The First Time you Flew

Pilchard Chops

You're more likely to catch and die of West Nile Disease than see Rob killed horrifically in a plane.

91402[/snapback]

Wellllll - if you'd been on the A1 at Dishforth many years ago you would have seen me stall a glider at 400 ft.......... close....... very, very close indeed

W Nile disease is for whimps - now Lasa Fever - there's a disease to worry about

91459[/snapback]

I've got this mental image of you in a beige jungle explorer outfit and silly hat complete with magnifying glass and butterfly net. :lol:

"Ohhhhh when I was in the tropical rainforest, I was attacked by the most venomous creature imaginable. I just bit my own arm off - that did the trick!" :razz:

• Replies 363
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You're more likely to catch and die of West Nile Disease than see Rob killed horrifically in a plane.

91402[/snapback]

Wellllll - if you'd been on the A1 at Dishforth many years ago you would have seen me stall a glider at 400 ft.......... close....... very, very close indeed

W Nile disease is for whimps - now Lasa Fever - there's a disease to worry about

91459[/snapback]

I've got this mental image of you in a beige jungle explorer outfit and silly hat complete with magnifying glass and butterfly net. :lol:

"Ohhhhh when I was in the tropical rainforest, I was attacked by the most venomous creature imaginable. I just bit my own arm off - that did the trick!" :razz:

91477[/snapback]

Didn't feel a thing :razz:

91402[/snapback]

91459[/snapback]

91477[/snapback]

Rob W is Aldridge Prior.

I HAVE worked in tropical rain forests and they are bloody dreadful places - like a bar in the Bigg Market on a Saturday night - hot, steamy, you can't see a bloody thing, the floor is running with .... fluid..... and there are all sorts of communicable diseases all round you...............

I was also in a place where there was a few cases of Lasa Fever - quite worrying TBH

Edited by Rob W

91402[/snapback]

91459[/snapback]

91477[/snapback]

Didn't feel a thing :razz:

91504[/snapback]

Bloody crocdiles lurking in the creeks my friend , that's what you watch out for..... not that many snakes around TBH

Bloody crocdiles lurking in the creeks my friend , that's what you watch out for.....  not that many snakes around TBH

91537[/snapback]

Where's this like Rob, or is it just all tropical rainforests?

Bloody crocdiles lurking in the creeks my friend , that's what you watch out for.....  not that many snakes around TBH

91537[/snapback]

91547[/snapback]

New Guinea, Borneo, Nigeria

go out at night and shine a torch in the creeks and you see these bloody, soulless eyes looking back at you - as I said, much like the Bigg Market

and they sit out and sun themselves during the day on sand banks in the rivers sizing up the evening meal as you go past in your boat.............................

Edited by Rob W

I'll bet it's like Jumanji in Rob's house!  :lol:

jumanji01.jpg

91553[/snapback]

we have the place sprayed against infestation by Robin Williams every month

Note:- Jumanji (1995)

Tagline: An Adventure For Those Who Seek To Find A Way To Leave Their World Behind. (more)

Plot Outline: When two kids play an old magic board-game they found, they release a man trapped for decades in it and a host of dangers that can only be stopped by finishing the game.

Mmmmmmmm - I'm beginning to get the same feeling here..............

Edited by Rob W

Bloody crocdiles lurking in the creeks my friend , that's what you watch out for.....   not that many snakes around TBH

91537[/snapback]

91547[/snapback]

New Guinea, Borneo, Nigeria

go out at night and shine a torch in the creeks and you see these bloody, soulless eyes looking back at you - as I said, much like the Bigg Market

and they sit out and sun themselves during the day on sand banks in the rivers sizing up the evening meal as you go past in your boat.............................

91554[/snapback]

Wouldn't the majority of the crocodiles in those places be freshwater ones (inland New Guinea and Borneo) and not be a danger to people though?

Coastal waters my lad, mangrove swamps etc etc

and any bloody crocodile is a danger to everyone fresh or salted

(especially in an aeroplane of course - I wouldn't want to wander off topic)

91673[/snapback]

Mangrove swamps aren't tropical rainforests though are they? And fresh water crocs pose little are no danger to people and certainly aren't man-eaters.

91673[/snapback]

Mangrove swamps aren't tropical rainforests though are they? And fresh water crocs pose little are no danger to people and certainly aren't man-eaters.

91693[/snapback]

Cayman lads, stop splitting hairs.

91673[/snapback]

91693[/snapback]

Cayman lads, stop splitting hairs.

91698[/snapback]

Caiman my lad!

1st time i flew was in 2000, it was only to brussels but i still shat myself, i went over for a few days to watch England vs Portugal in Eindhoven and we lost lol

92073[/snapback]

Could you keep to the topic please. I won't warn you again.

You bastids!

On Wednesday I flew to Melbourne for work and all I could think about was this bloody thread. Then to make matters worse we had to land into a 70km/h head wind. I've experienced some shit landings but this one the pilot gets to about 5 metres above the ground then accelerates into the wind, throw the bloody plane at the ground, bounces it around a bit and then throws out all the anchors to stop the thing before the end of the run way! :lol:

But hey, good thing is you can now switch your mobile on before the plane docks at the gate.

Are you OBJECTING that the pilot actually tried to stop before the end of the runway Sammy?? 

:lol:  ;)  ;)  :)

92158[/snapback]

No Rob, I was objecting at the way he threw the thing at the ground, the stopping bit was quite a relief actually.