Film/moving picture show you most recently watched

Jimbo

The Last Stand -- Arnie

If you grew up with Arnie cheese, which most of you didn't, you'll love this, so most of you won't.

Possibly the best ever grossest bullet damage seen on film with exploding heads and bodies been shot in half.

Worth watching just for that.

I even own Kindergarten Cop so less of your condescension please.

Last film I watched was Primer. Low budget sci fi film about a couple of blokes who invent something but they don't know what it is. Turns out it's a time machine that allows you to travel back in time which causes various issues. I have to admit I couldn't work out what was happening half the time (largely because I was half asleep while watching it) but was impressed enough to read more into it and it's a really interesting film that I'm going to have to watch again.

Recommended if you like a sci fi that makes you think about it.

Not surprised you fell asleep!

Gave it about 25 minutes by which point my head was about to explode. :lol:

I'd had a weekend on it tbf so it wasn't the film the sent me to sleep. It's definitely a head scratcher like. I had to read quite a bit online to make sense of it which isn't always a good thing but on this occasion I was quite happy to do it.

If I didn't have so many other things to watch at the minute I'd have watched it again by now.

Off to see the Evil Dead remake tonight. Fairly sure it'll be toss, the missus is terrified already and would rather see Iron Man 3 but the cinema will be full of twunts so that's not happening this close to release date. Will report back on Monday.

Ajax Andy - the lass in Killer Joe is Juno Temple.

'Monsters Inc' at the Silverlink with my youngest who was feeling left out as her sis was allowed to go swimming with her mates by herself but she wasn't. (£5 for the two of us! The ice cream was dearer!)

Bought the Hobbit in 3D.

Really, really enjoyed it. It was very well done but I don't understand why he's made it a trilogy - it's only a short book IIRC. Tried to cheer myself up with it instead of MOTD.

Bought the Hobbit in 3D.

Really, really enjoyed it. It was very well done but I don't understand why he's made it a trilogy - it's only a short book IIRC. Tried to cheer myself up with it instead of MOTD.

£££

Love, sex and other drugs.

Mediocre rom com, supposedly edgy but actually cliched and corny as fuck. Nosedives spectacularly in the last half hour.

However, on the other hand it has Anne Hathaway's tits. Lots of them.

Silver Linings Playbook. Not a bad watch. Not sure Jennifer Lawrence's performance was oscar-worthy. She seems to just be flavour of the moment in Hollywood right now. Still, an enjoyable and quirky comedy drama - 7/10

Edited by Dr Gloom

Watched The Hobbit last night... not impressed. Was like watching some 12 year old play World of Warcraft or something for 2 and a half hours.

Not a patch on Lord of the Rings

Watched it the same night as you.

Daft when they were on the side of the cliffs that came to life. I can't stand up on a Metro that's parking without holding on.

Also watched Silver Linings Playbook. Not bad for a rom-com.

Silver linings playbook - awful , defo one for the lasses.

Olympus has fallen - fast paced action, bit g i joe at times but entertaining and quite topical atm.

Iron man 3 - decent, enjoyed it

Watched it the same night as you.

Daft when they were on the side of the cliffs that came to life. I can't stand up on a Metro that's parking without holding on.

Also watched Silver Linings Playbook. Not bad for a rom-com.

I didn't even understand the significance on the cliffs coming to life and smacking the shit out of each other... there was just no point to it other than for nice special effect purposes. Really stupid and pointless

Iron Man 3 and Oblivion. Iron Man was good, but just seems to be missing something. Better than Iron Man 2, but not up to the standard of the first or the Avengers.

Oblivion was better than I expected, probably because I didn't know very much about it so sort of expected a bit of a standard Hollywood sci fi action type. It's bleaker and more understated than that, although the twists aren't exactly hard to predict. Thought it was decent overall.

The Man From Earth. Film about a college professor who tells all his friends he's leaving town all of a sudden. When, at a leaving party for him, they press him for a reason, he tells them he's actually fourteen thousand years old.

I'm guessing it's a made for tv movie going by the cast and it does come across like an episode of some sci fi tv show but it's actually quite cleverly done and well worth a watch.

The Man From Earth. Film about a college professor who tells all his friends he's leaving town all of a sudden. When, at a leaving party for him, they press him for a reason, he tells them he's actually fourteen thousand years old.

I'm guessing it's a made for tv movie going by the cast and it does come across like an episode of some sci fi tv show but it's actually quite cleverly done and well worth a watch.

Watched that about a year ago.

Really enjoyed it.