made a defensive mistake and when they are in front they had only one thing in mind and gave their lives to keep a clean sheet."

Don't think we had a point in mind tbh, but as far as Mourinho post match comments go, I'll take it.

For once, we got a slice of luck, a big fucking piece of it. Throwing bodies in front of the ball and instead of going in off, they were bouncing straight back at them. Lets hope we can get a few more 3 pointers 

Just now, OTF said:

Don't think we had a point in mind tbh, but as far as Mourinho post match comments go, I'll take it.

Aye we played as attacking as we could really and went for it, hence getting a pen shout, a dodgy offside ruling, and a goal. As you say though that’s about as humble as Jose could be so I’ll take it. 

1 minute ago, adios said:

That bollocks tbf, on balance.

I've watched every match this season, there's been loads of times where luck has deserted us. Regardless of how committed we were, Martial still had 2 opportunities to score and didn't. The fact luck was with us takes nothing away from the fact that they fought hard to get the result.

Just now, robchester said:

I've watched every match this season, there's been loads of times where luck has deserted us. Regardless of how committed we were, Martial still had 2 opportunities to score and didn't. The fact luck was with us takes nothing away from the fact that they fought hard to get the result.

Not really sure what most of that has to do with anything but on balance, today, it was even.

See @Howay's post above for some of the things that went against Newcastle, then compare those to the things that went for Newcastle.

For me, and I'm sure many others, a win was hoped for but not expected today.

Won't pick out any mistakes by anyone, a brilliant shift put in by everyone except the referee who should have given a penalty.

Loved the way Shelvey put some tackles in, he was up for this match.

Full marks to Rafa for starting our new Keeper, what a debut!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Graing said:

And don’t forget Valencia kicking Gayle in the head and staying on the pitch..

If that's Shelvey it's 100% a red, 3 match ban and ejection into space.