Hypothetical Question

Ketsbaia

Would you rather...  

25 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

This is bordering close on you admitting you want Newcastle to lose in order to get Souness the sack Skol...

Wake up man - I don't care who's in charge, so long as we win. THAT is paramount!

6724[/snapback]

How's that? :lol:

I've heard a few people compare it to the Gullit situation a few years back and I was just wondering what peoples thoughts were so obviously I must want NUFC lose. :lol:

Hopefully you'll not take this thread as seriously as the comment I made prior to the Coventry match.

6813[/snapback]

Well no, but it concerns me that someone who considers them a true fan can even contemplate us losing a match for an ulterior motive such as the removal of the manager. Even the most ardant Souness hater surely would still want us to beat the Mackems (if they consider themselves a true fan)?

6864[/snapback]

The problem is this is a hypothetical question, the reality is always much more complicated. I was there at Gullit's last match, getting soaked to the skin in the heaviest rain I have ever seen at a football match (it was actually more like water polo). While I wanted the quick fix of us winning the match, I knew deep down that this would not benefit the club and was relieved when we lost. Had we won, we would likely have lost Lee and Shearer, and in my opinion Gullit would have got us relegated, the stakes were really that high, remember the incredible damage Gullit was doing to the club at the time and our horrendous start. And I bet the mackem defeat was soon forgotten when we trounced Sheffield Wednesday 8-0 at the next home match, with Bobby Robson in charge.

I can see a similar scenario happening with Souness, although personally I don't think he will last that long. If that happened, it would be a horrible situation, and although I would not be willing Sunderland to win, I would not be upset if we lost if Souness was sacked afterwards. Does that make sense, and does that make me a lesser fan?

Here's another hypothetical question, who on earth would we get this time?

6938[/snapback]

Well yes, that's a good point. Probably Shearer I imagine, which might be a disaster. Still, I'd rather take a chance on a disaster waiting to happen than one that already is.

6938[/snapback]

Well yes, that's a good point. Probably Shearer I imagine, which might be a disaster. Still, I'd rather take a chance on a disaster waiting to happen than one that already is.

6940[/snapback]

I wonder if he'd take it though, he might feel it was the wrong time to take over. Also, it's not as though Shepherd has sacked previous managers without a proper contigency plan is it?

6938[/snapback]

6940[/snapback]

I wonder if he'd take it though, he might feel it was the wrong time to take over. Also, it's not as though Shepherd has sacked previous managers without a proper contigency plan is it?

6942[/snapback]

Yeah, I think you're right and he might not take it. Shepherd is repeating past mistakes by not acting in the summer, or at least taking a huge risk in not doing so. Maybe somebody like Dowie would be a good choice, but could he control the egos? It's all very worrying, it has to be said.

Hmmm <<<<<<<< staring at the keyboard weighing up the options >>>>>

Do I want to lose to the mackems : No

Do I want Souness to get sacked ? OH FFS YES YES YES

How soon do I want him sacked ? Yesterday, or before that.

Do you think the mackems would like to beat us and trigger another big change in our fortunes ? Ask them, if they do they are daft.

What is more beneficial to the club, beating the mackems or getting rid of Souness at at time when someone like Hitzfeld is available, or someone like Wenger might be tempted to walk away, or Sir Alex Ferguson etc etc ie THE RIGHT MAN, HOPEFULLY, then find 3 weeks later they have gone somewhere else while we look at our 3 points off the mackems.

Food for thought. We lost to the mackems in 1990 and 1999 and both times it triggered a big chamge for the better.

Edited by LeazesMag

Hmmm <<<<<<<< staring at the keyboard weighing up the options >>>>>

Do I want to lose to the mackems : No

Do I want Souness to get sacked ? OH FFS YES YES YES

How soon do I want him sacked ? Yesterday, or before that.

Do you think the mackems would like to beat us and trigger another big change in our fortunes ? Ask them, if they do they are daft.

What is more beneficial to the club, beating the mackems or getting rid of Souness at at time when someone like Hitzfeld is available, or someone like Wenger might be tempted to walk away, or Sir Alex Ferguson etc etc ie THE RIGHT MAN, HOPEFULLY, then find 3 weeks later they have gone somewhere else while we look at our 3 points off the mackems.

Food for thought. We lost to the mackems in 1990 and 1999 and both times it triggered a big chamge for the better.

6944[/snapback]

Good post son!

6944[/snapback]

As much as I've never felt a pain or wanted the world to end so much as after the 1990 game, I have to agree that history has shown it was a blessing in disguise.