Jump to content
Kid Dynamite

Summer signings 2018

Recommended Posts

3 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

I’d hazard a guess at, “would you like Torres at Newcastle?”

 

Exactly, hes not going to say "nah hes shite and too old" is he? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, t00nraider said:

This is the hold up in the Benitez contract negotiations. Benitez wants Torres but Ashley wants a more saleable player.

 

He doesn't want Torres man.

 

This story is from Marca, who have declined to include what the question was that drew the answer because it was almost certainly what Dr Gloom said above, a leading one.

 

Everywhere else has picked that up as "BENITEZ WANTS TORRES"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, t00nraider said:

This is the hold up in the Benitez contract negotiations. Benitez wants Torres but Ashley wants a more saleable player.

 

Or not

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Torres loss of pace meant that he was no longer particularly suited to the Premier League when he (effectively) left 3 and a half years ago

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
52 minutes ago, Alex said:

Torres loss of pace meant that he was no longer particularly suited to the Premier League when he (effectively) left 3 and a half years ago

 

confidence was in tatters at Chelsea as well

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Ant said:

 

confidence was in tatters at Chelsea as well

Agreed. I still think he's a good player who would do a job but there's better options out there for both us and him

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Alex said:

Agreed. I still think he's a good player who would do a job but there's better options out there for both us and him

Aye, at the stage he is in his career I’d imagine he’d be more of a sub/rotation option. Which of course would be good but there’s fuck all chance of us paying the sort of wages he’d no doubt be wanting if that was the role he’d have. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, t00nraider said:

There was a certain player who lost pace but could still bang them in ;)

Totally different type of centre-forward

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Howay said:

Aye, at the stage he is in his career I’d imagine he’d be more of a sub/rotation option. Which of course would be good but there’s fuck all chance of us paying the sort of wages he’d no doubt be wanting if that was the role he’d have. 

 

I doubt he’d want to go back to England at this stage of his career anyway

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What's happening with the keeper? Is it a case of Charnley can only do one thing at a time as he's basically on his own after Ashley got rid of a lot of staff on his 1st amazing relegation or is it just a case of penaz trying to save the club a few weeks wages by signing him late on? Either depressingly plausible.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Howmanheyman said:

What's happening with the keeper? Is it a case of Charnley can only do one thing at a time as he's basically on his own after Ashley got rid of a lot of staff on his 1st amazing relegation or is it just a case of penaz trying to save the club a few weeks wages by signing him late on? Either depressingly plausible.

 

They'll be waiting until the last possible moment to trigger that clause so they don't need to pay out a higher wage for quite as long, which he'll surely get as a permanent transfer and a signing bonus etc.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If it's a straightforward deal with fee and wages already agreed then it makes no sense to trigger the deal until we need to.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, ewerk said:

If it's a straightforward deal with fee and wages already agreed then it makes no sense to trigger the deal until we need to.

 

I'd doubt wages for the signing would be agreed, it'd be a poor position for an agent and player to take up.

 

I'd think triggering the clause would take negotiating with the club out of the equation but player would still to be agreed with.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, t00nraider said:

Think Rafa is trying to shop around for a better keeper.

 

You think a lot of things.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


Recent tweets

Toontastic Facebook

Donate to Toontastic

Keeping the lights on since... well ages ago
TT-Staff


×