Film/moving picture show you most recently watched

Jimbo

Aye, I know what you mean but it didn't spoil it for me.  I didn't really have much sympathy for the two male characters for some reason, but I felt awful for Jennifer Connelly's and Ellen Burstyn's.

119169[/snapback]

Ellen Burstyn was very good.

I watched Man On Fire last night and thoroughly enjoyed it.  I don't ever remember seeing it advertised or plugged when it was out at the cinema though  :D

119123[/snapback]

I enjoyed Man on Fire too.

Watched Requiem for a Dream yesterday. Jesus it was bleak viewing, but a good film. Well acted, but not one to watch if you're suicidal. :lol:

119150[/snapback]

It looked good and that, but did you think bleakness was stupidly bleak? Fair enough to warn people against drugs but (***and there's spoilers coming up so look away if you ain't seen it***) EVERY one of the four users ends up such a horrific state it was just silly. Even if you get a canny strong drug dependency, doesn't mean you'll end up as bad as any one of them, to have all four plumb such depths spoiled it for me.

119164[/snapback]

Aye, I know what you mean but it didn't spoil it for me. I didn't really have much sympathy for the two male characters for some reason, but I felt awful for Jennifer Connelly's and Ellen Burstyn's.

119169[/snapback]

Agree with Gemmil. Didnt spoil it for me.

Really enjoyed the double-ended dildo scene as well... :blink:

It looked good and that, but did you think bleakness was stupidly bleak?  Fair enough to warn people against drugs but (***and there's spoilers coming up so look away if you ain't seen it***) EVERY one of the four users ends up such a horrific state it was just silly.  Even if you get a canny strong drug dependency, doesn't mean you'll end up as bad as any one of them, to have all four plumb such depths spoiled it for me.

119164[/snapback]

I thought there was more than a touch of irony about it, and I certainly don't think it was saying this is what happens if you do drugs. Kind of reminded me of those "informational" films the US government released on the dangers of cannabis.

It looked good and that, but did you think bleakness was stupidly bleak?  Fair enough to warn people against drugs but (***and there's spoilers coming up so look away if you ain't seen it***) EVERY one of the four users ends up such a horrific state it was just silly.  Even if you get a canny strong drug dependency, doesn't mean you'll end up as bad as any one of them, to have all four plumb such depths spoiled it for me.

119164[/snapback]

I thought there was more than a touch of irony about it, and I certainly don't think it was saying this is what happens if you do drugs. Kind of reminded me of those "informational" films the US government released on the dangers of cannabis.

119177[/snapback]

Anyone seen reefer madness? :D

Is that on cinema release or DVD? Like to see that, big fan of the Warhols.

I went old skool last weekend, watched Lost Boys and the Mad Max trilogy. Lost Boys didn't seem as good as I remembered it, still a canny film like. As for the Mad Max Trilogy, I never liked the first one and I was reminded why Third one I didn't really care for either. However, the second one is class.

119126[/snapback]

The first one should have been called Quite laid back Max...until the last ten minutes.

119141[/snapback]

:D

I think the music finally pushed him over the edge tbh.

Crash is a great film. I haven't seen anything good at the cinema for ages. Anything good out at the moment?

119176[/snapback]

Don't think there's that much on at the minute, although I don't pay attention that much these days. Used to be a right film dweeb when I was younger though - a bit like Happy Face. :D

119164[/snapback]

119177[/snapback]

If it was meant to be ironic, I don't remember the director tipping me the wink that that was the case. It all seemed to play very straight to me. I've not seen it for years like, I might give it another go to see what I missed, I can always jump to the aforementioned dildo scene if i still don't like it.

Crash is a great film. I haven't seen anything good at the cinema for ages. Anything good out at the moment?

119176[/snapback]

Don't think there's that much on at the minute, although I don't pay attention that much these days. Used to be a right film dweeb when I was younger though - a bit like Happy Face. :D

119197[/snapback]

:lol:

Hostel

Watched both The Hills Have Eyes and The Fog last night - both crap, rubbish storylines, poor acting, not a good word to say about either.. Thankfully it was from the comfort of my own bedroom with a fine chap and a few beers, and I didn't have to pay a penny. :D

Watched both The Hills Have Eyes and The Fog last night - both crap, rubbish storylines, poor acting, not a good word to say about either.. Thankfully it was from the comfort of my own bedroom with a fine chap and a few beers, and I didn't have to pay a penny. :D

119245[/snapback]

Boys in your bedroom? Illegall DVDs?

Suprised you didnt light up a dooby as well....

:blink::lol:

119245[/snapback]

Boys in your bedroom? Illegall DVDs?

Suprised you didnt light up a dooby as well....

;):lol:

119248[/snapback]

Waiting until after payday for that. :blink:

Oh, I also watched Super Size Me and The Exorcism of Emily Rose last night.  The former left me craving a sausage and egg McMuffin (despite it's conclusion) whilst the latter was more enjoyable than I thought it would be.  Nice to have a storyline rather than just horror for horror's sake..

116937[/snapback]

Watched it the neet. Was canny enough. Fairly disconcerting that Tom Wilkinson was doing an impression of Hannibal Lector with his accent though. And every major event seemed to be telegraphed 5 minutes before it happened too. But there you are.

There's a German version of the story too. It's called Requiem and concentrates more on the girl, than the priest and the resulting case. Emily Rose is based on Anneliese Michel, a German woman who died in the 70's.

Anyhow, here's the trailer...

http://www.blairwitch.de/trailer/x_requiem.mov

A UK release isn't scheduled yet ;)