Rafa's Window Licking Fart Suckers v Bin Dipping Job Dodging Hommes

wykikitoon

Saturday sees Newcastle return to Anfield for the first time since April 2016, when they face Liverpool in a 5.30pm kick-off live on BT Sport.

Weather watch: severe winter weather conditions are forecast to continue all week - we'll keep an eye on whether or not this game is in any danger, and how transport links are affected as a consequence.

Travel 1 : Due to planned engineering work, there's no Metro service between Monkseaton and St. James all weekend. Replacement bus number 900 will operate. 

Travel 2: Merseyrail and Northern Rail services are facing disruption due to strike action by the RMT.

NB: Trans-Pennine services aren't directly affected by that strike, but engineering works around Manchester mean that some trains will begin and end at Leeds and an altered timetable will be in operation.

NUFC: Islam Slimani is still struggling with a thigh issue, while Jonjo Shelvey seems unlikely to face his former club after incurring a knee injury when colliding with Martin Dubravka at Bournemouth on Saturday.

Dwight Gayle came off during the same game with soreness in a hamstring but has been training.

LFC: Former Magpie Gini Wijnaldum is expected to be available after recovering from illness.

Jurgen Klopp's side have made Anfield something of a fortress, with their PL home record this season second only to leaders Manchester City.

Fourteen games have brought eight wins and six draws, with the Reds not losing on their own ground in the PL since Crystal Palace won 2-1 there in April 2017.

Referee: Graham Scott. Second Toon posting of the season for the Oxfordshire official, who oversaw a 1-1 home draw against Swansea City. Scott also took charge of our Championship victories at Leeds and Cardiff last season.

UK TV: Live on BT Sport

(From.com http://www.nufc.com/)

Edited by wykikitoon

I’ve got tickets...we’d planned to go today and do see a bit of the city this afternoon/tomorrow, then a couple of days with family in Manchester.....however, I can’t get the car out of our road and there’s more snow forecast for today :unsure: 

Anfield's a graveyard for us with the occasional draw in better times. If we won this game it we be almost akin to beating Dalglish's brilliant side in 1988. They definitely need to have an off day especially their lads up front if we're to have chance of anything.

Reckon we might take the Man City approach to this one and look to defend first and foremost, they're rapid up front and like to press but if we're able to break out from that then we can perhaps nick something on the counter.

We'll batter these, they're shite. 3-1

Can't see us getting anything from this either no matter how I look at it.

Narrow loss with some chances to level throughout would be a good result.

4 hours ago, Howmanheyman said:

Anfield's a graveyard for us with the occasional draw in better times. If we won this game it we be almost akin to beating Dalglish's brilliant side in 1988. They definitely need to have an off day especially their lads up front if we're to have chance of anything.

That was my first ever away game.  It's been pretty much downhill since then, certainly when I've went to Anfield.  No doubt in my mind we'll lose tomorrow.

Benitez press conference

They key points from Rafa Benitez’s press conference

Jonjo Shelvey is ruled out with injury

Islam Slimani continues to work towards fitness

Dwight Gayle and Matt Ritchie available to play

Magpies will fly to Liverpool later today

Newcastle will train outside first 

Benitez wants to his side ‘manage’ games better

5 hours ago, PaddockLad said:

I’ve got tickets...we’d planned to go today and do see a bit of the city this afternoon/tomorrow, then a couple of days with family in Manchester.....however, I can’t get the car out of our road and there’s more snow forecast for today :unsure: 

Are you still going ? 

Good luck traveling if you are.

44 minutes ago, Tdansmith said:

Are you still going ? 

Good luck traveling if you are.

Has anyone tried to defrost a vehicle today?...6 inches of snow here yesterday afternoon were followed by a night of some sort of freezing rain followed by a sharp frost, this resulted in my van not having just a layer of frost on the windscreen which can be scraped off in a minute or so but the whole thing being enasced like some sort of frozen tomb in sheets of ice half an inch thick :huh: So I've spent an hour getting rid of all that shit and for the moment the snow is holding off. If it stays that way and If I can get to the dual carriage way a mile down the road in the morning we'll be fine :) 

8 minutes ago, PaddockLad said:

Has anyone tried to defrost a vehicle today?...6 inches of snow here yesterday afternoon were followed by a night of some sort of freezing rain followed by a sharp frost, this resulted in my van not having just a layer of frost on the windscreen which can be scraped off in a minute or so but the whole thing being enasced like some sort of frozen tomb in sheets of ice half an inch thick :huh: So I've spent an hour getting rid of all that shit and for the moment the snow is holding off. If it stays that way and If I can get to the dual carriage way a mile down the road in the morning we'll be fine :) 

Once you get a bit lower down you'll definitely be fine, the yorkshire to lancashire roads are as clear as if it hadn't snowed.

58 minutes ago, Tdansmith said:

It's another game where I'll be happy if we sneak a 3 -0 defeat.

I can't help but think that Liverpool will declare after building an unsurmountable lead, (mind you, 1  has often proved to be an unsurmountable task for us)