Time up

sweetleftpeg

From the beeb;

1100: Newcastle boss Graeme Souness, who snapped up Michael Owen on deadline day in the summer transfer window, says he has no money to add to his squad and will not be making any signings.

So, that's it then. We're stuck with what we've got. Do people think we should have added to the squad during January? Even if we are skint, should we have tried to bring in players on loan to hopefully help us limp to midtable? There was a rumour going round that FF have put a sanction on transfers because he was going to sack Souness, yet he hasn't. Big mistake?

Personally, I'd like to have seen the club bring in a centre forward with PL experience on loan to help us get goals. However, off the top of my head I haven't got a clue who we could have got.

Nope, no point in letting Souness waste any more money.

Let's face it, the only decent signings he's made have been the obvious ones - Parker and Owen. We couldn't afford any more mistakes (like all the others he's bought).

Oh, and I'm not including Luque on either list, because I still think he could prove himself under a different manager :P

From the beeb;

1100: Newcastle boss Graeme Souness, who snapped up Michael Owen on deadline day in the summer transfer window, says he has no money to add to his squad and will not be making any signings.

So, that's it then. We're stuck with what we've got. Do people think we should have added to the squad during January? Even if we are skint, should we have tried to bring in players on loan to hopefully help us limp to midtable? There was a rumour going round that FF have put a sanction on transfers because he was going to sack Souness, yet he hasn't. Big mistake?

Personally, I'd like to have seen the club bring in a centre forward with PL experience on loan to help us get goals. However, off the top of my head I haven't got a clue who we could have got.

86537[/snapback]

Souness knew he had to wheel and deal - Shepherd made it clear players had to go before others came in, even on loan. However, he didn't, either because no-one suitable was available, he couldn't get shot of players already here on fat contracts, he is incapable of acting in the transfer market without money, or he simply can't be arsed and doesn't care about the club enough to make the effort. Take your pick.

Whatever the reason, I think it was misguided, and we are now in danger of the drop. I agree a striker coming in was essential. We had better hope Owen comes back in time fit and enthusiastic, and doesn't suffer another injury, or we are in trouble big time. As it is, any more injuries (which let's face it, are likely) and could really kill us.

And all the while.........the player he sold to Blackburn who he called a "cancer" and was slagged off on here and other places for being the "liar", rather than Souness, is quietly getting on with his career with dignity.....

And all the while.........the player he sold to Blackburn who he called a "cancer" and was slagged off on here and other places for being the "liar", rather than Souness, is quietly getting on with his career with dignity.....

86550[/snapback]

...no wonder as he left behind a club in a desolate state.

Souness knew he had to wheel and deal - Shepherd made it clear players had to go before others came in, even on loan. However, he didn't, either because no-one suitable was available, he couldn't get shot of players already here on fat contracts, he is incapable of acting in the transfer market without money, or he simply can't be arsed and doesn't care about the club enough to make the effort. Take your pick.

Whatever the reason, I think it was misguided, and we are now in danger of the drop. I agree a striker coming in was essential. We had better hope Owen comes back in time fit and enthusiastic, and doesn't suffer another injury, or we are in trouble big time. As it is, any more injuries (which let's face it, are likely) and could really kill us.

86544[/snapback]

What I'm worried about is the fact we seem in freefall and appear to get worse and more clueless as the weeks go by. A couple of bad results this week (massive game on Saturday imo) and we're in the crap, especially if the Smoggies beat the mackems tonight. I feel slightly better that Emre and Parker are back, but for how long? I think we should have at least tried to bring someone in who knows where the net is like.

86550[/snapback]

What was that LM?

86544[/snapback]

What I'm worried about is the fact we seem in freefall and appear to get worse and more clueless as the weeks go by. A couple of bad results this week (massive game on Saturday imo) and we're in the crap, especially if the Smoggies beat the mackems tonight. I feel slightly better that Emre and Parker are back, but for how long? I think we should have at least tried to bring someone in who knows where the net is like.

86557[/snapback]

I actually want the mackems to win tonight, I'm that worried. I expect us to lose on Wednesday, which will make Saturday a 6 pointer. How ridiculous!

We've got to hope we will improve, but until Owen gets back, it's difficult to see how.

I actually want the mackems to win tonight, I'm that worried. I expect us to lose on Wednesday, which will make Saturday a 6 pointer. How ridiculous!

86561[/snapback]

That's how I feel.

86561[/snapback]

That's how I feel.

86603[/snapback]

Me too, for two reasons. One we need team around us to lose points to be safe and two, it would be funny to see the smogs lose twice to the mackems and possibly be relegated!

86561[/snapback]

That's how I feel.

86603[/snapback]

Me too, for two reasons. One we need team around us to lose points to be safe and two, it would be funny to see the smogs lose twice to the mackems and possibly be relegated!

86645[/snapback]

I'd settle for a draw like but it comes to something when we're relying on the Mackems to do us a favour!