Shelvey's schmeckel swingers v Hippo Heed's horror show

Dr Gloom

9 minutes ago, wykikitoon said:

If that had been Perez last season or earlier this season I would have been first to line him up and shoot him. But he's now at least grafting and trying. He was going to get fuck all tonight with Madley against him too. No doubt hippo head bought the cunt. 

Can’t fault Perez’s work rate and he has done better lately. I’d like to see some more quality in that position though as well as up front 

Just now, Chronic the Drug Wasp said:

He's a trier but needs upgrading.

That's ultimately it, isn't it?

Though the way Rafa keeps turning shite into diamonds you never know.

7 minutes ago, Noelie said:

It's reasonable to believe that Rafa gave explicit instructions that every time we had the ball we were to give it to a blue shirt, and it would appear those instructions were well carried out by most of our players during the entire match.:mad:

One of the most depressing games I have seen in a long time, was this the same team that beat Arsenal last week???:mad:

4 minutes ago, wykikitoon said:

You must have been watching a different game. :lol: We didn't give it away that much man. 

Yes we fucking did ..... too many times, unless you weren't paying attention.:razz:

5 minutes ago, Isegrim said:

Ashley will be furious, he was about to add another 50m to the asking price.

Hippo Head will be happy though, as his plan to water the pitch worked really well. Looks like the pitch was too slippery for some of our players and their limited passing ability. The attempt of Perez to put Slimani through after Pickford‘s misskick was shocking. 

Such a poor pass. I like Perez, but he's so inconsistent and frustrating with generally horrible decision making.

6 minutes ago, Noelie said:

It's reasonable to believe that Rafa gave explicit instructions that every time we had the ball we were to give it to a blue shirt, and it would appear those instructions were well carried out by most of our players during the entire match.:mad:

One of the most depressing games I have seen in a long time, was this the same team that beat Arsenal last week???:mad:

Just as night follows day, Noelie is on after a defeat to spout some utter shite.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

They seemed to go back to how they were before Xmas in a lot of games - reasonably comfortable but just not quite there in terms of final pass. 

I hope they haven't given up as another 6 or 7 points would be a good ending. 

8 minutes ago, Isegrim said:

Ashley will be furious, he was about to add another 50m to the asking price.

Put in that context, maybe throwing every game for the rest of the season wouldn't be such a bad thing.

3 minutes ago, NJS said:

They seemed to go back to how they were before Xmas in a lot of games - reasonably comfortable but just not quite there in terms of final pass. 

I hope they haven't given up as another 6 or 7 points would be a good ending. 

Didn't look like they had given up. Everton pushed a reasonable defensive tempo, closing down a fair bit, made more effective by being given every advantage by the ref.

4 minutes ago, Billy Whitehurst said:

Just as night follows day, Noelie is on after a defeat to spout some utter shite.

Aye, it’s funny how quiet both he and trooper have been lately.

4 minutes ago, Billy Whitehurst said:

Shite flows downhill Billy..........you should have got out of the way. :)

2 minutes ago, OTF said:

Didn't look like they had given up. Everton pushed a reasonable defensive tempo, closing down a fair bit, made more effective by being given every advantage by the ref.

Maybe given up is the wrong way to put it - maybe just a natural reaction to achieving a goal in mentally relaxing a tad. 

I'd excuse Diame from that as the fucker was on steroids again. 

Bobby Madeley's inability to referee our games with any lack of bias is becoming embarrassing now. When the fourth official is even agreeing with Rafa, then you know it goes beyond simple incompetence. He should have been blacklisted after the Coloccini debacle in the derby and his failure to spot two handballs, a blatant second booking, a penalty and a handful of completely cynical fouls makes him Uriah Rennie-esque in his hatred for Newcastle United.

Other than that, I could fucking throttle Perez. I'm not sure he's reached Laurent Robert levels of frustrating but he's not far off.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, OTF said:

Literally every bounce, including their goal, fell their way too. When every ricochet, 50/50 or deflection lands at your opponent's feet, it's easy to let your head drop.

I fucking hate these weekday games, didn’t see this as I was at work but tbh it sounds like it was what I expected. The fat headed wretched cunt has took 250m quid worth of players and is using them in a manner similar to his dross Bolton side which he had assembled by giving away drill cones, or bags of footballs, or whatever else instead of transfer fees. No shock at all to hear that shambolic cunt Madley fucking up time and time again when it came to decisions for us.

Just pleased we didn’t need this one really, I still hope we finish above that shambles of a manager mind as I will always have a massive dislike for the fat Yorkshire drip. I look forward to the day he is finally banned from football, something which is almost inevitable for the corrupt scumbag. 

I watched the Walcott goal and while it’s a canny enough finish he got lucky in the way it bobbled back to him. No shock that was their only shot on target, it was similar when we lost to them at home. Think they went through a 4 or 5 game stretch without registering a single shot on target, and the bloke has the brass neck to get offended when people give him grief for being anti football. Honestly man it’s no wonder the only fan base that likes him are no marks like SAFC. This bloke could take over Real Madrid and he’d have them registering one shot on target at home to Getafe as he utilizes Ronaldo at CB for his height. 

• Haha 2

8 hours ago, Billy Whitehurst said:

Did Mitrovic score?

Thought it was very similar to the Burnley Monday night game. Shit game that could have easily gone either way. 

Typically when he’s being talked up for England, Shelvey was the poorest he’s been in ages. And after being talked up for his recent performances, Perez showed why we desperately need to replace him in the summer. 

But we gave away very little and with a bit of luck or a competent referee we probably would have won.

I loved Pickfords reaction. It reminded me of that time Sunderland got relegated to league one by Burton. 

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, Ayatollah Hermione said:

Other than that, I could fucking throttle Perez. I'm not sure he's reached Laurent Robert levels of frustrating but he's not far off.

He isn’t capable of getting to Robert’s highs so can never get to his levels of frustrating.

Terrible game to watch over all. We were about on a par with Everton throughout though, even with Madley giving them everything. Its nice in some way to be able to say we're better than we showed in that performance, if we produced at the level we had for the previous 4 games we'd have won comfortably.

Realistically though we're not a team that can show up anywhere in the league and expect to win, we've got to work hard at it and that will lead to games and results like last night.

Fingers crossed this lack of performance acts as a reminder of that to some of the players and we show up for the West Brom game and put in that work that saw us get safe.

A poor game for us but hardly one to piss ourselves over!

8th is still on tbf. We still have a game in hand over Everton. Unfortunately we seem to be playing West Brom when they’ve finally hit a bit of form.

Anyone who even thinks about fucking with my match thread or starting their own should get an instant ban.