Film/moving picture show you most recently watched

Jimbo

Favreau was only an executive producer on the avengers after falling out with marvel studios

he'd have had little to do with what was on screen, Whedon deserves all the credit

I hear he is still trying to make up for that one black mark on his career, Holden's scathing review of IM2

Have you seen Cowboys and Aliens? Awful. And Made for that matter. Trying to re-ignite the Swingers success. Poor.

Edited by Holden McGroin

I thought Avengers was going to be a turkey but it was very good. Joss Whedon deserves a medal for gelling it all together.

to his credit that he finally got the Banner/Hulk balance right

and to Mark Ruffalo, who Ive only seen in shutter island before, for doing Banner absolutely spot on

Once Were Warriors

Kiwi movie about one mans self destruction, but also the ability of his family to move forward regardless. Tough watching at times, 18 years old and very well known here, although not sure how much so in the UK.

Edited by jimthemuss

I didn't particularly like the Avengers. Then again I'm not a big fan of superhero/cartoon films so it wasn't a surprise.

Also, the 3D added nothing.

I didn't particularly like the Avengers. Then again I'm not a big fan of superhero/cartoon films so it wasn't a surprise.

I've yet to watch a film where it has. In the movies that are well written it's at best icing, at worst a distraction. In the movies without a decent script/performance it isn't impressive enough to distract. As an aside, the passive 3D glasses they hand out at cinemas are only really useful when you're roughly central. I've yet to use a dynamic pair, but I'd imagine if you're off to the cinema to watch 3D films often it might be worth the investment.

loved the first two they brought out but this third one i think is going be a bit crap, Bane's meant to be a big fecker, 7ft+ and 500lbs, bit like the hulk, from those trailers he looks ridiculous (don't think catwoman will be any use either)

They should've done Mr Freeze properly or something instead

Im always optimistic about new films in my favourite series (wrong word) to the point of blind optimism, means I'm even more disappointed if they turn out to be bad. I'm sure it'll be class.

Dynamic? Do you mean active?

They wouldn't work in a cinema anyway.

Thems the buggers, why wouldn't they work? are the images projected from the tv at a different frequency or is there something else?

Agreed. Expected more after everyone bigged it up. Only 2 films I enjoyed in 3d were Avatar and Tron Legacy

Take shelter...absolutely cracking film, acting was immense.

American pie, was watchable. Only cause Ali cobrin is in it, ridiculously hot, gets her goods out as well.

I watched the Avengers over the weekend, it was alright but nothing anywhere close to the hype.

Not as good as the X-Men films and more Fantastic Four level.