Boumsong vs Cheltenham

Chaser

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Saw him on MOTD...why didn't he head it back to Given as opposed to heading it into the path of the Cheltenham striker?  :P

85685[/snapback]

Because he's a useless waste of the club's money? Pretty much what I expect from the shithead manager, as it's all he's done since he walked through the door.

He is absolute dogshit like.

85699[/snapback]

he's an expensive foreigner though, so he should be the real deal, as a lot of people said when he signed

85701[/snapback]

Not me, I just hoped he would be good. And definitely not you, you KNEW from the outset, right? :P

Saw him on MOTD...why didn't he head it back to Given as opposed to heading it into the path of the Cheltenham striker?  :steamtrain:

85685[/snapback]

Because he's a useless waste of the club's money? Pretty much what I expect from the shithead manager, as it's all he's done since he walked through the door.

85693[/snapback]

He is absolutely shite, agreed.....

But this club wanted to buy him before they made Graeme Souness manager! :P

Saw him on MOTD...why didn't he head it back to Given as opposed to heading it into the path of the Cheltenham striker?  :steamtrain:

85685[/snapback]

85693[/snapback]

85705[/snapback]

No, Bobby didn't want him even for free. This is a monumental cockup from Souness. I'm interested that people are now having selective memories - I seem to remember that a sizable proportion on here thought he was a great signing (if overpriced) less than a year ago. Probably the same people that chanted that cringeworthy "Boom" every time he touched the ball. Reminds me of the Emperor's new clothes really.

85685[/snapback]

85693[/snapback]

85705[/snapback]

Yep!

Him and Bobo Balde.

I'll hold my hands up and say I was one of those who thought he was a good signing, based on what I'd seen from him at Auxerre. I did think we paid over the odds though (who didn't?). He was absolutely rotten yesterday.

he's an expensive foreigner though, so he should be the real deal, as a lot of people said when he signed

I realise you're completely obsessed with "expensive foreigners", but once again, there are just as many (if not more, in relative terms) overpriced English players. £30m for Rio Ferdinand? £8.5m for Dean Richards? £7m for Jenas? £8m for Crouch? £6.5m for Beattie (who, if I remember correctly, you think we should have signed)? The list is endless.

Saw him on MOTD...why didn't he head it back to Given as opposed to heading it into the path of the Cheltenham striker?  :icon_lol:

85685[/snapback]

85693[/snapback]

85705[/snapback]

No, Bobby didn't want him even for free. This is a monumental cockup from Souness. I'm interested that people are now having selective memories - I seem to remember that a sizable proportion on here thought he was a great signing (if overpriced) less than a year ago. Probably the same people that chanted that cringeworthy "Boom" every time he touched the ball. Reminds me of the Emperor's new clothes really.

85707[/snapback]

I repeat...

this club wanted to buy him...

Souness may have been the manager when he actually signed, but an approach was made to Rangers in the wake of the Woodgate sale.....before Robson had been sacked! :steamtrain:

Lets face it, knowing how fickle Newcastle fans are in general, it's not hard to take LM's viewpoint.

I can hardly think of any player in the last couple of years that hasn't been criticised for something. Conclusion: just say everyone is shite when they first sign making you look just as smug as LM when the knives start to get sharpened.

I repeat...

Souness may have been the manager when he actually signed, but an approach was made to Rangers in the wake of the Woodgate sale.....before Robson had been sacked! :P

85718[/snapback]

Have you got a link for this Craig? Are you suggesting Boumsong was not a Souness signing? I seem to remember Robson being linked with Boumsong but he wasn't interested.

I repeat...

Souness may have been the manager when he actually signed, but an approach was made to Rangers in the wake of the Woodgate sale.....before Robson had been sacked! :P

85718[/snapback]

Have you got a link for this Craig? Are you suggesting Boumsong was not a Souness signing? I seem to remember Robson being linked with Boumsong but he wasn't interested.

85721[/snapback]

I haven't got a link to hand, no, but then we've discussed it previously and I wasn't the only one to voice that opinion..

Boumsong was indeed a Souness signing, I've not said differently - but this club made moves to approach him before Souness was anything to do with the place.

I repeat...

85718[/snapback]

85721[/snapback]

I haven't got a link to hand, no, but then we've discussed it previously and I wasn't the only one to voice that opinion..

Boumsong was indeed a Souness signing, I've not said differently - but this club made moves to approach him before Souness was anything to do with the place.

85723[/snapback]

So it is just your opinion then. The way you put it it makes it look like a fact that we wanted to sign him. And does asking about a player and sending scouts definitely mean we want to sign him or are we just checking him out? I would like to know cos obviously I am not as Knowledgeable as you.

Like I said in the Cheltenham - Toon thread, he looked a liability even against players of that calibre. And he's getting worse, like our coaching methods are making him un-learn!

It's got to be worth trying Taylor & Ramage in the centre when/if Taylor and Carr come back. I feel a bit for Ramage, being thrown in with Boumwrong, Bungle and Makosi. I guess what doesn't break you only makes you stronger though.

He is absolute dogshit like.

85699[/snapback]

85701[/snapback]

Not me, I just hoped he would be good. And definitely not you, you KNEW from the outset, right? :P

85703[/snapback]

no, just had the usual realistic reservations about foreigners, and/or players from the Scottish league, but after one or two games though ....... :steamtrain: I mean getting pulled out of position by non league players in the FA Cup doesn't look good right ?

How many eggs did he lay on the touchlines....

God knows how Souness ever watched him and said "he's a very good player and will give us leadership..." [which I remember reading]

85685[/snapback]

85693[/snapback]

85705[/snapback]

85707[/snapback]

spot on - quoted for truth !

I'll hold my hands up and say I was one of those who thought he was a good signing, based on what I'd seen from him at Auxerre. I did think we paid over the odds though (who didn't?). He was absolutely rotten yesterday.

I realise you're completely obsessed with "expensive foreigners", but once again, there are just as many (if not more, in relative terms) overpriced English players. £30m for Rio Ferdinand? £8.5m for Dean Richards? £7m for Jenas? £8m for Crouch? £6.5m for Beattie (who, if I remember correctly, you think we should have signed)? The list is endless.

85715[/snapback]

Crouch is good.

Beattie would have been better than Kluivert [correct or not ?]

Don't believe I ever said much about Jeanarse, apart from being soft as shite for a central midfield player, and should never, ever have won the young player of the year award ahead of rooney for starters [for which I was slaughtered]

30m for ferdinand is manu's business, i have never said anything about this

Nor Dean richards

Boumsong's forst game against Yeading he looked shit and only improved for a run of a few games since then and now he's back to what he was, absolute shit.

He make's O'Brien look good tbh and bramble isn't much better. Brambles passing yesterday was nothing short of a joke.

Lets face it, knowing how fickle Newcastle fans are in general, it's not hard to take LM's viewpoint.

I can hardly think of any player in the last couple of years that hasn't been criticised for something.  Conclusion: just say everyone is shite when they first sign making you look just as smug as LM when the knives start to get sharpened.

85719[/snapback]

just seen this ....

Expect nothing and you ain't disappointed :P

Question is mate we've got 2 days to make a panic buy, who's it going to be !

When he went for free i don't think people would have complained at getting a French International for that price, having gone for £8.5m of our money then certain standards are expected!

The simple fact is though, Souness paid £8.5m for him, so get used to seeing him play every week regardless of how shite he plays and how much better other people may be there (when they're fit) because Souness does what is best for his ego and spoilt brat personality not for NUFC.

And as somebody on here said, you get the impression that our "coaches" are making him steadilly worse!!!

i dont remember him being as bad when he first came as he is now. I seem to remember him having the pace to clear things up, make some well timed tackles etc however he seems to have got a LOT worse. I know he's had family problems but i thought he was over those