Film/moving picture show you most recently watched

Jimbo

Thinking about whether to watch Once Upon A Time In America later tonight... would anyone recommend?

Definitely. Just make sure you put it on at about six so you're finished by midnight.

The Pact - A festering heap of wank

Chernobyl Diaries - Basically 'The Hills Have Eyes' in Eastern Europe, I kinda enjoyed it but that could be mainly due to having just sat through 'The Pact'

Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter - Proper blockbuster bollocks but it's actually quite good fun

Cosmopolis - I'm usually a Cronenberg fan and there's flashes of his mastery in this but overall it did very little for me.

I'm gonna go see it, but I fear I'll feel the same way.

He needs to work on something of his own again, not scripted by someone else or based on a novel.

almost certainly. prometheus has already been vetoed. i suppose what i'm asking is what's the best of the rest? i've done a bit of browsing of local cinema listings - seems to be mainly a rather hideous-looking selection of romcoms. are there any gems out there i'm missing?

i was hoping to see one of total recall/batman/spiderman but doesn't look like they're out yet...

Prometheus.

Promised so much and I expected a lot more. I used to be well into Alien (first two) and loved the HRG art. Art wise this stayed faithful to HRG and was stunning in parts.

But, I found the characters hollow, some of the acting plastic and in general so much of the film, well, pointless? It just ran in to so many dead ends and had things happen that ultimately were meaningless.

Such a shame. He could have squeeze it into half an hour of a film that linked much more to the first Alien.

Rocky

One of the most over rated films ive ever seen...I say seen, i watched an hour of it and bailed. Reinforced my opinion that stallone cant act, and his character - rocky balboa - behaves like someone who is mentally ill. Honestly, if he went around newcastle acting how he does in the first 30 minutes of that film, he'd be sectioned. I get that he is meant to be somewhat dim. But there's dim, then there's this guy:

2755_1.jpg

Who talks to himself in a mirror about how many moths are in his turtle food. It isn't really fair for me to rate it, as I havent seen the second half. but for the first half Id give it a generous 3/10

Killer Joe - really enjoyed it, it certainly not gonna be for everyone and I wouldn't recommend it as a date flick due to the voilence, nudity and misogyny.

Your Sister's Sister - really enjoyed this as well. It's proper low budget, and looks as such but I thought the characters were engaging and the performances were strong, also features the least arousing sex scene I've seen in a good while.