Shearer testimonial to be against Celtic

Optimistic Nut

If the 10 year-rule applies, why hasn't Harper had one yet?

He can have a mix of ex Gateshead, Hartlepool, Bradford, etc. team-mates as opposition.

85020[/snapback]

Now that would bring the crowds in :lol:

85025[/snapback]

There's heated seats on the bench now, what more does he want?

Dunno if I'll go or not.

The money raised from it aught to go to Charity, and I think it probably will.

In the days when footballers didn't earn so much, a Testamonial was a nice little fund raiser that would see a player through his retirement.

Nowadays with the amount they earn, they're pretty much set up for life and the amount raised by a testamonial match isn't much to them.

Shearer's got millions. He could sit back and do nothing and he'd still live very comfortably all his life. But he won't do that. On top of the money he already has, he has his job with the BBC and I'm sure he'll go into management. I'm not having a go, fair play to him. I'm just making the point he doesn't need the testamonial money, which is why I think it will go to charity.

Dunno if I'll go or not.

The money raised from it aught to go to Charity, and I think it probably will.

In the days when footballers didn't earn so much, a Testamonial was a nice little fund raiser that would see a player through his retirement.

Nowadays with the amount they earn, they're pretty much set up for life and the amount raised by a testamonial match isn't much to them.

Shearer's got millions. He could sit back and do nothing and he'd still live very comfortably all his life. But he won't do that. On top of the money he already has, he has his job with the BBC and I'm sure he'll go into management. I'm not having a go, fair play to him. I'm just making the point he doesn't need the testamonial money, which is why I think it will go to charity.

85038[/snapback]

Set for 4 lives over mate!