Kid Dynamite

We didn’t spend £45mil? 

Atsu £6.5

Manquillo £5mil

Joselu £5mil

Murphy £12mil

Merino £9mil

Lejeune £9mil

With £10mil back for Thauvin, and maybe another £5mil for Murphy, Hanley and De Jong. 

So £30mil down on top of the £55mil tv money lost 

A case can be argued for every position tbh. But, for me:

Kenedy

Dubravka

2 strikers (Slimani isn't ours, Joselu isn't good enough, keep Gayle as a squad player, if Mitro goes we probably need 3 strikers  :lol:)

A #10 (no idea who, I'd trust Rafa's judgement)

A winger (Murphy is young, unsure on Atsu, keep Ritchie as a squad player)

A CB (if Lascelles gets injured/suspended we're a mess defensively)

A RB (probably bin Manquillo or just keep as cover for Dummett on the opposite side, sign an upgrade on or better competition for Yedlin)

Doubt Rafa will get the funds to get those. I'm convinced he'd turn us into a very decent side with a McClaren sized budget of maybe £50m-£80m, whether he'll get it is another conversation.

Edited by Haydnator

9 hours ago, Kid Dynamite said:

We didn’t spend £45mil? 

Atsu £6.5

Manquillo £5mil

Joselu £5mil

Murphy £12mil

Merino £9mil

Lejeune £9mil

With £10mil back for Thauvin, and maybe another £5mil for Murphy, Hanley and De Jong. 

So £30mil down on top of the £55mil tv money lost 

I'd forgotten about Merino. So say around £43m spent. We recouped £20m from Thauvin, Murphy, Gibson, Hanley and De Jong. 

It's £23m net spend which is still pretty low for the PL and pales in comparison to what the other promoted clubs spent. There's still bound to be a decent wedge there to spend in the summer. Given the fees we received for transfers in the previous season I'm not sure that we'll have made a huge loss from our season in the Championship.

I know it's quite unlike you to try to be pedantic so I'll set it out very clearly for you.

Florian Lejeune £8,700,000
Jacob Murphy £10,000,000
Javier Manquillo £4,500,000
Joselu £5,000,000
Christian Atsu £6,000,000
Mikel Merino £8,900,000
  £43,100,000

2 minutes ago, SpaceCadet said:

This true but should Cardiff take the last automatic spot I think Fulham will win the play offs.

Yeah and a 3rd season out the PL would probably see him weigh up his options. Not seen enough of him this season to comment really about signing him

9 minutes ago, Alex said:
3 minutes ago, Alex said:

Yeah and a 3rd season out the PL would probably see him weigh up his options. Not seen enough of him this season to comment really about signing him

Like Ewerk pointed out, he is widely thought of as a bit of a clown or even how Ewerk put it (a c*nt). He is a naturally talented player though who could score and create goals in and around the box.