Preston/Crystal Palace v Coventry/Middlesbrough

NEWCASTLE v Southampton

Aston Villa v Manchester City

Everton/Chelsea v Colchester

Charlton v Brentford

Liverpool v Manchester United

Bolton v West Ham

86090[/snapback]

Do you think Gary Neville groaned when he saw that one ?

Preston/Crystal Palace v Coventry/Middlesbrough

NEWCASTLE v Southampton

Aston Villa v Manchester City

Everton/Chelsea v Colchester

Charlton v Brentford

Liverpool v Manchester United

Bolton v West Ham

86090[/snapback]

Do you think Gary Neville groaned when he saw that one ?

86128[/snapback]

He's going to get some serious shit like.... :P

could have been worse

COME ON THE TOON!!!

TELL ME MA, ME MA......

86110[/snapback]

Speaking of which, did anyone else hear a load of our lot start singing that after Parker's goal on Saturday??

Nearly as cringe-worthy as "EASY! EASY" tbh...

That sort of stuff should be reserved til after the final whistle goes in the semi-final and you've won...

86118[/snapback]

Normally, it would be OK, even in the 4th round. But at the moment, and given the performance, it just doesn't feel right.

Personally I think Southampton will beat us unless we change management. If we are anywhere near as bad as we were against Mansfield, we have little chance.

But if we did progress, would Owen be fit in time for the semis?

How come half of you were expecting us to lose to Cheltenham, but expect us to beat Southampton?

86133[/snapback]

Give them a fortnight or so, they'll come round :P

could have been worse

COME ON THE TOON!!!

TELL ME MA, ME MA......

86110[/snapback]

Speaking of which, did anyone else hear a load of our lot start singing that after Parker's goal on Saturday??

Nearly as cringe-worthy as "EASY! EASY" tbh...

That sort of stuff should be reserved til after the final whistle goes in the semi-final and you've won...

86118[/snapback]

Normally, it would be OK, even in the 4th round. But at the moment, and given the performance, it just doesn't feel right.

Personally I think Southampton will beat us unless we change management. If we are anywhere near as bad as we were against Mansfield, we have little chance.

But if we did progress, would Owen be fit in time for the semis?

86135[/snapback]

Dunno but he's definitely going to be ok for the World Cup :steamtrain:

:P

Agreed, but the fact that Souness is still in charge because we're still in the FA Cup is ridiculous anyway. It should have nothing to do with that.

How come half of you were expecting us to lose to Cheltenham, but expect us to beat Southampton?

86133[/snapback]

Who was seriously expecting us to lose against Cheltenham?

86141[/snapback]

There were plenty of posts stating that they were worried about us losing. Or are you claiming everyone on here knew we'd win?

Agreed, but the fact that Souness is still in charge because we're still in the FA Cup is ridiculous anyway. It should have nothing to do with that.

86143[/snapback]

It's (almost) funny how lucky results against crap teams from the 3rd Division can keep a Premierleague boss in his job...

86133[/snapback]

86141[/snapback]

I second that one - you might have interpreted my "I hope your confidence doesn't come back to bite us on the arse" as an admission that they'd beat us but it wasn't...

It was an admission that I wasn't confident enough to say that we wouldn't lose - there's a difference...

86133[/snapback]

86141[/snapback]

I second that one - you might have interpreted my "I hope your confidence doesn't come back to bite us on the arse" as an admission that they'd beat us but it wasn't...

It was an admission that I wasn't confident enough to say that we wouldn't lose - there's a difference...

86148[/snapback]

Well people are a lot more positive about this game than they were that one.

Anyway, you weren't confident enough to take my bet that Cheltenham wouldn't beat us, so that showed me something :P

86133[/snapback]

86141[/snapback]

There were plenty of posts stating that they were worried about us losing. Or are you claiming everyone on here knew we'd win?

86145[/snapback]

There were a couple of people fishing for a "told you so" reply by stating they could see us losing, but I don't think anyone really considered it to be very likely.

We'll beat Southampton.

(there you go)

86147[/snapback]

I agree with you on this one...

Wouldn't be as confident if it had been at St. Mary's though...

Anyway, you weren't confident enough to take my bet that Cheltenham wouldn't beat us, so that showed me something :P

86149[/snapback]

Nope, I wasn't confident enough to say we'd win...

Different :steamtrain:

Anything can happen in a one off game. Chelsea were expected to beat us, but everything went our way that day. Spurs should have stuffed us and the last ten minutes of that game was like the Somme, but it went our way. The two finals we've got to have been during seasons where we've been pretty poor. Where's the fighting spirit eh? My Grandad didn't hide in a loft during the war so that people like you lot could cast doubt on our ability to win this thing. Now, who's with me?

86123[/snapback]

Nailed on certainty imo

85860[/snapback]

86149[/snapback]

Different :steamtrain:

86156[/snapback]

I'm just not confident enough to say that we definitely won't lose

Meh

Anyway, you weren't confident enough to take my bet that Cheltenham wouldn't beat us, so that showed me something :steamtrain:

86149[/snapback]

Different :icon_lol:

86156[/snapback]

I'm just not confident enough to say that we definitely won't lose

Meh

86161[/snapback]

Bastid! :P

I`ll wait and see how dismal a performance we put against Man City and Pompey even thinking as to whether we can beat Southampton.

Wins, and unconvincing ones at that, against Mansfield and Cheltenham have not excused the fact for me that we have been rank rotten all season and whilst Souness remains in charge i do not see this changing.

Just wait, when Sir Alan lifts the FA Cup I'll be on here quicker than Leazes Mag after a Bellamy goal for Blackburn.

86112[/snapback]

you'r not planning on going then :P

Just wait, when Sir Alan lifts the FA Cup I'll be on here quicker than Leazes Mag after a Bellamy goal for Blackburn.

86112[/snapback]

you'r not planning on going then :steamtrain:

86248[/snapback]

Yeah, maybe I did exaggerate a little with how quickly I'd actually be on here. :P