Rafa's resurgent willy wavers vs moaning Mourinho's mancs

Dr Gloom

Course we're going to survive man. We're not actually playing too badly in general, just failing to be clinical enough in front of goal. Had Slimani been playing in our previous couple of draws we would probably have an extra 4 points by now.

We're well organised with a good level of commitment - if Slimani is even just a slight improvement on Joselu we should be fine.

Brilliant performance yesterday. Shelvey’s most complete performance since he’s been here. Diame alongside him continued his good form, Lejeune and Lacelles were excellent and Dummett is actually starting to win me over (defensively at least). 

Delighted for Dub’s start. It can be difficult for keepers to move to a new team but to have a debut like that is an absolute dream. 

I’m hanging today but well worth it. 

though this squad is short on quality, it has the organisation and sprit lacking in the two teams that were previously relegated under ashley. we're still not out of the shit, but i'm more confident this time, particularly if salami lives up to the hype

Edited by Dr Gloom

13 minutes ago, Rayvin said:

Course we're going to survive man. We're not actually playing too badly in general, just failing to be clinical enough in front of goal. Had Slimani been playing in our previous couple of draws we would probably have an extra 4 points by now.

We're well organised with a good level of commitment - if Slimani is even just a slight improvement on Joselu we should be fine.

:willywaving:

17 minutes ago, TheGingerQuiff said:

Hopefully Rafas rotation will mean we've got more in the tank for our run in. His Liverpool teams were renowned for finishing strongly 

We need a strong fijish as i said its a shame we have to wait the fortnight to keep the momeentum going 

I think WBA will drop, as will Stoke. I think Lambert will fail to get the uptick req’d to get them out the bother and they’ve got a tough run in, with only 3 games against bottom half clubs, and only one of those at home (on the final day).

Crystal Palace could well be dragged back in, their next 6 games are Spurs(h), Man Utd (h), Chelsea (a) Huddersfield (h), Liverpool (h), Bournemouth (a). and while they have a good manager and some game winners, they’ve a shocking injury crisis.

Southampton have an awful run in. Only 3 home games, and one of those is against Chelsea.

We’re not alone in targeting the 40pt mark, but what’s key for me is Goal Difference. Huddersfield and Stoke are so far adrift GD-wise, you may as well knock off another pt. Stoke basically need 4pts from every 3 games to get to 40pts. They’ve got the worst defences in the league, and while West Brom are keeping it comparatively tight at the back, only Swansea have scored fewer goals.

See below ;

UUqxc6h.png