Shock Striker Link

Emre

He'd come for the cash tbh.

85952[/snapback]

wigan have plenty of money havent they?

actually i like wigan. I admire their obvious team spirit and resolve, even though it pisses me off so much cos we dont show any evidence of that :P:steamtrain:

85954[/snapback]

If you think he's getting anything like the wages we pay here you're wrong. I'm not saying he's coming here or anything, but if we were to go in for him he'd be tempted by the wages.

He'd come for the cash tbh.

85952[/snapback]

wigan have plenty of money havent they?

actually i like wigan. I admire their obvious team spirit and resolve, even though it pisses me off so much cos we dont show any evidence of that :P:steamtrain:

85954[/snapback]

If you think he's getting anything like the wages we pay here you're wrong. I'm not saying he's coming here or anything, but if we were to go in for him he'd be tempted by the wages.

85960[/snapback]

then lets tempt him!!

No, he's not really what we should be aspiring to, BUT, he could do a far better job than what we have at the moment.

Shola didn't have the advantage of being marked by Boumsong to be fair.

85961[/snapback]

True, but they were League 2 defenders. And he plays like that most of the time an'all!

85965[/snapback]

I was being sarcastic like :P

Shola didn't have the advantage of being marked by Boumsong to be fair.

85961[/snapback]

True, but they were League 2 defenders. And he plays like that most of the time an'all!

85965[/snapback]

I was being sarcastic like :P

85966[/snapback]

That's not like you. :steamtrain::icon_lol:

On the subject of Shola (somebody's mentioned him), did it wind anyone else up to see that Obejayi and Francis playing like strikers with purpose at one end, committing defenders, and basically playing like they realise that the object of the game is to get the ball in the opposing team's net.....then when the ball goes to Ameobi he's his usual ponderous, lackadaisical self, seemingly no purpose to what he does, and giving the opposition every opportunity to get the ball off him.

I'm not an Ameobi-basher, but the lad is so frustrating.  He just seems to have no drive about him.

85956[/snapback]

He seemed to show the purpose of booting the ball out of the ground from 10 yards out during the first half....

That fucker was halfway to the racecourse! :P

I've thought Roberts would be a good forward for Owen to play off for a while now. He's very strong and committed, decent in the air, not bad technically and is a real team player. I think he would be good for Owen's game.

Personally i think we missed a trick with Yakubu. He looks like a good footballer to me with good awareness, i like the way he tries to bring other people in to the game. Anyway, he signed for Boro and they're doing worse than us so, he's not the cure to all ills!

I've thought Roberts would be a good forward for Owen to play off for a while now. He's very strong and committed, decent in the air, not bad technically and is a real team player. I think he would be good for Owen's game.

Personally i think we missed a trick with Yakubu. He looks like a good footballer to me with good awareness, i like the way he tries to bring other people in to the game. Anyway, he signed for Boro and they're doing worse than us so, he's not the cure to all ills!

85977[/snapback]

Prefer Ashton to both and I think he could play with Owen.

85977[/snapback]

85980[/snapback]

Agreed....

We'll probably go in with a ridiculous £12m bid for him in the summer...

85977[/snapback]

85980[/snapback]

I really haven't seen enough of Ashton. I don't remember him tearing it up when he played (briefly) in the Prem. I know he's big and meant to have good feet. Does he win lot's in the air? Is he good at playing his strike partner in? Hasn't he just moved to the Hammers?

Just signed for West Ham hasn't he?

85989[/snapback]

Yep...

Mind you, Boumsong had just signed for Rangers but we still went and paid over the odds a mere 6 months later!

85977[/snapback]

85980[/snapback]

I really haven't seen enough of Ashton. I don't remember him tearing it up when he played (briefly) in the Prem. I know he's big and meant to have good feet. Does he win lot's in the air? Is he good at playing his strike partner in? Hasn't he just moved to the Hammers?

85992[/snapback]

Yep, yep and yep

85977[/snapback]

85980[/snapback]

85992[/snapback]

Yep, yep and yep

86009[/snapback]

OK, OK and err...oh!