Star Wars figures on eBay

Lazarus

I had the lot and gave them away...

Apart from my AT-AT and Millennium Falcon which my pyromaniac of a brother shoved a whole load of BBQ lighter fluid soaked bog roll into and set fire to them....

Arsehole! :P

Everyone I knew at school had most of the star wars figures. Surely they didn't all go in the bin?

I've no idea where mine are actually, might raid my parents' loft next weekend :steamtrain:

86000[/snapback]

Usually these things are practically worthless unless they have never been opened. Anybody that is willing to pay several grand for a plastic star wars figure needs to be committed imo. :P

Seriously though, what is wrong with these dweebs ?  Pay off a chunk of your mortgage or something.  Don't spend thousands of pounds on a little plastic figure that you won't even take out the box.

86012[/snapback]

There lies the problem tbh.

Seriously though, what is wrong with these dweebs?  Pay off a chunk of your mortgage or something. Don't spend thousands of pounds on a little plastic figure that you won't even take out the box.

86012[/snapback]

Spoken like a true accountant. :P

Seriously though, what is wrong with these dweebs?  Pay off a chunk of your mortgage or something. Don't spend thousands of pounds on a little plastic figure that you won't even take out the box.

86012[/snapback]

Spoken like a true accountant. :P

86015[/snapback]

I'm terrible with money actually. :steamtrain: But I would never entertain the idea of spending thousands of pounds on a toy. Sad freaks need to get a life tbh.

I had the entire collection, and my mother kept the boxes too. But then she decided to give them to my younger cousin and they got destroyed, he liked to burn and chew things. For years after I tried to tell him he should try combining the two and see what happens, he didn't have the jacob's for it though. :P

Everyone I knew at school had most of the star wars figures. Surely they didn't all go in the bin?

I've no idea where mine are actually, might raid my parents' loft next weekend :steamtrain:

86000[/snapback]

Usually these things are practically worthless unless they have never been opened. Anybody that is willing to pay several grand for a plastic star wars figure needs to be committed imo. :P

86011[/snapback]

See Toy Story II

86000[/snapback]

86011[/snapback]

See Toy Story II

86171[/snapback]

Of course, unboxed magically animated toy cowboys are worth considerably more.

My sisters new lad is one of the aforementioned "dweebs".

He has a Darth Vader shaped suitcase full of miniature Star Wars figures ( still with original weapons) and has just forked out £800 or so on a Darth Maul light sabre which is "not a toy" as he told my disgruntled 5 year old nephew.

He keeps turning the lights off in the living room to play with it to full effect... :P

( come to think of it I am sure I spotted a Princess Ear muffs wig in there as well .. :steamtrain: )

He has a Darth Vader shaped suitcase full of miniature Star Wars figures ( still with original weapons) and has just forked out £800 or so on a Darth Maul light sabre which is "not a toy" as he told my disgruntled 5 year old nephew.

He keeps turning the lights off in the living room to play with it to full effect... :icon_lol:

( come to think of it I am sure I spotted a Princess Ear muffs wig in there as well .. <_< )

86274[/snapback]

He sounds like a right loser. :P Blokes like that can actually have girlfriends?? :steamtrain:

He keeps turning the lights off in the living room to play with it to full effect... :icon_lol:

( come to think of it I am sure I spotted a Princess Ear muffs wig in there as well .. <_< )

86274[/snapback]

He sounds like a right loser. :P Blokes like that can actually have girlfriends?? :steamtrain:

86275[/snapback]

Think she took pity on him cos he's only small (she likes small men) altho he didn't take too kindly to being called Yoda........was only joking :)

He keeps turning the lights off in the living room to play with it to full effect... <_<

( come to think of it I am sure I spotted a Princess Ear muffs wig in there as well .. :) )

86274[/snapback]

86275[/snapback]

Think she took pity on him cos he's only small (she likes small men) altho he didn't take too kindly to being called Yoda........was only joking :scare:

86276[/snapback]

He doesn't post on message boards using the username Papa Lazaru does he? :icon_lol:

He keeps turning the lights off in the living room to play with it to full effect... <_<

( come to think of it I am sure I spotted a Princess Ear muffs wig in there as well .. :scare: )

86274[/snapback]

86275[/snapback]

Think she took pity on him cos he's only small (she likes small men) altho he didn't take too kindly to being called Yoda........was only joking :scare:

86276[/snapback]

He doesn't post on message boards using the username Papa Lazaru does he? :icon_lol:

86290[/snapback]

You never know......is he a Celtic fan too ??? :)

Seriously though, what is wrong with these dweebs?  Pay off a chunk of your mortgage or something.  Don't spend thousands of pounds on a little plastic figure that you won't even take out the box.

86012[/snapback]

Wouldn't it make financial sense to buy the toy rather than pay off the mortgage?

They go for stupid money now, in 25 years they'll be going for insane money.

86274[/snapback]

86275[/snapback]

Think she took pity on him cos he's only small (she likes small men) altho he didn't take too kindly to being called Yoda........was only joking :)

86276[/snapback]

Hung like a chinese mouse tbh

rather they spent their money on these..

it's better that than them buying nightscopes, rohypnol, a few "instruments" and a new set of ladders down to their basement.

psycho-killers are just dweebs who didn't have a "socially acceptable" outlet for their geek-ity.

Fact-afucking-mundo

rather they spent their money on these..

it's better that than them buying nightscopes, rohypnol, a few "instruments" and a new set of ladders down to their basement.

psycho-killers are just dweebs who didn't have a "socially acceptable" outlet for their geek-ity.

Fact-afucking-mundo

86325[/snapback]

Says the dweeby student :P

Seriously though, what is wrong with these dweebs?  Pay off a chunk of your mortgage or something.  Don't spend thousands of pounds on a little plastic figure that you won't even take out the box.

86012[/snapback]

I'm surprised you all think like this to be honest.

It's no different to people who buy any other investment that gives them pleasure. Like a cellar full of wine you'll probably never drink. Or paintings that live in vaults.

Many of the fine electric guitars from the 50s and 60s are now "too" valuable to play and many just get put into glass cases in Hard Rock Cafes and rich Japanese businessmens' apartments.

I don't share the enthusiasm for these toys but I can imagine if they make you happy you could get into spending your money on them.

:P