Rafa's Window Licking Fart Suckers v Bin Dipping Job Dodging Hommes

wykikitoon

7 minutes ago, Andrew said:

How has everyones anger not just turned to apathy yet?

All I could muster in the way of anger today was half-heartedly calling Klopp a cunt.

Officials have really done us a fucking favour there btw.  That's defo a red.

8 minutes ago, Andrew said:

How has everyones anger not just turned to apathy yet?

I wouldn't say I'm apathetic but I find it hard to get wound up when we get beat off a team with arguably the best forward line at the league at a ground we've won once at in the last 30 years.

We didn't invest properly in summer or in January when we needed to desperately. As a 'business' we don't deserve to be in the top flight but the work of the manager has us punching above our weight. We simply don't have the quality to compete because we wont invest in it. 

Every now and then we can pull off a result but I'm not sure it's going to be enough. We're lucky there's a lot of shit in this league or this would have been decided a while back. 

Actually the more I think about it the more our shitness is easily rationalised & I inject dat sweet apathy into my veins. 

• Like 3

I thought it times we did well to break them up, but was that because they were only in 3rd gear?

It's important we get wins against Huddersfield and WBA.  A win v Southmpton next would be good.

10 minutes ago, Tom said:

I wouldn't say I'm apathetic but I find it hard to get wound up when we get beat off a team with arguably the best forward line at the league at a ground we've won once at in the last 30 years.

We didn't invest properly in summer or in January when we needed to desperately. As a 'business' we don't deserve to be in the top flight but the work of the manager has us punching above our weight. We simply don't have the quality to compete because we wont invest in it. 

Every now and then we can pull off a result but I'm not sure it's going to be enough. We're lucky there's a lot of shit in this league or this would have been decided a while back. 

Actually the more I think about it the more our shitness is easily rationalised & I inject dat sweet apathy into my veins. 

I care until the end of the season for the chance of stopping up, a takeover and Rafa staying.  If that doesn't happen I honestly think I might be done (or a lot more casual than just watching every game from the comfort of my couch) till Ashley goes.  Never thought I'd say that.

No surprise here, expected to lose, just hoped it wouldn't be a cricket score.

Defense did well other than the 2 goals. Might of been a different game if Diame's shot hadn't been saved by their keeper.

Disappointed at the amount of times we gave the ball away in the first half, and failing to keep possession.

Was surprised at Rafa's starting line-up with Kenedy, Atsu, and Murphy all starting together. Merino was a given with Shelvey being unavailable.

Down the slippery slope another place due to Swansea's win. As I said, other results have just as much importance as ours at this crucial time.

Still six very attainable points from the next two home games vs Southampton and Huddersfield and it's pretty much job done.

Just now, ewerk said:

Hard to argue with Gerrard or Jeans there, it’s a Championship side with a PL manager.

Aye, and nice to see them pointing fingers in the right direction.  A lot more clued in than the fucking commentators.

12 minutes ago, adios said:

I care until the end of the season for the chance of stopping up, a takeover and Rafa staying.  If that doesn't happen I honestly think I might be done (or a lot more casual than just watching every game from the comfort of my couch) till Ashley goes.  Never thought I'd say that.

I'm desperate for us to stay up like - but we've dug our own graves with the business we've done.

So I won't be shocked if we go down and it's hard to get wound up about a slow motion car crash we've never shown any intent of dodging.

Back 4 and keeper are more than good enough for this league. As are Richie and Shelvey. After that we are hopeless. If we had signed a decent striker in the Summer we would be much higher up the table

Southampton game is huge next week. Definition of 6 pointer. Beat them and Huddersfield and we are as good as safe 

Agree about the business side.

Honestly, if you told me the takeover is 100% not happening, I'd nearly welcome relegation just because it's what Ashley deserves.

31 minutes ago, Kid Dynamite said:

Back 4 and keeper are more than good enough for this league.

A keeper no one had heard of from Eastern Europe, a RB who even the mackems thought was shit, a CB who could barely get a game in our last PL campaign, another signed from a no mark Spanish side and a LB that some were calling worse than shite not so long ago.

It isn’t a great defence but Rafa and Lascelles makes it much greater than the sum of its parts.

Edited by ewerk

11 minutes ago, ewerk said:

A keeper no one had heard of from Eastern Europe, a RB who even the Maclean thought was shit, a CB who could barely get a game in our last PL campaign, another signed from a no mark Spanish side and a LB that some were calling worse than shite not so long ago.

It isn’t a great defence but Rafa and Lascelles makes it much greater than the sum of its parts.

Yup, totally agree with this.

It's just a damn shame that this club has a buffoon as it's owner.  It will be criminal if we go down and Amanda's takeover is officially done.

54 minutes ago, adios said:

Agree about the business side.

Honestly, if you told me the takeover is 100% not happening, I'd nearly welcome relegation just because it's what Ashley deserves.

Isn't it dead in the water? I can't see anything changing into next season. 

10 minutes ago, robchester said:

Isn't it dead in the water? I can't see anything changing into next season. 

I read somewhere Ashley had said even if Staveley improved her offer he wouldn't sell to her. The best outcome from all this is the one that costs Ashley the most money. If it means relegation & Rafa leaving so be it, as long as Ashley loses lots of money.