Souness' new excuse

LeazesMag

No, I meant the whole thing. You making a link between a story about Souness's daughter's car crash and Craig Bellamy doesn't mean there is one. You're obsessed man!

86422[/snapback]

nah I'm not, the first quote sums it up, he's just trying to get the media on his side

for the umpteenth time, as some of us have always said about him

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just like Bellamy did then, when he went running to Sky?

86427[/snapback]

No, sky asked him.

Why does Souness think we want to know this shite.....Alex you've left your thinking cap at home today mate

86427[/snapback]

No, sky asked him.

Why does Souness think we want to know this shite.....Alex you've left your thinking cap at home today mate

86429[/snapback]

Oh, you know Sky asked him do you? OK :P

I take your point about Souness talking to the press about stories like this which clearly have no relevance to NUFC and are probably just an attempt to deflect some of flak he's receiving. I still fail to see what it has to do with Bellamy though.

86427[/snapback]

No, sky asked him.

86429[/snapback]

I take your point about Souness talking to the press about stories like this which clearly have no relevance to NUFC and are probably just an attempt to deflect some of flak he's receiving. I still fail to see what it has to do with Bellamy though.

86430[/snapback]

He's coming out with this shit because he's taking the piss and looking for his payoff. The man is a complete wanker.

86427[/snapback]

No, sky asked him.

86429[/snapback]

86430[/snapback]

He's coming out with this shit because he's taking the piss and looking for his payoff. The man is a complete wanker.

86431[/snapback]

Renton, that's cobblers. You said something similar yesterday about what he'd said about Boumsong. Do you seriously think he's intentionally talking rubbish so that Shepherd'll go "Hmmm. He's mental. Best sack him"?

As Alex says, if anything it's probably to stem the tide of questions about the current problems at the club. He's not trying to engineer his dismissal though. :steamtrain:

86427[/snapback]

No, sky asked him.

86429[/snapback]

86430[/snapback]

86431[/snapback]

Renton, that's cobblers. You said something similar yesterday about what he'd said about Boumsong. Do you seriously think he's intentionally talking rubbish so that Shepherd'll go "Hmmm. He's mental. Best sack him"?

As Alex says, if anything it's probably to stem the tide of questions about the current problems at the club. He's not trying to engineer his dismissal though. :steamtrain:

86433[/snapback]

No, what Renton means - I think - is that Souness knows his time is up and he's taking the piss by saying "sack me I'm only really bothered about my family anyway"

Leazes, are you arguing Souness is manipulating the media to get himself the sack? It's just, your original point seemed to be that he was doing it to keep himself in a job.

Renton, that's cobblers.  You said something similar yesterday about what he'd said about Boumsong.  Do you seriously think he's intentionally talking rubbish so that Shepherd'll go "Hmmm.  He's mental.  Best sack him"?

As Alex says, if anything it's probably to stem the tide of questions about the current problems at the club.  He's not trying to engineer his dismissal though.  :P

86433[/snapback]

Yes, that's exactly what I think he's doing. He knows his time is up and there is almost no chance we can get into Europe and his contract will be renewed, and he probably even realises relegation is a possibility. So why hang around? Much easier to get paid off.

Listen, it goes without saying that a person's family is the most important thing in their lives for most people. But what other manager bandies it around like Souness, making it plain managing Newcastle is just an ordinary job for him? Read his recent program notes - he's blatently taking the piss and I don't think he gives a shit about results any more. Like I said he is a complete arsehole in my opinion who is only interested in the money now.

That's possible I suppose, I don't buy a program though but I'll take your word for it. I still think he wants to keep his job and is trying to deflect the flak.

Leazes, are you arguing Souness is manipulating the media to get himself the sack? It's just, your original point seemed to be that he was doing it to keep himself in a job.

86440[/snapback]

He'll try to stay in as long as possible but doesn't give a toss if he is sacked because he knows its coming. Like Renton says, he's taking the piss and inviting it because he's not bothered.

That's possible I suppose, I don't buy a program though but I'll take your word for it. I still think he wants to keep his job and is trying to deflect the flak.

86444[/snapback]

Well maybe, but he hardly strikes me as a manager who cares about the club any more, that's my point.

Btw in the program notes he literally blames EVERYTHING on the media and says we will never have success as long as the Chronicle is trying to destroy the club. :P

86444[/snapback]

Well maybe, but he hardly strikes me as a manager who cares about the club any more, that's my point.

Btw in the program notes he literally blames EVERYTHING on the media and says we will never have success as long as the Chronicle is trying to destroy the club. :P

86448[/snapback]

hhhmm..I wonder what his reaction to half the press in Glasgow trying to destroy the club was ?

What a load of crap

Incidentally Leazes, what point are you trying to make in this thread?

86453[/snapback]

that apart from being a fuckwit of the highest order, he'll say anything he thinks will get him favourable publicity, and will calculate what to say too, like he did with Bellamy !!!! :P

Actually, I withdraw that comment that he blames everything on the Chronicle. He also blames injuries, referees, lady luck and lack of funds for our failure. But the dressing room is GREAT TM.

But upsetting the players with negative comments after the Wigan game is a major reason for our decline apparently.

Actually, I withdraw that comment that he blames everything on the Chronicle. He also blames injuries, referees, lady luck and lack of funds for our failure. But the dressing room is GREAT TM.

But upsetting the players with negative comments after the Wigan game is a major reason for our decline apparently.

86457[/snapback]

:P:steamtrain::icon_lol:<_<:):scare::scare::scare::scare::blink:

86453[/snapback]

that apart from being a fuckwit of the highest order, he'll say anything he thinks will get him favourable publicity, and will calculate what to say too, like he did with Bellamy !!!! :P

86456[/snapback]

What's Souness trying engineer then here, in your opinion?

86457[/snapback]

Jesus supercallifragilisticexpialiweptadocious.

Being sooperfantastic I was there that night and they deserved every last bit of criticism, they were utter shite.

86453[/snapback]

86456[/snapback]

What's Souness trying engineer then here, in your opinion?

86461[/snapback]

blimey Alex.......public sympathy or the sack and he's not bothered which

Which, in this instance, has fuck all to do with Bellamy.

86495[/snapback]

It does, he's showing his character traits again ie attempted manipulator and far from being a "hard man" who "isn't bothered what people think of him" is at heart a weakling and too cowardly to admit things and have some honour