Shearer testimonial to be against Celtic

Optimistic Nut

Don't really agree with them for the likes of Shearer in this day and age. It should either be cheap to get in or the money should go to charidee. Or better still - both.

Don't really agree with them for the likes of Shearer in this day and age. It should either be cheap to get in or the money should go to charidee. Or better still - both.

84665[/snapback]

If the money isn't donated to charity I don't think I'll be going, although having said that I'll probably persuade myself differently nearer the time. He will have been here 10 years so has to have a testimionial; I hope he does the decent thing though.

84665[/snapback]

If the money isn't donated to charity I don't think I'll be going, although having said that I'll probably persuade myself differently nearer the time. He will have been here 10 years so has to have a testimionial; I hope he does the decent thing though.

84672[/snapback]

I went to Pedro's, on a feebie though :lol: Even if 50% went to charity it would be a nice gesture.

It'll be like being in Europe again, having the town full of drunken people with unintelligible accents. :lol:

84674[/snapback]

No - it'll be like playing s scots team - a town full of drunken VIOLENT people with unintelligible accents

84665[/snapback]

84672[/snapback]

I went to Pedro's, on a feebie though :unsure: Even if 50% went to charity it would be a nice gesture.

84676[/snapback]

250px-Tv_sesame_street_phoebe.jpg

:lol:

It should go towards paying Souness's compensation.  Shearer's had enough from the fans over the years - time to give a little back.

84680[/snapback]

Every penny from YOUR salary should go to paying his compensation tbh. :lol:

Went to Pedro's - class, didn't go to Rob Lee's - that seemed to fall flat, think it was a combination of the prices, the opposition and the timing.

Agree that Shearer should donate the cash to charity (I'd nominate the Great North Air Ambulance).

Wonder who he'll get from throughout his career to play in the Newcastle XI?

It should go towards paying Souness's compensation.  Shearer's had enough from the fans over the years - time to give a little back.

84680[/snapback]

Every penny from YOUR salary should go to paying his compensation tbh. :lol:

84696[/snapback]

No way, I want him to stay!

I'll not be going unless it goes to charity like. Lower league players who make next to nowt and might need a little nest egg for when they retire should keep the proceeds, but I don't think Mr Shearer is short of a bob or two.

Wouldn't it have been more apt against a select XI of players he's played alongside over the years?

84755[/snapback]

More apt, less lucrative.

Wouldn't it have been more apt against a select XI of players he's played alongside over the years?

84755[/snapback]

84758[/snapback]

agreed...

But Celtic?? :lol:

What fucking connection does he have with Celtic?

84755[/snapback]

84758[/snapback]

agreed...

But Celtic?? :lol:

What fucking connection does he have with Celtic?

84766[/snapback]

They sing funny songs about him...

It'll be like being in Europe again, having the town full of drunken people with unintelligible accents. :lol:

84674[/snapback]

No - it'll be like playing s scots team - a town full of drunken VIOLENT people with unintelligible accents

84681[/snapback]

More shite coming from you Rob, i am surprised... :unsure:

84665[/snapback]

agreed..

and why does everyone want to play the bigots ?

84674[/snapback]

84681[/snapback]

84774[/snapback]

Drink and Scots are rather........... close.............

84674[/snapback]

84681[/snapback]

84774[/snapback]

84815[/snapback]

Fucking hell, have you actually been out in Newcastle at the weekend lately? Talk about pots and kettles - nobody drinks like the geordies do, not that that is always a bad thing mind.

Edit: Oh, and my guess is Scottish Mag was more pissed of about you shouting "violent". Once again, English fans have the upper hand in that respect as well you know.

Edited by Renton

It'll be like being in Europe again, having the town full of drunken people with unintelligible accents. :unsure:

84674[/snapback]

84681[/snapback]

More shite coming from you Rob, i am surprised... ;)

84774[/snapback]

84815[/snapback]

Fucking hell, have you actually been out in Newcastle at the weekend lately? Talk about pots and kettles - nobody drinks like the geordies do , not that that is always a bad thing mind.

84825[/snapback]

Apart from the rest of the UK and Ireland :lol:

Celtic and Rangers always guarantee big away followings, even in friendlies.

££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££

84838[/snapback]

Exactly. Mind I wonder if it would be possible for us to play against an "England" 11, and get it televised on Sky? Ker-ching!