Jonjo's Johnson jigglers v Arsene's anguished arseholes

Dr Gloom

10 hours ago, Dougle said:

Tremendous result today! Cracking game really.

Slimani's 'nod' on for the second goal was just mint (and slightly hilarious) the big hard bastard

It was class. Arsenal’s defenders were just standing around in a big circle waiting for someone else to deal with the ball while the real slim shady was already on the move making it his. Throw him in from the start next game!

15 hours ago, Renton said:

You're welcome. 

Pre Rafa I was never bothered about watching us play. Now I fucking love it. Today was commsumate professionalism from the whole team. We are more than the sum of our parts, for the first time since Robson or keegan. Great to watch. 

My mate said after the match that it was the first time since Robson that you could really feel proud of the team.  We had a really good season under Pardew when we made Europe but there was always the feeling that manager was a cunt and the players were only here to get themselves a move somewhere else.  Now we have a manager and players who (despite the wank stain we have for an owner) want to be here and do well for the club and it we're seeing the results come because of that.

• Like 3

Didn’t decide to go to the game till late but was pleased to be greeted by the unexpected sight of @Howmanheyman as soon as we stepped foot into our first Tyneside bar fresh off the train :) On the grounds of confidentiality and taste I can’t divulge the name of the aforementioned bar but it’s been recently done up for the first time in at least 30 years and the bogs no longer stink like a navvies arse crack after a 10 hour shift.

Anyway, according to my calculations the following scenario(s) get us a place in Europe next season...

Liverpool win champions league

Arsenal win Europa league

Chelsea win FA cup

Burnley lose all their league games

We win all ours 

Over to you Rafa :D

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Man City,  Man Utd, Liverpool, Arsenal into Champions League 

Chelsea get Europa League via FA Cup.

Wouldn't Leicester get the other Europa League spot?

Aye, as amusing as it is to think about, we're not ready for it even if we did sneak in by some miracle :lol:

If we finish 8th I'll be delighted. If we finish where we are now I'll be delighted tbf.

Aye, European competition is brilliant. Mad Scandinavians marching up past the pub, shouting something or other. Wide-eyed Eastern Europeans who could be your best mate or the bloke who pushes you into the shallow grave, depending on how the wind blows.

If ever we get back into Europe we need to find a way to make sure the ground is full. Make those games worth loads of loyalty points, or something.

4 hours ago, PaddockLad said:

Didn’t decide to go to the game till late but was pleased to be greeted by the unexpected sight of @Howmanheyman as soon as we stepped foot into our first Tyneside bar fresh off the train :) On the grounds of confidentiality and taste I can’t divulge the name of the aforementioned bar but it’s been recently done up for the first time in at least 30 years and the bogs no longer stink like a navvies arse crack after a 10 hour shift.

Anyway, according to my calculations the following scenario(s) get us a place in Europe next season...

Liverpool win champions league

Arsenal win Europa league

Chelsea win FA cup

Burnley lose all their league games

We win all ours 

Over to you Rafa :D

Good to see you, Rob. :good:

• Like 1

9 hours ago, PaddockLad said:

Think if the cups go as described we need to finish 7th, with Arsenal and Chelsea finishing 5th & 6th, that would give the league Europa spot to us:cuppa: 

With teams from the top 6 likely winning the EFL cup, FA cup and potentially the Champions League and Europa League, 8th place in the premier league should have been enough to get into Europe.

Except one country isn’t allowed 8 teams in Europe apparently! 

My mate has let me have his season ticket so many times this season.  He lives in Leeds now so when he can't be arsed to go I get his 2 tickets for nixxy.  Anyway there was lots to be proud of, but also a lot not to get carried away with.  This was the poorest Arsenal team I think I've seen since before Bruce Rioch, and while I appreciate they were in Russia 65 hours earlier I'm not having it that this should be used as universal excuse.   When I was a bairn around New Years time, one of the years we beat Nottingham Forest away one day, literally 24 hours later my dads taking me to SJP to see a 2-2 draw with Sheffield Wednesday.  So these teams can moan on, on and on about it, we had a similar time in Europe under SBR, where we won about 12 in the league after being in Europe 72 before.  I think the lad they got from Dortmund is not worth half of what they paid neither.  Anyway coming above Everton and Fat Sam would be great, they'd be more wounded given their hatred of us, than we'd be chuffed though.  

5 minutes ago, Howmanheyman said:

Just had a quick look on one of the Arsenal forums. :jesuswept:

They should've had a penalty and we should've been down to nine. (That's just the first half). :lol:

That’s all Stevie will have seen ;)