Film/moving picture show you most recently watched

Jimbo

The Hobbitt. Thought it was a little less epic than Lord of the Rings but I actually enjoyed it more then the first time I watched Fellowship. I've never read the book so I didn't have any preconceptions (other than from the LOTR films) so that might have helped. Looking forward to the next two.

Django Unchained. Not sure it's up there with Tarantino's very best but it was thoroughly enjoyable and I thought a good mix of other westerns such as Leone's Spaghetti Westerns and slightly more classic (although not totally good guys wear white hats types) such as Johnny Guitar.

Lincoln - Dull. Very, very dull.

Quite how they decided that it would be a good idea to commit the better part of two and a half hours to the US legislative procedure is beyond me.

I always thought of Lincoln as a more serious type of character than how JDL portrayed him, which sometimes bordered on Jed Bartlett with his stories and anecdotes. Though I understand that playing him as an entirely solemn character wouldn't exactly make for great cinema.

The storylines involving Lincoln's wife and son added very little to the story. Of course it was necessary to have some sort of insight into Lincoln's personal life but I found Sally Field's overacting to be annoying and JGL's role was simply unnecessary.

One redeeming feature was Tommy Lee Jones' character and excellent performance.

Overall it was an extremely slow moving, dimly lit, largely unmoving waste of time.

Quite how they decided that it would be a good idea to commit the better part of two and a half hours to the US legislative procedure is beyond me.

I always thought of Lincoln as a more serious type of character than how JDL portrayed him, which sometimes bordered on Jed Bartlett with his stories and anecdotes. Though I understand that playing him as an entirely solemn character wouldn't exactly make for great cinema.

The storylines involving Lincoln's wife and son added very little to the story. Of course it was necessary to have some sort of insight into Lincoln's personal life but I found Sally Field's overacting to be annoying and JGL's role was simply unnecessary.

Overall it was an extremely slow moving, dimly lit, largely unmoving waste of time.

thanks. i suspected as much but will go out of my way to avoid.

He's an intense man alright. I feel I need to be mentally in the right place to watch one of those sort of films, If I'm hungover with the fear and had to watch something like that, I'd be in bother!

As I suspected. Tenner saved.

:lol: Cock off.

Was hoping for more info on this film. Which one was it?

1. The direct to video sequel to face/off, with Mario van peebles swapping junk with Damon wayans to infiltrate a pedophile ring, with hilarious consequences

Or

2. The true life tearjerker about the struggles of a south African athlete, starring martin Lawrence as caster semenya and the voice of Chris Tucker as her hugely annoying cock and balls.

Both look mint tbh

1. The direct to video sequel to face/off, with Mario van peebles swapping junk with Damon wayans to infiltrate a pedophile ring, with hilarious consequences

Or

2. The true life tearjerker about the struggles of a south African athlete, starring martin Lawrence as caster semenya and the voice of Chris Tucker as her hugely annoying cock and balls.

Both look mint tbh

:lol:

Or

Both look mint tbh

:lol: :lol:

Or

Both look mint tbh

:lol:

Dredd

996444_064.jpg

Went into this with low expectations, not sure if it was because of how bad the original one was with Stallone or the fact the reviews weren't great. Wouldn't say I came out of watching it thinking those low expectations were right as it was generally ok, but only something I would recommend to people who like your no nonsense action films without having to do much thinking whatsoever. Whereas something like The Raid (where this seems to have stolen a similar theme) I would recommend to anybody.

Karl Urban played Dredd how you wanted him to be played though. Obviously it's not the hardest role to act but he never once took the helmet off and was ruthless which is all you can ask for.

Olivia Thirlby was cute as anything too.

Some of the cinematography was good too, although the slow motion was a bit annoying by the end but that's what the story revolved around due to the drug that they were selling.

All in all one of those films you can put on to kill some time and not have to think about anything during. So will probably get re-watched that regard.

6/10

Skyfall

Had to Wiki Komodo Dragon to check they attack humans. Apparently they do.

Kermode & Mayo really overhyped it for me. Enjoyed some of the set pieces and the nods back to the older bonds. But they were going on like the Oscars snubbed it. Wasn't better than any of the first 3 Bourne films ans none of them got (best film) Oscar chatter.

Skyfall

Had to Wiki Komodo Dragon to check they attack humans. Apparently they do.

Kermode & Mayo really overhyped it for me. Enjoyed some of the set pieces and the nods back to the older bonds. But they were going on like the Oscars snubbed it. Wasn't better than any of the first 3 Bourne films ans none of them got (best film) Oscar chatter.

I've really gone off them recently, and this was prime example of why. Their "you're simply wrong" approach to anyone who disagreed with them over it was very tiring. Turned off the Oscars podcast after they found all of Amy Adams/That other cunt's shit jokes funny then started bleating on about THE SAME CUNTING BY-THE-NUMBERS FILM THEY'VE BEEN KNOCKING OUT FOR FIFTY FUCKING YEARS (a fact which is for some reason celebrated) not being nominated for awards.