FA Cup 5th Round Draw

Shearergol

I'm on holiday for FA Cup final day so we'd better bloody not win it!

86096[/snapback]

Whoah there boys and girls! Let's not run before we can walk! Good draw though, who have the Mackems got? :P

86096[/snapback]

Whoah there boys and girls! Let's not run before we can walk! Good draw though, who have the Mackems got? :P

86099[/snapback]

Unfortunately for them, 11 fannies. Boom boom.

Get your money on an NUFC FA Cup win lads and lasses. Trust me. Me and the lads I've been going to the match with for years put a piss take bet on us to win the FA Cup this season in memory of me dad. Something strange is going on, we're being given an easy route.

On the other hand, it would just be my old mans sense of humour to see us all go down to the new Wembley and get humped 9-0 off Chelsea reserves. :steamtrain:

86096[/snapback]

Wouldn't it be ironic if one of the few Souness bummers would miss it when the tosser was successful.

Lucky draw. As long as we avoid the top teams and an away tie there is every chance of Newcastle getting to the late stages...even if it means we won't get rid of the tosser.

Is this the last 16 we're in now then?  When you look at the draw we got off pretty lightly.

86100[/snapback]

Millwall got to the final 2 years ago without playing a Premie League team, I'll take similar tbh.

86096[/snapback]

86099[/snapback]

Get your money on an NUFC FA Cup win lads and lasses. Trust me. Me and the lads I've been going to the match with for years put a piss take bet on us to win the FA Cup this season in memory of me dad. Something strange is going on, we're being given an easy route.

On the other hand, it would just be my old mans sense of humour to see us all go down to the new Wembley and get humped 9-0 off Chelsea reserves. :steamtrain:

86104[/snapback]

The last two times we got to the final we had an easy route too. Only to get humped.

Is this the last 16 we're in now then?  When you look at the draw we got off pretty lightly.

86100[/snapback]

There are 16 teams in the 5th Round

8 in the 6th Round

4 in the Semis

2 in the Final

There's one winner

:P

86096[/snapback]

86099[/snapback]

86104[/snapback]

The last two times we got to the final we had an easy route too. Only to get humped.

86109[/snapback]

Like Millwall. We'll almost certainly meet a premiership side by the semis = no final. Unless we appoint someone decent before then, of course.

86096[/snapback]

Are you being remotely serious? :P

86103[/snapback]

Are you looking for an argument like, tosspot? :steamtrain: Of course I'd want us to win it if we got there, but I'd be GUTTED that I wasn't there.

86100[/snapback]

There are 16 teams in the 5th Round

8 in the 6th Round

4 in the Semis

2 in the Final

There's one winner

:P

86111[/snapback]

So THAT'S how it works!

:steamtrain:

Like Millwall. We'll almost certainly meet a premiership side by the semis = no final. Unless we appoint someone decent before then, of course.

86113[/snapback]

IF and it's a big IF, we play someone with everyone (particularly Owen) fit we've got a chance against just about anyone in a one-off match. That's as optimistic as I'm going to get because everytime I get excited about the Toon's prospects of winning something we fuck up :P

could have been worse

COME ON THE TOON!!!

TELL ME MA, ME MA......

86110[/snapback]

Speaking of which, did anyone else hear a load of our lot start singing that after Parker's goal on Saturday??

Nearly as cringe-worthy as "EASY! EASY" tbh...

That sort of stuff should be reserved til after the final whistle goes in the semi-final and you've won...

Just wait, when Sir Alan lifts the FA Cup I'll be on here quicker than Leazes Mag after a Bellamy goal for Blackburn.

86112[/snapback]

Won't you be at Wembley...err....I mean Cardiff sooperfan??

:steamtrain::P

Anything can happen in a one off game. Chelsea were expected to beat us, but everything went our way that day. Spurs should have stuffed us and the last ten minutes of that game was like the Somme, but it went our way. The two finals we've got to have been during seasons where we've been pretty poor. Where's the fighting spirit eh? My Grandad didn't hide in a loft during the war so that people like you lot could cast doubt on our ability to win this thing. Now, who's with me?

Anything can happen in a one off game. Chelsea were expected to beat us, but everything went our way that day. Spurs should have stuffed us and the last ten minutes of that game was like the Somme, but it went our way. The two finals we've got to have been during seasons where we've been pretty poor. Where's the fighting spirit eh? My Grandad didn't hide in a loft during the war so that people like you lot could cast doubt on our ability to win this thing. Now, who's with me?

86123[/snapback]

Your either with us or against us tbh :P