Summer signings 2018

Kid Dynamite

3 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

I’d hazard a guess at, “would you like Torres at Newcastle?”

Exactly, hes not going to say "nah hes shite and too old" is he? 

6 minutes ago, t00nraider said:

This is the hold up in the Benitez contract negotiations. Benitez wants Torres but Ashley wants a more saleable player.

He doesn't want Torres man.

This story is from Marca, who have declined to include what the question was that drew the answer because it was almost certainly what Dr Gloom said above, a leading one.

Everywhere else has picked that up as "BENITEZ WANTS TORRES"

26 minutes ago, t00nraider said:

This is the hold up in the Benitez contract negotiations. Benitez wants Torres but Ashley wants a more saleable player.

Or not

Torres loss of pace meant that he was no longer particularly suited to the Premier League when he (effectively) left 3 and a half years ago

Just now, Ant said:

confidence was in tatters at Chelsea as well

Agreed. I still think he's a good player who would do a job but there's better options out there for both us and him

14 minutes ago, Alex said:

Agreed. I still think he's a good player who would do a job but there's better options out there for both us and him

Aye, at the stage he is in his career I’d imagine he’d be more of a sub/rotation option. Which of course would be good but there’s fuck all chance of us paying the sort of wages he’d no doubt be wanting if that was the role he’d have. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, t00nraider said:

There was a certain player who lost pace but could still bang them in ;)

Totally different type of centre-forward

1 hour ago, Howay said:

Aye, at the stage he is in his career I’d imagine he’d be more of a sub/rotation option. Which of course would be good but there’s fuck all chance of us paying the sort of wages he’d no doubt be wanting if that was the role he’d have. 

I doubt he’d want to go back to England at this stage of his career anyway

• Like 1

What's happening with the keeper? Is it a case of Charnley can only do one thing at a time as he's basically on his own after Ashley got rid of a lot of staff on his 1st amazing relegation or is it just a case of penaz trying to save the club a few weeks wages by signing him late on? Either depressingly plausible.

6 minutes ago, Howmanheyman said:

What's happening with the keeper? Is it a case of Charnley can only do one thing at a time as he's basically on his own after Ashley got rid of a lot of staff on his 1st amazing relegation or is it just a case of penaz trying to save the club a few weeks wages by signing him late on? Either depressingly plausible.

They'll be waiting until the last possible moment to trigger that clause so they don't need to pay out a higher wage for quite as long, which he'll surely get as a permanent transfer and a signing bonus etc.

8 minutes ago, ewerk said:

If it's a straightforward deal with fee and wages already agreed then it makes no sense to trigger the deal until we need to.

I'd doubt wages for the signing would be agreed, it'd be a poor position for an agent and player to take up.

I'd think triggering the clause would take negotiating with the club out of the equation but player would still to be agreed with.

1 minute ago, t00nraider said:

Think Rafa is trying to shop around for a better keeper.

You think a lot of things.

2 minutes ago, Andrew said:

I'd doubt wages for the signing would be agreed, it'd be a poor position for an agent and player to take up.

I'd think triggering the clause would take negotiating with the club out of the equation but player would still to be agreed with.

There's no reason a deal couldn't have been agreed with the player in the last few weeks.