Film/moving picture show you most recently watched

Jimbo

A Good Day to Die Hard.

Ridiculous action scenes in a movie with John McClane in it. Didnt feel like a Die Hard movie.

Aye watched this the other day, utter shite.

Getting Bruce Willis to say yippe kay ay doesn't make it Die Hard!

The Master. Moments of sheer cinematic genius, incredible acting, slightly baffled over what it was actually saying. Something about fraudulent faux spiritual leaders who came to dominate US culture in the 20th century (which is what you'd expect in the context of There Will Be Blood) except it doesn't really say that. There's so much 'other' stuff going on it left me wondering what else I was missing. Great film.

Enjoyed it too. Weinstein admitted that he's marketed it badly.

The Master. Moments of sheer cinematic genius, incredible acting, slightly baffled over what it was actually saying. Something about fraudulent faux spiritual leaders who came to dominate US culture in the 20th century (which is what you'd expect in the context of There Will Be Blood) except it doesn't really say that. There's so much 'other' stuff going on it left me wondering what else I was missing. Great film.

That first processing/interrigation scene between the two mains (don't blink) is extraordinary ... in every way: the writing, acting, directing, photography. It's also a much funnier film than many give credit.

That first processing/interrigation scene between the two mains (don't blink) is extraordinary ... in every way: the writing, acting, directing, photography. It's also a much funnier film than many give credit.

Joaquin Phoenix is one of the worst actors of all time. How people don't see his one dimensionalism is beyond me.

Watched 'Adventureland' for the 2nd time at the weekend... outstanding coming of age film set in a theme park. Sounds crap but is absolutely mint

I've seen that recently, really decent acting for that genre.

Hangover Part 3 - I loved the first 2, regardless of it being a regurgitation of the same plot I actually enjoyed the second one more I would say. The 3rd is still good if you enjoyed the first 2, but for me too much effort put into making it an 'action epic' rather than focusing on the film's main comedic gold supply - the quickfire convos between Alan and anyone else. Felt like something of an anti-climax towards the end too. Trying a bit too hard to force the sweetness at times also. Stew really got a bum deal with the lines too - can't remember anything particularly funny he got to say. Just the generic 'Are you fucking kidding me!?!?' style faces/outcrys.

Watched 'Searching for Sugar Man' last night... it's a documentry about a forgotten musician dubbed the new Bob Dylan back in the early 70's. Pretty amazing story and well worth a watch. Gets a 96% fresh rating on Rotten Tomatoes and is well worthy of that rating.

It's available on Love Film instant if anyone has that.

"made of stone", Shane Meadows directing....funny and epic is hard to pull off, but Shane nails it. If you don't mind their music go and see it bacause its funny as fuck, if you love their music the scenes from last years Warrington gig will probably make you cry....

• 2 weeks later...

Films watched recently on a flight to San Francisco :-

Skyfall - 10/10

Super 8 - 8/10

7 Psychopaths - 9/10

Argo - 8/10

And on the flight back :-

Rise of the guardians - 9.5/10 - best animation ever seen.

Cloud Atlas - 7/10

Did start to watch Django Unchained - (about 30 mins - til the pillow over the heads scene - very funny) - 10/10.

Superman - man of steel - 8.5/10

Pretty decent, Michael Shannon was great as zod

Thought it was piss. Superman was one dimensional, there was no humour at all, I thought Fishburne and Shannon, Costner and Crow were the only decent performances and they weren't even that good. They should have spent more time on Clark Kent wandering the planet trying to find his place in the world (as that was interesting) and then have him become "Superman" towards the end of the movie where he saves the planet from some kind of cataclysm or other. Then the next movie should have had Zod and Luthor, the last should just be Luthor.

Got bored during the action scenes too.

I'd only give it 5/10