The OFFICIAL: Cheltenham v Toon thread

peasepud

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pinched from .com (just returning the favour tbh :lol: )

This day in history:

1956 We were 3-0 up at Fulham only to go behind 3-4 and then recover to win it 5-4. Jimmy Hill scored Fulham's fourth.

1967 A 4-3 defeat of Coventry City at Highfield Road. Jimmy Hill was manager of Coventry.

1976 A 5-0 thrashing of Coventry with Supermac scoring twice and making two. Future Bobby Robson helper, Gordon Milne, was the City manager.

1978 Leading Wrexham 2-1 with time almost up, Dixie McNeil popped up to take the tie to a replay which we lost 4-0. Wrexham went on to host Blyth Spartans in Round Five with the replay of that tie being played at St. James' Park.

Newcastle United:

Shay Given,

Peter Ramage,

Titus Bramble,

Jean Alain Boumsong,

Celestine Babayaro,

Nobby Solano,

Lee Clark,

Scott Parker,

Shola Ameobi,

Alan Shearer,

Michael Chopra

Subs:

Robbie Elliott,

Emre,

Steve Harper,

Charles N'Zogbia,

Albert Luque

I can see Chopra getting a goal, should be his level...and Shola's. The fact that he starts ahead of N'Zogbia or Luque despite not being fit says all about the ability of our manager.

Edited by Bombadil

Well done Souness you useless cunt, you've went 4-5-1 against Cheltenham ffs.

85563[/snapback]

Nice grammar! :lol:

85564[/snapback]

What are you talking about, you silly goat?

Edited by Sima

Well done, another rubbish and embarrassing performance. Even the annoying Jorman commentator noticed that there is not structure in Newcastle's game.

85566[/snapback]

Annoying indeed, what a tool. He was right though when he said that you couldn't tell the two teams apart. It was an embarrassing performance.

Blaming the pitch now. usless fucker.

85567[/snapback]

After he's spent a lot of the time talking it up.

Going back on his word AGAIN I see.

He goes on about his family all the time, saying every Sunday he is happy because he is with his family. It's all good saying he enjoys he likes being with his family, but he uses this to dodge questions.

Blaming the pitch now. usless fucker.

85567[/snapback]

After he's spent a lot of the time talking it up.

Going back on his word AGAIN I see.

85569[/snapback]

pitch looked absolutely fine :lol:

Well, i know i was only watching on TV...but i was so downhearted watching that performance ( if you can call it that) Where was the passion? I saw NO desire or spirit, most of them didnt look like they gave a shit wether we go through to the next round or not.

I tried not to, but as i watched the game i had an awful feeling of lethargy and a sort of acceptance sweep over me....this is dreadful, i expected us to be poor, i see no way out of it...really really miserable right now :unsure:

He goes on about his family all the time, saying every Sunday he is happy because he is with his family. It's all good saying he enjoys he likes being with his family, but he uses this to dodge questions.

85571[/snapback]

I actually want him to spend more time with his family.

85571[/snapback]

I actually want him to spend more time with his family.

85573[/snapback]

Aye, me too, but he seems to use his family as an excuse.

Also, anyone think swapping Shola for a decent championship striker would be a decent option?

Well no surprises at all in that match, everything i expected happened:

We played poorly for most of the game

The two teams were barely distinguishable

He played at least 1 player needlessley out of position

he further dented Luques already fragile confidence by dropping him for Shola and Chopra

He played Nobby nowhere near to out wide

Emre came on and instantly started to hide quite how clueless Spuness makes us with his intelligence on and off the ball

And on, and on

Well done to Chopra for his goal and he looks a better bet than Shola up front though as we all know, neither is the answer for a top class prem team (remember when we used to be one!) But CHopra has never had the chances Shola has

Zog looked lively as he usually does, which is why he invariably doesn't get a game as Souness prefers to play SHola ahead of him out wide

Well done to Parker on a deserved goal for the toon even if he knew nowt about it!

And did anyone hear the bit wen the commentator exclaimed "Just what do Newcastle do on the training ground!" Something we all wonder

Well my twopenneth worth.

Why are the majority of our players not comfortble with a football yet are proffesional footballers? Was the ball a ticking timebomb?

Parker

Zog

Emre

Ramage

Clark

Shearer

Seemed to be the only ones who didnt slog it as soon as it came to their feet!! Thus putting us under pressure that wasnt needed.

Crap!