Summer signings 2018

Kid Dynamite

14 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

right, so it's not like he's given us any reason to expect a rush of £20m+ transfers. 

Nope, but Newcastle have never been top half of the table with Rafa Benitez at the helm before.

i think there's every chance of kicking on, but it won't be because ashley puts his hands in his pocket. he'll spend the minimum he can get away with, as always. our main hope is rafa goes along with that, or the stavely takeover materialises 

2 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

i think there's every chance of kicking on, but it won't be because ashley puts his hands in his pocket. he'll spend the minimum he can get away with, as always. our main hope is rafa goes along with that, or the stavely takeover materialises 

He hasn't put his hand into his pocket for transfers in his entire time here so he's not going to start now. We'll be able to spend what we generate. Given that we spent very little this season there's bound to be a few quid in there for transfers. 

2 minutes ago, Kevin Carr's Gloves said:

Can we guess at how much money we may have to spend if we take the money we get at the end of the season minus what we may have spent over what we made at the end of last season?

It'll take me about 5 minutes to work out what you're asking

• Like 1

Just now, ewerk said:

He hasn't put his hand into his pocket for transfers in his entire time here so he's not going to start now. We'll be able to spend what we generate. Given that we spent very little this season there's bound to be a few quid in there for transfers. 

by putting his hand into his pocket, i meant not even spending what we generate, which he has also often failed to do.

we barely spent a penny this season, for example. 

1 hour ago, The Fish said:

Spent more than £11m once last summer, twice the summer before, and 5 (five) times the season before that.

Yeah well APART from them :huff:

Point still stands, we're selling to buy which isn't good for the depth of the squad...

3 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

by putting his hand into his pocket, i meant not even spending what we generate, which he has also often failed to do.

we barely spent a penny this season, for example. 

I don’t think we’ll be allowed to spend in advance. It’ll only be in arrears so we can spend what we earned this season in the summer.

I can sort of see the logic (well I can see it but I'm not exactly happy with it), i.e. yes, the income is guaranteed but it's not guaranteed the following season until you're safe from relegation.

3 minutes ago, PaddockLad said:

Yeah well APART from them :huff:

Point still stands, we're selling to buy which isn't good for the depth of the squad...

Don't think we've many saleable assets that Benitez will be happy to let go. It's only really Lascelles, imo. We might get interest in Diame, maybe Merino. But the former won't get us any money and Rafa's not done with the latter.

2 minutes ago, ewerk said:

I don’t think we’ll be allowed to spend in advance. It’ll only be in arrears so we can spend what we earned this season in the summer.

This is my view on it as well. And I really think that's what the other teams in the league did last summer when the crazy money was flying around.

32 minutes ago, The Fish said:

Don't think we've many saleable assets that Benitez will be happy to let go. It's only really Lascelles, imo. We might get interest in Diame, maybe Merino. But the former won't get us any money and Rafa's not done with the latter.

Mitro

Gayle

Darlow

Elliot

Colback

Clark

Gamez

Manquillo 

Merino

Yedlin

are all expendable and I expect half of them to go. They may not generate a lot, but that's where we're at. 

mitro will be off. i suspect we might flog gayle to a championship side too. we should get back what we paid for those two. mitro's form at fulham might have boosted his value a bit.

i think we'll probably hang on to yedlin, merino and clark. 

the others can walk.

9 minutes ago, PaddockLad said:

Mitro -  Aye fair enough could get a good amount for him

Gayle - Dunno, Benitez likes him but sure if we get a decent bid

Darlow/Elliot - Maybe sell one, won't sell two, neither will have a big price tag though

Colback - Is he still here? He'll go and go for nowt.

Clark - We've little depth at centre back, sell only if we have a replacement

Gamez - he'll go and go for nowt

Manquillo  - if he goes it'll be for buttons.

Merino - Benitez won't sell Mikel

Yedlin - Nah, young, fast, energetic and improving under Benitez. Going nowhere.

are all expendable and I expect half of them to go. They may not generate a lot, but that's where we're at. 

23 minutes ago, David Kelly said:

Mbemba will surely be away in the summer.  Him, Mitro and Gayle are the ones that I think we'll be interested in selling that are worth anything.

Surely Joselu won't stay. Which means we'll need 3 strikers which is unlikely. Probably keep Gayle

2 hours ago, David Kelly said:

Mbemba will surely be away in the summer.  Him, Mitro and Gayle are the ones that I think we'll be interested in selling that are worth anything.

Mbemba is still here?!

Our revenue went from £100mil to £45mil ish when we got relegated. We then spent £45mil on Lejeune, Murphy, Atsu, Manquillo, Joselu and Merino in the Summer. 

I dont think theres a warchest waiting to be spent this summer. There’s a £55mil hole to be filled from last season