The bell-end brandishing, soon to be top half of the table, behemoths vs Leicester City

Dr Gloom

6 hours ago, Howay said:

You have to love that Dangermows, always could to tick every desperate mackem loser box. The lad is trying to ride a high horse about us going down two seasons ago, with the hindsight of everything that has happened since :lol::lol: 

genuinely cant wait for them to be relegated to League Two

:lol: It's ok, he puts a smilie with cool sunglasses after most of his posts so he's actually really cool as fuck, a Mackem Fonz if you like. Not desperate. Not desperate at all. 

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, Howmanheyman said:

:lol: It's ok, he puts a smilie with cool sunglasses after most of his posts so he's actually really cool as fuck, a Mackem Fonz if you like. Not desperate. Not desperate at all. 

The Fonz used to knock around with kids half his age on Happy Days, so no great surprise he's a role model for some Mackems ;)

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Sonatine said:

The Fonz used to knock around with kids half his age on Happy Days, so no great surprise he's a role model for some Mackems ;)

Uncal Mick, then?

• Haha 2

On 07/04/2018 at 23:04, TheGingerQuiff said:

We're a proper club again now like. Brilliant. Hope we don't get blown out of the water on big Ken in the summer. And I hope Diame, Dummett and Perez are enough of an incentive for some fans to stop giving some players a hard time. Can't wait for next season already, can only see us improving 

Dummett is doing really well now it has to be said.  He's never going to be able to offer much going forward (despite having a decent left peg) but he's defending really well.  I'm happy Perez has scored the winners in the last couple of games but he still needs replacing.  The amount of times we lose possession because he is weak as piss is ridiculous.

i'd echo that. dummet has won me over. we're solid defensively when he's in the side. think he's got the making of a good centre half longer term. he could fill the gap there if lascelles is poached by chelsea or spurs. perez has been the weakest link since joselu was dropped

Jonjo Shelvey: This was an amazing victory against the 2016 champions by Newcastle and why I had no choice but to include Jonjo Shelvey in my team of the week. I have to be honest, I don't enjoy putting players like him in my team. I like footballers and there has been far too much over-physicality where Shelvey has been concerned. However, his performances of late have been impressive. With greater levels of fitness and a more reliable temperament, Magpies boss Rafa Benitez could turn him into a top-class player. Certainly England have no-one with his ability in midfield - he just can't be trusted right now

From ol bug eyes himself, Garth Crooks.

Shelvey is the classic 'footballer' let down by other aspects of his game (mainly tactical awareness in terms of positioning and fitness). He's not a particulalry dirty player either compared to loads of England stalwarts over the years (Scholes, Bryan Robson, Gerrard to name a few). When Crooks is able to walk away from a packet of crisps he can have a go at people lacking self-control.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Alex said:

He's not a particulalry dirty player either

Aye, this is my main bone of contention.  I dare say if it wasn't their precious Alli he'd stood on, there'd be nowt said.

Just now, adios said:

Aye, this is my main bone of contention.  I dare say if it wasn't their precious Alli he'd stood on, there'd be nowt said.

Who is also loves to leave his foot in. And would get more shit for the diving if he wasn't an England regular.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Alex said:

Shelvey is the classic 'footballer' let down by other aspects of his game (mainly tactical awareness in terms of positioning and fitness). He's not a particulalry dirty player either compared to loads of England stalwarts over the years (Scholes, Bryan Robson, Gerrard to name a few). When Crooks is able to walk away from a packet of crisps he can have a go at people lacking self-control.

That is a past concern I think. It was raised again vs Bournemouth but happy to give him the benefit of the doubt after it emerged that he was injured. 

10 minutes ago, TheGingerQuiff said:

That is a past concern I think. It was raised again vs Bournemouth but happy to give him the benefit of the doubt after it emerged that he was injured. 

He's improved but he's never going to be the most athletic of midfielders

It's all a bit safe for pundits to have a go at Shelvey's temperament now, the lad has been bang in form recently and his temperament has been spot on. The problem Shelvey would have if he ever did get to play for his country is the fact he won't have big Mo Diame alongside him in midfield.

• Haha 1

Aye, it seems to be a common theme where they're just regurgitating what others have said. Which isn't really surprising given how dense most of them are. Waddle (who I've always quite liked as a pundit, particularly regarding the national team) has, to his credit, said for ages that Shelvey should be in the side (not just the England squad).

Am I forgetting something or has he had more than the rescinded red vs Forest, the 2 yellows for which the second was a professional foul (and the right choice) earlier in the season and that infamous Alli stamp while at Newcastle?  

I love that he levels all that at Shelvey yet when Dele Alli does similar stuff it’s seen as ‘clever’. Shelvey can be a bit of a snidey bugger and can lose his cool but I think Crooks is painting him in a very unfair light as he’s not the sort of player that throws in leg breakers or intentionally tries to hurt players. 

15 minutes ago, Ayatollah Hermione said:

He had a bit of reputation for being a micey little bastard at Swansea as well

I was wondering if that was the case because I don't recall it (which isn't saying much tbf).