Shock Striker Link

Emre

Newcastle United have been linked with a shock move for Wigan Athletic striker Jason Roberts.

Magpies manager Graeme Souness has been alerted to the fact the forward has only 18 months remaining on his current deal at the JJB - and the Latics have yet to open talks over a new contract.

The 28-year-old has hit nine goals in 11 games and has also been rewarded with the captain's armband.

Souness has earmarked the player as a potential successor to Alan Shearer with Everton have also reportedly interested in signing the Grenada international.

I rate him, he's tore our defence apart every time he's played against us. better than Ameobi, Shearer and Chopra

85816[/snapback]

That's not saying much though tbh.

I rate him, he's tore our defence apart every time he's played against us. better than Ameobi, Shearer and Chopra

85816[/snapback]

That's not saying much though tbh.

85818[/snapback]

It's saying he's better than what we've currently got.

FFS that striker for Cheltenham is better than what we've got up front at the minute.

Fast, strong and likely to miss a sitter.

85820[/snapback]

Ameobi - Slow, clumsy and constantly misses sitters, hang im!

In fact swap him for Ameobi

85823[/snapback]

What would he cost and how much have we got ?

I can't think of many better players to partner Owen for what he would cost....

seeing as fuckwit sold Bellamy but you never know a new manager may see it differently and exercise the clause in Bellamys contract

Anyone who thinks we are going to afford 10m plus to replace Bellamy, as Owen has already taken up the budget to replace Shearer, is being slightly deluded I think

Clause in Bellamy's contract?  Care to explain.

85828[/snapback]

There is a rumour that "allegedly" if we come back in for Bellars at some point he can return if he wants.

Can't see it happening but possible for a club that has a habit of fucking up the details in the contracts of the players they loan out, so they can play and inevitably score against us.

I'd like to see us try and sign Earnshaw, more likely to come and wouldn't be a bad investment at all.

Ok so he isn't world class but we need someone who can score goals and he's more likely to do that than our current crop of strikers.

I'd like to see us try and sign Earnshaw, more likely to come and wouldn't be a bad investment at all.

Ok so he isn't world class but we need someone who can score goals and he's more likely to do that than our current crop of strikers.

85838[/snapback]

:steamtrain:

Owen and Earnshaw up front and our ability to play no other tactic except the long ball??

A sure-fire recipe for goals.... :P

85838[/snapback]

:steamtrain:

Owen and Earnshaw up front and our ability to play no other tactic except the long ball??

A sure-fire recipe for goals.... :P

85843[/snapback]

Didn't think of our tactically inept manager <_<

Put those two up front in a team where the staff have a clue then you'd get a few goals.

Why not buy that Kozic Wet Sham were after? He's a tall bloke at least. :icon_lol:

Would Roberts come? A cup final to play in and possibly Europe next season with Wigan.

A relegation dogfight and a bunch of fuckwits coaching you with the Toon!

85830[/snapback]

i was just thinking the same wacky! Why would he want to come to us? :P

I like Roberts, admittedly i have a soft spot for him as i used to watch him play for us here at Torquay....very good player...have to agree with some of whats been said too, better and more consistent than Ameobi and Chopra put together.

Plus he has the right attitude....

though a few weeks with us and no doubt he'd go into a decline!! :steamtrain:

He'd come for the cash tbh.

85952[/snapback]

wigan have plenty of money havent they?

actually i like wigan. I admire their obvious team spirit and resolve, even though it pisses me off so much cos we dont show any evidence of that :P:steamtrain:

On the subject of Shola (somebody's mentioned him), did it wind anyone else up to see that Obejayi and Francis playing like strikers with purpose at one end, committing defenders, and basically playing like they realise that the object of the game is to get the ball in the opposing team's net.....then when the ball goes to Ameobi he's his usual ponderous, lackadaisical self, seemingly no purpose to what he does, and giving the opposition every opportunity to get the ball off him.

I'm not an Ameobi-basher, but the lad is so frustrating. He just seems to have no drive about him.

On the subject of Shola (somebody's mentioned him), did it wind anyone else up to see that Obejayi and Francis playing like strikers with purpose at one end, committing defenders, and basically playing like they realise that the object of the game is to get the ball in the opposing team's net.....then when the ball goes to Ameobi he's his usual ponderous, lackadaisical self, seemingly no purpose to what he does, and giving the opposition every opportunity to get the ball off him.

I'm not an Ameobi-basher, but the lad is so frustrating.  He just seems to have no drive about him.

85956[/snapback]

i know exactly what you mean....i get soooo frustrated watching him (and thats on TV) i want to run on, scream at him and give him a shake up!! :P He looks so half hearted all the time...yet he has obvious talent, if only he could have some go behind him!! But i dont think he'll ever change.

OHHH im going to say it........

i wish we had Bellars :steamtrain: