Souness' new excuse

LeazesMag

http://www.teamtalk.com/teamtalk/News/Stor..._984894,00.html

Souness: Family come first

Newcastle manager Graeme Souness claims the pressure he is under means little to him compared to the importance of his family's well-being.

Souness' position is the subject of increasing speculation due to the club's inconsistent form in the Premiership.

The Scot however says a recent car crash involving his daughter puts his professional problems into their proper context.

Souness said: "She was in a bit of a state.

"She pulled out of our drive into the lane outside and saw a parked car start to move off. A bit suspicious, so she looked over her shoulder and smashed into a wall.

"She was a bit shook up but, thankfully, she's OK.

"That's the biggest fright I've had recently. That's the reality, that's what is really, really important.

"You have to have a thick skin to be a football manager - especially at a club like Newcastle. But having a thick skin doesn't prepare you for anything happening to your family." 

Interestingly, as he totters from one pathetic excuse to another looking for the sympathy vote, the player he sold to Blackburn who he called a "cancer" and was slagged off on here and other places for being the "liar", rather than Souness, is quietly getting on with his career with dignity

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Interestingly, as he totters from one pathetic excuse to another looking for the sympathy vote, the player he sold to Blackburn who he called a "cancer" and was slagged off on here and other places for being the "liar", rather than Souness, is quietly getting on with his career with dignity

86332[/snapback]

:P

Craig Bellamy.......what a guy! I imagine you sat at your computer with thought bubbles above your head with Bellamy in them, and love hearts all over the shop. :steamtrain: When are you going to stop harping on about him?

86332[/snapback]

Craig Bellamy.......what a guy! I imagine you sat at your computer with thought bubbles above your head with Bellamy in them, and love hearts all over the shop. :steamtrain: When are you going to stop harping on about him?

86333[/snapback]

probably when Souness has fucked off and we are doing as well as we were when Bellamy was here.

Does it remind you how wrong you have been or something ?

EDIT. I see this tale as conclusive proof that there was only one person who knew how to mainpulate the media to suit his own ends.......

that is to those who couldn't see it and probably still can't

Edited by LeazesMag

86332[/snapback]

86333[/snapback]

probably when Souness has fucked off and we are doing as well as we were when Bellamy was here.

86334[/snapback]

No, it reminds me how bad a job Shepherd's doing. :icon_lol:

And it reminds me how much you lurrrve Bellamy.

She pulled out of our drive into the lane outside and saw a parked car start to move off. A bit suspicious, so she looked over her shoulder and smashed into a wall.

:P All bright sparks in that family, then?

She pulled out of our drive into the lane outside and saw a parked car start to move off. A bit suspicious, so she looked over her shoulder and smashed into a wall.

86336[/snapback]

It all sounds a bit X-Files like. Do they think they're in danger or something? :steamtrain:

86332[/snapback]

86333[/snapback]

86334[/snapback]

No, it reminds me how bad a job Shepherd's doing. :icon_lol:

And it reminds me how much you lurrrve Bellamy.

86335[/snapback]

nah, just the football club Gem.

I don't like people who fuck it up or put their ego before it, especially those most people can spot a mile off

86336[/snapback]

Obviously Souness, Saunders and co. have provided "coaching" on her driving as well as their efforts on coaching our players.

I doubt the Bellamy issue will go away until Souness fucks off because it encapsulates so many of the things wrong with Souness in his time here:

He came here already against Bellamy and determined to use him to prove he was a hard man

Bellamy was comfortably our best (or at the very least form) player yet Souness couldn't see this

He bottled dropping either Shearer/Kluivert the big name players and instead played all 3, shifted Bellamy out wide or similar

He got involved in a stupid argument/fight with Bellamy (neither blameless mind)

He spread a load of bullshit about Bellamy being a cancer and practically solely responsible for any problems at the club

He spread more bullshit about the morale/dressing room/team spirit then being great when it patently isn't

He put his own ego and selfish personality ahead of NUFC by kicking Bellamy out instead of doing what Mourinho did when Carvallo (or whoever it was) stepped out of line, where Jose disciplined him, dumped him out the team but ultimately brought him back as that was best for the club

He slated Bellamy as incapable of getting more than 7 (or possibly 9) goals a season...wrong, and said Shola would get 20...wrong, so wrong!

He ripped him apart in the media guarenteeing we got nowhere near his value

He continued to petulently whinge and slag him off after he was gone instead of acting like an adult

He didn't replace him

And his bollocks about Bellamy doesn't fit with any of his other managers who all managed to not get to a stand off with him, who all wanted him in their team and still would.

It doesn't fit with all the toon players who in interviews stuck for him as a player and a person (other than perhaps Shearer and Souness cronies doing his propaganda)

Even John Carver who was involved in that incident speaks up for him and would still have him here

etc. etc. etc.

Anyway, that's why it won't go away :P

Edited by Papa Lazaru

To be fair PL, I'd consider Michael Owen a more than admirable replacement for Bellamy - can't even argue about him being injured as CB spent a good amount of time on the sidelines...

I do question Souness' actions with regards to Bellamy and wonder if he did have pre-conceived opinions. That being said, CB did himself no favours by texting Shearer when we got knocked out of the cups...

This from the player who 'loves the Newcastle fans and wants what they want'. If that's true, then why rejoice in us getting knocked out? :P

That's the point I seriously started losing respect for him...

To be fair PL, I'd consider Michael Owen a more than admirable replacement for Bellamy - can't even argue about him being injured as CB spent a good amount of time on the sidelines...

I do question Souness' actions with regards to Bellamy and wonder if he did have pre-conceived opinions. That being said, CB did himself no favours by texting Shearer when we got knocked out of the cups...

This from the player who 'loves the Newcastle fans and wants what they want'. If that's true, then why rejoice in us getting knocked out? :P

That's the point I seriously started losing respect for him...

86350[/snapback]

We've already had the argument about Owen, you think he's Bellamy's replacement, me, Fat Fred, Shearer, Souness and Owen himself think he's Shearer's replacement, but we won't go there again :steamtrain:

The texting thing, like so many of the "training ground" style rumours, stories and reports we here, i have no way of knowing. He may have texted him, he may not have, it may have been offensive it may have been joking/sarcastic. He may have done it and still think its funny, he may have and regretted/apologised for it, who knows as we aren't there and can't believe the people we get the info from. I genuinely have no idea what happened there.

But i can see why you would lose respect for him, i just think the whole Bellamy/Souness thing is a perfect example of everything that is so wrong with Souness that peopel will keep going back to it until he finally gets kicked out...though of course if Bellamy then stars for Blackburn and wins the odd trophy i'm sure it will keep coming back now and then!!!

Edited by Papa Lazaru

He's Shearer's replacement in stature and fan/media appeal - that I agree with....

But in terms of on the field, he's more suited to playing alongside Shearer rather than instead of him..

The bottom line with the Souness/Bellamy issue (and something I think we both agree with) is that neither one of them is blameless...

For the record, there's a large part of me who thinks Souness has 'given up' and is playing to be sacked. I think the article above (which is a bit pathetic) is him saying that his family is something he gives a shit about whereby the grief he gets for being Newcastle boss is not - sorry but he should be giving a shit!

He's in a no-lose situation tbh. He carries on as he is, he's getting paid handsomely for delivering a load of dross. He gets the boot and it's a nice fat pay-off. Either way he wins....

And that little gem I'm afraid is totally attributable to Freddy Shepherd..

He's Shearer's replacement in stature and fan/media appeal - that I agree with....

But in terms of on the field, he's more suited to playing alongside Shearer rather than instead of him..

The bottom line with the Souness/Bellamy issue (and something I think we both agree with) is that neither one of them is blameless...

For the record, there's a large part of me who thinks Souness has 'given up' and is playing to be sacked. I think the article above (which is a bit pathetic) is him saying that his family is something he gives a shit about whereby the grief he gets for being Newcastle boss is not - sorry but he should be giving a shit!

He's in a no-lose situation tbh. He carries on as he is, he's getting paid handsomely for delivering a load of dross. He gets the boot and it's a nice fat pay-off. Either way he wins....

86361[/snapback]

Agree completely, Fat Fred has left him the luxury of continuing to fuck the club up on full pay or get sacked and take a massive "reward" for fucking the club up, it defies belief!

And it is noticeable how frequently he's mentioning his family these days, i suppose it makes a change from him mentioning "team spirit" and "proper players/men" ad infinitum!!!

86361[/snapback]

... standard contract for managers Craig, as you know, I'm not saying its right, because it isn't, but their union looks after its members

If you mean from a playing perspective....if you put that first then you would have been against Souness selling Bellamy....and also playing in the CL etc for 3 years is therefore attributable to Shepherd, correct ?

I think a combination of Souness and Bellamy made CB's position at this club untenable. Fact of the matter is, there was a possibility to repair the damage but that went out of the window with Bellamy's choice to start texting Shearer...

Shepherd did indeed play a part in getting this club to the CL - never disagreed with that. He has however played a more important role in ensuring that we've gone into decline IMO.

As for Souness' contract, well yep compensation is part and parcel but the amount we're talking about?? Why didn't we insist on conditions of the contract (i.e. he achieves a certain league position/European qualification otherwise he foregoes a large preportion of the compensation)?

As PL states, we're currently paying him to fuck this club up and the only way out of doing so is to handsomely reward him for the whole fuck up.

Again I say that it's about time that Freddy uses some of the sizeable dividends he's drawn from the club to rectify the shambles he's created. He owes it to the fans...

I think a combination of Souness and Bellamy made CB's position at this club untenable. Fact of the matter is, there was a possibility to repair the damage but that went out of the window with Bellamy's choice to start texting Shearer...

Shepherd did indeed play a part in getting this club to the CL - never disagreed with that. He has however played a more important role in ensuring that we've gone into decline IMO.

one extreme to the other, he was just as responsible for the comparative success as the fall. There is nothing wrong with Newcastle United that a new manager who knows what he is doing won't rectify fairly quickly. Then shepherd will be responsible for it ... the same as the vast majority of other clubs in the premiership are responsible for their own clubs not matching our ambition, correct ?

Souness' contract, well yep compensation is part and parcel but the amount we're talking about?? Why didn't we insist on conditions of the contract (i.e. he achieves a certain league position/European qualification otherwise he foregoes a large preportion of the compensation)?

As PL states, we're currently paying him to fuck this club up and the only way out of doing so is to handsomely reward him for the whole fuck up.

Again I say that it's about time that Freddy uses some of the sizeable dividends he's drawn from the club to rectify the shambles he's created. He owes it to the fans...

86373[/snapback]

I've said I don't disagree, but the simple fact is, if we differ from the usual contract when we approach the next manager, then THAT will ensure we don't get a good one .......

And for that, would you blame Shepherd if he is reading this now and tries it on your say so !!!!!

As for Bellamy, Souness came into the club with an intention to show he was a "hard man" [really proving it now isn't he?].and Bellamy was the first to cross him, or had the guts to call him correctly out loud. I would think that is obvious to everyone by now

Edited by LeazesMag

86336[/snapback]

I've highlighted the key word. Hardly a shock is it.

86336[/snapback]

86407[/snapback]

Bridget-esque. Probably abandoned the car and ran off down the street, flashing worried glances back over her shoulder.

86336[/snapback]

86407[/snapback]

Bridget-esque. Probably abandoned the car and ran off down the street, flashing worried glances back over her shoulder.

86413[/snapback]

I need more details. Was the parked car in front of her or behind her? What's so suspicious about a car starting to move? Was there nobody in it? What was over her shoulder which could have caused such concern.

We need answers, for the good of our football club :steamtrain:

I can see the Bellamy link like :P

86417[/snapback]

"Interestingly, as he totters from one pathetic excuse to another looking for the sympathy vote, the player he sold to Blackburn who he called a "cancer" and was slagged off on here and other places for being the "liar", rather than Souness, is quietly getting on with his career with dignity"

"I see this tale as conclusive proof that there was only one person who knew how to mainpulate the media to suit his own ends......."

Edited by LeazesMag

86417[/snapback]

"Interestingly, as he totters from one pathetic excuse to another looking for the sympathy vote, the player he sold to Blackburn who he called a "cancer" and was slagged off on here and other places for being the "liar", rather than Souness, is quietly getting on with his career with dignity"

"I see this tale as conclusive proof that there was only one person who knew how to mainpulate the media to suit his own ends......."

86419[/snapback]

Who wrote the bit in quotes? :steamtrain:

86417[/snapback]

86419[/snapback]

Who wrote the bit in quotes? :steamtrain:

86420[/snapback]

do you mean "mainpulate"

No, I meant the whole thing. You making a link between a story about Souness's daughter's car crash and Craig Bellamy doesn't mean there is one. You're obsessed man!